Will There be a Season 3? (It most likely won't happen)

Comments

• No way is TellTale finishing both The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us by the end of 2018. They are going to release their first episodes in either summer or fall and that will carry all the way into 2019. Sorry but Minecraft might have to wait a year or two before a Season 3 is released.

Late 2018 (Mid November). About the time when conveniently The Wolf Among Us S2 and The Walking Dead s4 should be close to finished. About t

• Lol. I went with Petra so I didn't get to hear all that when I first played it. I really want to know what the deal is with the followers of Soren.?

Good Because I have actually no doubt at all for another season. I mean if you stay at beacontown and let radar talk aka "do nothing" he wi

• The Walking Dead S3 took 6 months so if S4 begins in the summer it will end in winter 2018. Now I even said that it will be close to finished, not fully finished so stop bending my words. This is the last season of TWD so there is a possibility it will take up more time but even then it will be closed to finished. So how am I wrong? Sorry not sorry but your arguments does not disprove that Telltale will likely announce MCSM S3 at Minecoon 2018.

No way is TellTale finishing both The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us by the end of 2018. They are going to release their first episodes i

• Woah relax dude whats with the attitude I was just saying it's probably going to be a while before the game is realeased! Also they have other games that are most likely getting other seasons like Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman might get a third season, and even Game of Thrones should be getting another season. Also The Wolf Among Us at one point had us wait three months for an episode because of rewrites and who knows if the second would do the same. TellTale is also has smaller teams now.

The Walking Dead S3 took 6 months so if S4 begins in the summer it will end in winter 2018. Now I even said that it will be close to finishe

• Dammit forgote to put emojis to show sarcasm xD my bad sorry.

Woah relax dude whats with the attitude I was just saying it's probably going to be a while before the game is realeased! Also they have oth

• edited February 2018

Maybe... I heard that TWD Season 4 will be the last season of TWD. If it's true maybe we can see another MCSM season

• edited February 2018

its ok I just thought you were like yelling at me lol its cool :smiley:

Dammit forgote to put emojis to show sarcasm xD my bad sorry.

• It is, It says The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Radek_Bey2 posted: »

Maybe... I heard that TWD Season 4 will be the last season of TWD. If it's true maybe we can see another MCSM season

• So batman gets a three but not minecraft? Not cool. If they just finish up Batman, they probably would be doing something else. Also, guardians wasn't that popular, but it might eventually get guardians.

Woah relax dude whats with the attitude I was just saying it's probably going to be a while before the game is realeased! Also they have oth

• None of them have been announced yet. Hold out hope :) So far, it's just The Wolf Among Us and TWD4. I would also really like a sequel to those other two. Unfortunately, it looks like 'Guardians might be a monumental uphill battle as the voice cast and music licensing could not have been on the cheaper side. I hope though, but with all the decent outings we've got from Telltale, I wouldn't mind them tackling something new.

So batman gets a three but not minecraft? Not cool. If they just finish up Batman, they probably would be doing something else. Also, guardians wasn't that popular, but it might eventually get guardians.

• Well I would like Minecraft to get a Season 3 but with how things are looking it might be a while before Season 3 of Minecraft is released. The Wolf Among Us waited five years for it's sequel so I mean it's not fair that Minecraft is the only game that gets a quick third season. Game of Thrones has been waiting three years without any confirmation of when a second Season will come out even though the second season was announced as soon as the end of the first season concluded.

So batman gets a three but not minecraft? Not cool. If they just finish up Batman, they probably would be doing something else. Also, guardians wasn't that popular, but it might eventually get guardians.

• edited February 2018

This is me assuming and reading between the lines, but when the CEO mentioned that Telltale wanted to develop fewer games determinant on outside material, I think that was a direct reference to GoT. It doesn't mean there won't be a sequel, but it sounds like that they would wait until the TV series is finished before pursuing it if they chose to do so.

MCSM, on the other hand, is their own story with their own characters. There are fewer hoops for them to jump through to produce it.

(While I know and talk to developers, some of which work for Telltale, I have ZERO knowledge of this, or any future plans. This is just myself hypothesizing.)

Well I would like Minecraft to get a Season 3 but with how things are looking it might be a while before Season 3 of Minecraft is released.

• I love the Minecraft series I want it to get a third season but I think it might be a while before they do that because they have so many future plans. I love all there games and want there to be more seasons for Minecraft but not right away because Minecraft Season 2 has just come out. If you get to much of something at once you lose interest much more quickly then if you don't.

Johro posted: »

This is me assuming and reading between the lines, but when the CEO mentioned that Telltale wanted to develop fewer games determinant on out

• Agreed, the other games deserve their fast next season.

I love the Minecraft series I want it to get a third season but I think it might be a while before they do that because they have so many fu

• I FOUND THIS LOOK THIS PHOTO

• it's a render, I saw the original post on one of these forums (I think it was episode 3 waiting thread).

It's fan-made.

I FOUND THIS LOOK THIS PHOTO

• October? That's very soon, and telltale has some bigger, and more anticipated projects coming this year, so I don't think season 3 will come this year, but rather early-mid 2019 or something like that.

DenikRG posted: »

Guys, sign the petition!!! https://www.change.org/p/telltale-minecraft-story-mode-season-3?recruiter=66619576&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.nafta_milestone_share_ask_victory.control

• Well, I signed it. Though, I feel like October would too soon.

Guys, sign the petition!!! https://www.change.org/p/telltale-minecraft-story-mode-season-3?recruiter=66619576&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.nafta_milestone_share_ask_victory.control

• October? IMO its way to soon. I think we will get an announcement at minecoon (november 2018) and maybye a realese date around early 2019 or summer.

• People, I'm sorry, but this is not my petition, I personally do not count on October.

October? IMO its way to soon. I think we will get an announcement at minecoon (november 2018) and maybye a realese date around early 2019 or summer.

• In my opinion, I don't think season 3 will come in this year, unless we're lucky, I think season 3 would come in the first half of 2019.

Just in time for the minecraft movie.

• Wait, Minecraft movie is that a real thing?

In my opinion, I don't think season 3 will come in this year, unless we're lucky, I think season 3 would come in the first half of 2019. Just in time for the minecraft movie.

• Yep, it is being produced by Mojang and Warner Bros, and it is supposed to hit cinemas in May 24, 2019.

Kng0604 posted: »

Wait, Minecraft movie is that a real thing?

• Cool, I wish it would have something to do with MCSM. But sadly telltale won't have anything to do with it.

Yep, it is being produced by Mojang and Warner Bros, and it is supposed to hit cinemas in May 24, 2019.

• Maybe there will be some kind of easter egg, as MCSM is the first spinoff game from minecraft, and it's very significant to the main game and its fanbase.

Cool, I wish it would have something to do with MCSM. But sadly telltale won't have anything to do with it.

• Yeah, I would be happy just to see Petra or Lukas in the back or something like that.

Maybe there will be some kind of easter egg, as MCSM is the first spinoff game from minecraft, and it's very significant to the main game and its fanbase.

• Agreed!

Yeah, I would be happy just to see Petra or Lukas in the back or something like that.

• Wow, the fanbase is dead.

• Wow, there's another fan here besides me.? I thought I was the only one felt.?

Wow, the fanbase is dead.

• Haha

Wow, there's another fan here besides me.? I thought I was the only one felt.?

• That’s one problem with episodic games. Once the game is over most fans just don’t really talk about it anymore.

• Every single day I come here, hoping to see "the third season is a hint from the teltale".... :(

• The same happens with "hype" games, these are those games that come out, everyone has it, everyone says it's the best game ever, the internet gets overflown with it, and 3 months later the game gets almost completely forgotten, except for the true fans who got there because they genuinely liked the game, and didn't get in the fanbase because it was "the new thing" or because some youtubers played it.

Examples: MCSM S1 episode 1 (there are youtubers who only played the first episode "because it was the new thing"), undertale, and kinda cuphead, but it's a relatively new game so the fanbase is dying but not dead.

Of course, hype games are the most extreme examples of what you said :P

That’s one problem with episodic games. Once the game is over most fans just don’t really talk about it anymore.

• edited March 2018

same! :(

Every single day I come here, hoping to see "the third season is a hint from the teltale"....

• Announced new series/ Season - All fans aboard the hype train - Episode Development - Hype train still runs - End of Season - Hype train stops - Announced new Season - All fans aboard the hype train again... and so on

Literally Telltale fanbase in a nutshell :P

• I just wish telltale would come out and say something like "There will most likely be a new season in the future" or just say "There's most likely not been another season due to..."

• I’m just so glad there are true fans like us still out there. I sometimes replay S1 and S2 just to get me back into it. And sometimes I rewatch YouTube videos of it.

• can't wait to the day where I'll go to any social media of Telltale/Eric Stirpe and I see the announcements of MCSM season 3

• Haha

Announced new series/ Season - All fans aboard the hype train - Episode Development - Hype train still runs - End of Season - Hype train sto

Sign in to comment in this discussion.