Feedback Thread

I wanted to create this feedback thread so that we can share with Telltale what we may have liked and what we may have disliked about this season. It's best if it's done in a constructive way, however. If you dislike something then you have to say why you disliked because otherwise Telltale has no way of knowing what about it you disliked and how they improve upon it if they decided to.

I'm making this thread now because I was reminded that people tend to leave forums until news of the next game arrive so I was hoping to catch those interested in participating before they leave.

I'm planning on posting my own writing about what I liked and what little I disliked but it's not done yet.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2017

Ok so I fairly enjoyed the entire content of the second season as well as the first, I have almost no complaints. I love all the characters and each moment of every episode had me feeling various emotions and overall worry for the characters safety. :)

I have only one request, and although this isn't something telltale is likely to do, I would more than love the option to at least interact romantically with either Lukas or Petra, not all players see them in a romantic light but many like myself would be extremely pleased with just the option of doing so.

The character development for Petra was more than satisfying in season two, and although the interactions with Lukas were short they were very sweet, and being able to hug him certainly makes up for his lack of presence. (;

I came to like all the villains in season 2, most of them were very likeable and I found myself wanting to befriend them more than I wanted to kick their butts. Telltale does an amazing job with this game in particular and it's definitely one of my all time favourites, there's always going to be things for them to improve on but if season 3 is ever created I'd still love to interact platonically with either of my two favourites(Petra and Lukas) and have the option to do so romantically. :)

• I love so many things about the game, that I can't possibly list them all. But, here's a few of them. The story was wonderful, both old and new characters were great. But, one of the best parts to me was the relationships between the characters. Now hers two things I disliked this season, Lukas wasn't there much, he's a fan favorite who should have had more time in the episodes , and I felt like the writers focused to much on Rader on a few episodes .

• edited January 2018

The character development between Jesse and Petra was my favorit part of the season and I really wish it to flurrish in the next season(if we get one). I also hope or wish that we will get alittle bit more of Ivor and Lucas. That's pretty much it.There is nothing I can say to improve this season because it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

The Music,Gameplay,Writing,Plot,Voice Acting,Grapichs,Locations,Decision makings...just everything excited my expectations.

• I don't like the attack cooldown on S2

• edited January 2018

Gameplay
    You know the saying, "Don't fix what isn't broken?" Well, Telltale seems to have taken that to heart. At its core, MCSM was an interactive movie sort of game, so they mostly left things the same. I do enjoy the changes to combat though. It makes it seem like more than a game of chicken. Additionally, the fact that more choices actually affect dialogue and the ending you get is a nice touch. The advice you give Petra in Episode 2 comes back in Episode 4, your response to Stella in Episode 3 affects dialogue in Episode 5, Radar staying behind ends up saving Romeo, stuff like that. There's more of a "butterfly effect" in this season than the last one.

Story
    I feel that it improved significantly from Season 1. There are no real "Axel and Olivia" situations with the protagonists in which some of them feel empty and irrelevant. Each protagonist has a stake in the story, and has an opportunity to accomplish something. Between Jack and "Vos", Petra finding her calling, Radar becoming a hero, Stella bailing Jesse out at the Sunshine Institute/Beacontown, and Nurm/Lluna's sacrifice, each character has something important to them.
    My only criticism is the treatment of Xara, who just vanishes for Episode 5 (or has a minute-long confrontation with Romeo that's doomed to failure.) It would have been nice for her to have an actual conclusion to her story besides, "Stays in the Underneath and helps people." I do understand the budget issues, but I disagree with Eric Stirpe's point about it taking narrative focus away from Jesse. Maybe focus on someone other than Jesse is a good thing. Idk tho, I'm no writer, and it's a little late to change the events of the season. :expressionless:
    The villains are also vastly improved. We see Romeo's motivations and background, and he is actually somewhat sympathetic. He's like a lost child trying to find something to be happy about, except this desire has been corrupted beyond repair.
    Character interactions are as lovely as ever, with good writing and funny quips. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, and I like that.

• My only criticism is the budget cuts
    I am going to list all the things I have heard we could’ve had if there we’re no budget cuts
    1. We would’ve seen Em (Determinant)
    2. The warden would’ve had an assistant
    3. We would’ve had better treatment of Xara
    4. We would’ve seen some of the old order of the stone

• Don't forget Harper! I was really looking forward to seeing her too..

TarZ_ posted: »

My only criticism is the budget cuts I am going to list all the things I have heard we could’ve had if there we’re no budget cuts 1. We wo

• Me too.?

Don't forget Harper! I was really looking forward to seeing her too..

• edited January 2018

To be fair, budget cuts is not something that Telltale can help. A budget is a budget and has to be maintained. This means that not everything makes it past certain stages of development and production.

If Telltale were to keep the things that you mentioned on the development table then they'd be forced to cut other things from development. For example, they might have had to remove Lluna from the story or cut Petra's character arc.

If you notice, most of the stuff cut is extraneous material like minor characters such as Em, Sonar, Batsy and so on. This is to prioritize the stuff that relate to the main focus and cast. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to see what could have been like Sonar and Xara. I still want to see Xara's flashback.

TarZ_ posted: »

My only criticism is the budget cuts I am going to list all the things I have heard we could’ve had if there we’re no budget cuts 1. We wo

• edited January 2018

I'm not going to bump an ancient thread just to remain faithfully on topic.
    I'm posting about season 1. I repeat. Season 1.

I, as an adult, enjoyed it. I did. I do have to say that there were some bad choices surrounding development.

Why wrap up your story in episode 4? Why have a standalone episode 5 that leaves no satisfactory conclusion? The ending. Oh boy. This was the worst instance of DLC baiting that I have ever seen. Ever.

The first four episodes were really good. These were terrible decisions. I'm sorry, Telltale, but the DLC should have started with episode 5. I was on leave during this game's release, so I do not know how the feedback was. Personally, I was disappointed. I found myself wondering why the game was still going after episode 4. After playing episode 5, I was sitting there thinking... "Why?".

I'm going to continue the series, but oy. That was a rough finish to the first season.

Edit: Episode 6 was amazing though. My favourite so far(even if it lacked subtle references).

• I just don’t like how companies can make money producing content which isn’t at their best standard, no power to the consumer

SnownRaven posted: »

To be fair, budget cuts is not something that Telltale can help. A budget is a budget and has to be maintained. This means that not everythi

• edited January 2018

Finished the Adventure Pass episodes. Episode 6 has been the best of the series so far. Starting season 2 now. I really want more like episode six. That was an incredible surprise.

I should probably say at some point that I'm not a Minecraft fan. In fact, I've never played it. It came out after I had a fulltime job and it just sounds too time consuming for my taste. I wanted to say something, but felt I should start with that.

I wanted to add that, when viewing trailers, I saw a lot of comments about how these are the worst games Telltale has made. Now, I know that's subjective and obviously the people on this end of the forum are not going to agree with those comments. I just wanted to chime in as a non-Minecraft fan by saying: No. They're not. They really aren't. I'm not naming games(and I didn't finish TWD2 or even touch 3, so I'm not even including those), I don't play that game. These aren't the worst written. They're not the worst acted. They're not the worst mechanically. They just are not the worst anything. I enjoyed it and I can enjoy something while admitting it's bad(Wes Craven's Shocker is in my fav films list). These games, just aren't bad.

• Of course MCSM isn't bad. The people who say so are just immature teens who get upset because Telltale won't post more of what THEY want to play.

Johro posted: »

Finished the Adventure Pass episodes. Episode 6 has been the best of the series so far. Starting season 2 now. I really want more like ep

Sign in to comment in this discussion.