Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Well...

If that's what you want...

AronDracula posted: »

Just kill me then.

• Yeah, but I will respawn in the Hunter's Dream.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well... If that's what you want...

• How do you buy the bonus episode farewell? isn't part of spiecal edition of Life is strange or before the storm?? If you know please tell me.

The release date for the bonus episode "Farewell" will be March 6th. On that day, the Vinyl edition will also be released.

• Got to say that I love the first game and I that ive watch before the strom on youtube and will differently plan oon playing sometime this year. The farewell episode is released as an special edition of Before the Storm? If someone knows please tell so I can buy on Steam when I have a chance. THank you kindly/= ^_^

• The bonus episode is only available to those who have purchased the Deluxe Edition. So, if you have that, you'll be able to download it on the day it premieres. If not, that's still available to purchase, or you can get the Vinyl Edition package.

How do you buy the bonus episode farewell? isn't part of spiecal edition of Life is strange or before the storm?? If you know please tell me.

• Ok Thanks for Deluxe Edition of LIS or before the storm?

• edited February 2018

Okay, finished episode 2 a few days ago. Quite good, though I will admit that no supernatural hook or drama happening until much later is kind of lame. This is a good game, good story, but it feels kind of inconsequential. Being angsty, playing hooky, getting kicked out of school, doing drug money runs, putting on a play... While some of that is fun, on the whole it doesn't bring a "Wow factor" I expected. There's no mystery, intrigue, reason as to why Rachel suddenly notices Chloe and drags her around school and stuff.

But, apart from that... It was good. Decking out your new truck was cool, seeing puppy Pompidou was great, spending more time with Mikey (locked in a dorm room) was.. more tense than I had hoped. [seriously if there isn't another D&D match in Episode 3 I'm gonna be sad. Best part of Episode 1 there. Brought Chloe's geek side out.]
    The Tempest production was probably my favourite part. I actually made sure to memorise the script they give you backstage, in case I really had to. Hooray for me, I got all the responses right on stage. Rachel going off-script was fun, having the two girls engage in a conversation between eachother but it melding well into the story of the Tempest was a great sight to watch. I was really impressed with how Chloe managed to improv the right words out to sound Shakespearean, kudos to her for that as I probably would have shot a blank on that.
    Rachel's mother being the one her father saw in the park was a jaw dropper, but I kind of expected something more out of left field. Still interesting though. Excited for Episode 3, but not excited to finish this (but given that the only mystery now is how Chloe and Rachel's relationship ends, and what is up with her Mother appearing, there's not much to wrap up.)

The best thing about this game by far is the soundtrack. It got me to like something I didn't know I liked. Punk Rock, and "Punk Indie" music... at least that's what I'm calling it. Not quite soft indie music like the original season, but it has a bit more grit to it. Listening to the full soundtrack more often now. I really enjoy the work Daughter put in here, I'll have to check them out.
    And that Episode 2 Intro? Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Really screams "rebellion" and fit perfectly with that graffiti montage.

• edited February 2018

[seriously if there isn't another D&D match in Episode 3 I'm gonna be sad. Best part of Episode 1 there. Brought Chloe's geek side out.]

That depends on the choices you make in episode 2 ;) But i agree the soundtrack is the best thing about this game.

AChicken posted: »

Okay, finished episode 2 a few days ago. Quite good, though I will admit that no supernatural hook or drama happening until much later is ki

• For Before the Storm.

Ok Thanks for Deluxe Edition of LIS or before the storm?

• Thank you, that's what I am going to get then
    <3

For Before the Storm.

• I really enjoyed the Life is Strange series. Both Season 1 and Before The Strom were amazing. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story I hope that Season 2 is just as good but seeing as it will have different characters it seems like our choices won't really matter.

• What game is that?

Well... If that's what you want...

• I'm hoping that the move to Unity can help Telltale reach some of the levels of detail that have been put in to Life is Strange. Every single thing seems to have something said about it or has at least a minor affect. Yes, the endings still stay the same but I think it makes for a much more rich environment and will be less restrictive like the Telltale tool seems to be. More fluid body language and the like as well.

..... I'm gonna cry during the Farewell episode. I'm a big baby. </3 But I can't wait for it.

• edited February 2018

Ya done fucked up, Cliff

I guess in his playthrough Kate is as dead as Lawbreakers

• Final Fantasy XV, the Episode Ignis dlc to be exact

What game is that?

• TellTale does not use the Unity engine for any of their games they use an in-house engine which I believe is called The TellTale Engine. Don't worry man I can imagine the emotional rollercoaster that we will go on in this episode. I am ready for this game to break my heart!! LOL :blush: :wink: :heartbreak:

BigBadBatsy posted: »

I'm hoping that the move to Unity can help Telltale reach some of the levels of detail that have been put in to Life is Strange. Every singl

• Also for the people who are worried about why Season 2 is taking so long to make, it is because DontNod is working on another game called Vampyr which is being published by Focus Home Interactive. The game looks majorly different from what we saw in Life is Strange but they have said that choices will impact the story and that we can play through the game without killing any NPCs. I think it is unique and I am looking forward to this game.

• They are upgrading to Unity some time in the next year from the looks of it as there are a few job openings within the company for 'Unity specific' coders and the like. I think they are looking to upgrade/streamline the process a bit more.

TellTale does not use the Unity engine for any of their games they use an in-house engine which I believe is called The TellTale Engine. Don

• I've seen some gameplay videos and looks interesting because it's like a mix between Dishonored and Bloodborne. What's disturbing is that the combat looks choppy and OMG, they didn't learn from their mistakes about the facial animations.

Also for the people who are worried about why Season 2 is taking so long to make, it is because DontNod is working on another game called Va

• I have always loved the Vampire The Masquerade series and this game looks like it might be similar to it. I have a soft spot for vampire games lol

I've seen some gameplay videos and looks interesting because it's like a mix between Dishonored and Bloodborne. What's disturbing is that the combat looks choppy and OMG, they didn't learn from their mistakes about the facial animations.

• MARCH 5 at Noon EST

• BTS Chloe: "What happened to your voice? Dude, you know you sound like someone else."
    S1 Chloe: "Yeah, it was complicated with the strike and then the option of being a consultant."

• Huh.
    Being fair for every region, while still technically sticking to their promise of "March 6". That's nice.

Guess I've got to crack down on Episode 3 so I can start feeling the nostalgia with everyone.

MARCH 5 at Noon EST

• The new voice did a great job.

BTS Chloe: "What happened to your voice? Dude, you know you sound like someone else." S1 Chloe: "Yeah, it was complicated with the strike and then the option of being a consultant."

• I agree, I didn't noticed it was a new voice actress until someone told me.

iFoRias posted: »

The new voice did a great job.

• Farewell launch trailer

• edited March 2018

The worst thing about this episode is not the actual game, it's the fanbase who will be asking for Max and Chloe to come back in the sequel, I'm calling it.

Farewell launch trailer

• edited March 2018

Okay, so I was able to play through "Farewell". Had to update the game first since I couldn't find it anywhere on the menu, but anyways...

Going into an episode with young Max and Chloe, I didn't expect it to literally start off with a BANG! It was funny to see them act so goofy at that age, going on a treasure hunt, having fun together, all the while, taking photo's with William's camera along the way. We also get to explore the one part of the Price house we've never been to. The attic. I missed playing as Max. All that was missing was her rewind power. But she doesn't discover she has that for another five years.

So, it's on the day where William died, and Max is already aware that she and her parents are moving to Seattle. At first, I decided to try and tell Chloe the news, but then we started our little pirate adventure after listening to the message their 8 and 9-year-old selves left for them. P-) I also find out some interesting things while being the same ol nosy Max. Joyce actually used to be a smoker (Never knew that about her), Chloe was already going to Blackwell Academy (What is the age limit they allow for students to attend there again?), and she got into trouble with a student there. Marisa, I think her name was? Oh, and by the way, they both owe plenty of dollars for the swear-jar. :P

The treasure that they managed to find was actually a time capsule. Letters, predictions, invention ideas, even Billy the Squid. There's even pictures of them that dates back to 2001. Oh goodness, they were just so cute at a young age. :D Then again, most kids usually are. And then I was finally given one last chance to break the news to Chloe. I was worried it would ruin the day for them, but I decided that it would better to say something about it right then and there rather than have her find out about it later. So, I chose to tell her. She took it better than I anticipated her to. Mostly because she already knew about it since their parents aren't good with keeping secrets from them. She spent the whole trying to have as much fun as she can with her best friend before they had to say goodbye.

But then, the tragic moment came. Joyce arrived and told her daughter that William just died. :-[ At least Max got to attend his funeral with them before she left with her parents (who, I might add, just made their first physical appearance in the game.) And then, Chloe finds one last message left by Max on the tape player, saying goodbye. It was so sad. :'( I really hoped to see one final cutscene with Max all grown up and arriving at the airport in Oregon to return to Arcadia Bay. Oh well.

I was secretly hoping we would get an opportunity to alter history a little, even though Max doesn't have her rewind yet. By that, I mean that after hearing the tragic news about William, then Max would learn in her old home that she'll be moving to Seattle with her family if her dad gets the job there, since that was the main reason why they're moving. And then we would be given a choice to either secretly destroy her dad's work so he won't be able to get the job at Seattle, therefore, she won't have to move, or let history run its course and let him get that job. But, it was not meant to be.

All things considered, I'm glad that we were given an opportunity to see them together again to be pirates. And it was great to hear Ashly Burch and Hannah Telle reprise their roles as Max and Chloe for one last time.

• Farewell was cute. Didn't go in expecting a whole lot and went out about the same. Writing was better than season 1 still...I'm really gonna miss Deck Nine. But yeah an alright 45 mins.

• edited March 2018

Farewell was ok I knew I shouldn’t have expected much but I felt there should have been a little more but that ending was really well done.

For some reason the spoiler tag won’t work so spoilers beyond this point!

I know Max and Chloe were all crazy about pirates and stuff but I felt we could have explored thier last relationship a little deeper the only part I felt that was good in is when Max told Chloe she was moving. Although Williams death I felt was a really well done scene. Still I know I shouldn’t have expected much after all it’s just a bonus ep just to send of Chloe and Max but I didn’t like it that much.

• The trailer looks good, I don't know what to expect, I didn't play it yet. And I don't have idea of what season 2 is gonna be about, I'll admit that I'm kinda sad that it will have a different cast.

• edited March 2018

I'm gonna be honest,you have to be a really good fan to get through the whole Farewell episode.I guess it's a proper send off for Max and Chloe.And i liked the ending.

• Well yeah i guess but they deserve it considering they won't see Max and Chloe ever again.

The worst thing about this episode is not the actual game, it's the fanbase who will be asking for Max and Chloe to come back in the sequel, I'm calling it.

• Started Episode 3 recently. Can't wait to see how this all ends. I don't even know how, where, or when it'll end... The story and conflict are just so "regular" and "normal", it's like I'm watching everyday events unfold. Not that it's bad, but it's just strange that my viewport into the world will inevitably be closed, even if the world itself will continue on without me...

With the release of Farewell however, there's a small hint to production on LIS2 starting in their blog, and the directors getting back in their chairs to make a new story.

We now look forward to the coming months, when Michel Koch and Raoul Barbet’s team at DONTNOD returns to present the new story and characters of the next Life is Strange. Until then, Farewell!

• The episode Farewell really helps you understand Chloe more so i recommand you play it (or watch it on youtube if you don't have the bonus episode).

AChicken posted: »

Started Episode 3 recently. Can't wait to see how this all ends. I don't even know how, where, or when it'll end... The story and conflict a

• edited March 2018

I've watched Farewell episode and I cannot help but say that is the worst LIS episode since Episode 5.

I'm not saying Chloe and Max were the worst part because they were just normal kids before they grew up and become assholes. It's the fact that the Bonus Episode was nothing but fanservice with just 45 minutes length. Was it really necessary to see how Chloe and Max got separated after William's death? Did anyone even want to see that? And the choice of telling Chloe about Max walking away or not was just a waste of time replaying the episode because Chloe already knew about it. Deck Nine and Dontnod still didn't answer to questions we have been asking since the main game like where the fuck did Max's powers come from. Also, this is a paid DLC? Why couldn't they just make it free if they were just gonna make it last for just 45 minutes? It's shorter than any episodes from TWD A New Frontier.

My opinion sucks, I know.

• Is it bad to say after watching that trailer and hearing ashly burch voice, that I prefer the voice actress who did chloe's voice in before the storm.

• Yeah i think it's disrespectful to her it's like they were "ok cool so the strike is over thanks but we don't like you so we're gonna take the old actress again lol"

MosesARose posted: »

Is it bad to say after watching that trailer and hearing ashly burch voice, that I prefer the voice actress who did chloe's voice in before the storm.

• I think it's okay this was pure fan service and it's a better ending for the fans than episode 3,and i think you just hate the game completely lol i mean Bioware did the citadel dlc which was pure fan service and everyone loved it so fan service can be good sometimes.

I've watched Farewell episode and I cannot help but say that is the worst LIS episode since Episode 5. (Spoiler) My opinion sucks, I know.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.