Will There be a Season 3? (It most likely won't happen)

Comments

• Yes, graphics, scenario, characters, story, and music (probably my favorite part).

yes, I think that this season was bether (graphics, scenario...) than season one...

• edited December 2017

It's how Telltale makes their living and are able to make their games so yeah, it's unlikely to be any different than before and unfair to expect it to be.

JimMate789 posted: »

We have to

• yeah, this end doesn't seem the end of the game. I hope Telltale make a season 3, release near by the end of 2018, let's wait.

SnownRaven posted: »

It's how Telltale makes their living and are able to make their games so yeah, it's unlikely to be any different than before and unfair to expect it to be.

• Yeah, let's hope so.

yeah, this end doesn't seem the end of the game. I hope Telltale make a season 3, release near by the end of 2018, let's wait.

• Agreed, but I don't think there will be season 3 until 2019.

yeah, this end doesn't seem the end of the game. I hope Telltale make a season 3, release near by the end of 2018, let's wait.

• if they are already planning it, by the end of next year it can be released. the second season came out in 7 months ...

ali1382 posted: »

Agreed, but I don't think there will be season 3 until 2019.

• 10, in fact.

if they are already planning it, by the end of next year it can be released. the second season came out in 7 months ...

• edited December 2017

But this one is different, they have a lot of games to make in 2018...

if they are already planning it, by the end of next year it can be released. the second season came out in 7 months ...

• The year is almost ending! Let's hope 2018 is a great year for telltale and story mode!

• Agreed!

The year is almost ending! Let's hope 2018 is a great year for telltale and story mode!

• edited December 2017

I wanted to post this for those who may not know about it.

Eric Stirpe: "No plans for any more MCSM at the moment - either DLC or another season. That could change and the powers that be could decide to ask for further episodes, but it probably wouldn’t be for a while - that’s why we wanted to make the end of S2 E5 a nice closer for Jesse’s story in case we don’t get to make any more."

So, as of now, that there are no plans at the moment for additional content or a new season but this does not mean that we may never see anything more of Story Mode. It just means that it is not the cards right now and even if it were, we would see it for some time.

So caution hope but let it not wither either.

• Well, this thread is for that, speculation and fanbase hope.

SnownRaven posted: »

I wanted to post this for those who may not know about it. Eric Stirpe: "No plans for any more MCSM at the moment - either DLC or another

• Yeah, I'd still like to speculate about what a season 3 could be about. After all, it's not set in stone and it's fun to discuss.

Well, this thread is for that, speculation and fanbase hope.

• This game has been a great series...............
    There would be a new upcoming Season.

• Telltale has to make the series finale of TWD, and the season 2 of TWAU, (and I think there's a secret proyect too, idk), maybe, if there is a season 3 it would be launched between August 2018 - March 2019

• Man i hope we get a season 3 for MCSM .. i just love the game

• edited December 2017

I imagine there might very well be a third season down the road if the second season sold well and was positively received. It seems to have gotten positive reviews so it appears to have nailed the latter part.

According to a post by Eric Stirpe, the lead writer, there are currently no plans for new episodes but he also said that might change. It just probably wouldn't be for a while. That's why they made the end of Above and Beyond feel like closure to Jesse's story. It was in case there wouldn't be another season which I really appreciate.

I think Minecraft: Story Mode is a series that lends itself well to continuation since it's about adventures. I don't have the impression that the development team have grown tired of the series which is a good thing.

• The ending of the latest episode seemed like it tied together everything except the Romeo and Xara relationship if you let them both survive in your playthrough

So on one hand you could say the show is over but

It just seemed too weird at the end how they mentioned about 4 loose ends in the series

Ivor mentions having leads on Soren, which personally I really want to see

Some WP guy telling Jesse to look out, but I just like to the think someone Jesse knows was trying to warn Jesse a giant statue was heading straight for beacon town

Petra goes out to adventure, they could just start anything from that

And Romeo goes underground (determinant) so that could involve some sort of story

All in all it feels like they are giving us a satisfying ending for now until they release some dlc in about a years time, I reckon a long time becuase of how fulfilled to ending seems to be

• Have you not figured out yet that WP stand for white pumpkin?

TarZ_ posted: »

The ending of the latest episode seemed like it tied together everything except the Romeo and Xara relationship if you let them both survive

• Huh true,
    But wasn’t the whole of Cassie’s mansion destroyed, and wasn’t she done for?
    Unless someone stole the pumpkin head.
    It’s hard to speculate on this one

Kng0604 posted: »

Have you not figured out yet that WP stand for white pumpkin?

• JESSE ASKING PETRA OUT

• So, what do you think will probably happen? Extra Episodes, new season or nothing?

• No idea, but another season and dlc episodes would be nice.

So, what do you think will probably happen? Extra Episodes, new season or nothing?

• ther has to be a season 3 I mean how did romeo, fred and Xara get their admin powers there must be an owner or something sttroger then an admin and he/she challenges jesse to see if he/she is worthy of being an admin

• I would like to see either
    1. Soren forming the Order of the Stone. And also their adventures.
    2. How the Admins got their powers.
    3. Spinoff of a different character.

• I would also really like a season or dlc episodes with Ivor trying to fix his friendships with the other members of the old order, or one with this "WP" and Aiden redeeming himself.

I would like to see either 1. Soren forming the Order of the Stone. And also their adventures. 2. How the Admins got their powers. 3. Spinoff of a different character.

• Ah yes that’s also something I was going to write but I forgot.

I would also really like a season or dlc episodes with Ivor trying to fix his friendships with the other members of the old order, or one with this "WP" and Aiden redeeming himself.

• If there would be a spinoff, I would like to have a Petra or Ivor series, it could be located after season 2 or before season 1.

I would like to see either 1. Soren forming the Order of the Stone. And also their adventures. 2. How the Admins got their powers. 3. Spinoff of a different character.

• No! Guys, I have bad news. :(
    In Android, minecraft story mode season 2 sold way less than minecraft story mode season 1!
    Season one: something like 10.000.000 installs.
    Season two: something like 10.000 installs!
    So, I adoubt there will be season 3.
    :( :( :( :( :(

• edited January 2018

Don't worry! The reason for this is because that Season Two does not have its first episode for free like Season one does. It's still very early! :D

What I think is going on is that they have not start to fully advertise the game yet.I mean having the first episode for free is brilliant and Telltale does it with every tale. (They just did it with Batman:The Enemy Within)

Sooooooo what I'm trying to say is that they will eventually make the first episode of season two,free.THEN
    we can actually tell if the season faild or excited expectation.

I know I'm worried too, but you have to agree that its very weird or fishy that the secound season has 1/1000 downloads of the first season. I mean this season was F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! Why would it sell a thousand times less when its a thousand times better?

No! Guys, I have bad news. In Android, minecraft story mode season 2 sold way less than minecraft story mode season 1! Season one: someth

• I hope so.

Don't worry! The reason for this is because that Season Two does not have its first episode for free like Season one does. It's still very e

• Agreed

I hope so.

• The only way to truly know is how did Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 sell?

• I think they are gonna announce a season pass for MCSM S2 at Minecon this year. Calling it now.

• When is Minecon?

I think they are gonna announce a season pass for MCSM S2 at Minecon this year. Calling it now.

• Idk, but I think it's going to be in the latter half of this year.

When is Minecon?

• Well, hopefully they'll have some kind of story mode news then.

Idk, but I think it's going to be in the latter half of this year.

• Late 2018 (Mid November). About the time when conveniently The Wolf Among Us S2 and The Walking Dead s4 should be close to finished. About the time when conveniently MC will have another major update like the soon to come Aquatic Update. Adding more Items,mobs things for Telltale to use.

It's the perfect place and the perfect time to announce another season pass or season. Sucks that its just so far off in the future.

When is Minecon?

• If at that time telltale really is going to be finishing up on their other games, then maybe there is a chance we could here some news then. This is the first time I've had hope for season 3 in a long time.?

Late 2018 (Mid November). About the time when conveniently The Wolf Among Us S2 and The Walking Dead s4 should be close to finished. About t

• edited February 2018

Good :) Because I have actually no doubt at all for another season. I mean if you stay at beacontown and let radar talk aka "do nothing" he will hint with WP, Aiden and the followers of Soran.

Now look at this video 15:55 and remember what i just wrote. xD

https://youtu.be/noO-IvPrsfE?t=15m55s

If at that time telltale really is going to be finishing up on their other games, then maybe there is a chance we could here some news then. This is the first time I've had hope for season 3 in a long time.?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.