Detroit: Become Human Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Thanks, I didn't know about those.

It does bring me to one of my gripes with the game. There's quite a bit of content you won't see unless you actively go out of your way to screw up. Letting timers run out, missing prompts on purpose, those sort of things.
    Still, it beats getting Game Over screens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the game could have been a bit more difficult, so failure would have come more naturally.

Cheddarhead posted: »

There are at least a few other after-credits scenes (Spoiler) I think there might be others I can't remember

• I have a feeling I´m posting a bit too much in this thread. Ah well...

Anybody else wish that they'd add a gamemode where you can play only one of the characters and let the game make up random charts for the other two?
    It would add some element of surprise to the story and help with the metagaming when you don't know if you can count on the actions of the other characters, or if their actions are going to screw you over.

• edited June 2018

Detroit Become Human will be letting players who let Chloe go at the end of the game replace her with a new Chloe in the next patch for the game.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/quantic-dream-patches-over-one-of-detroits-most-emotional-moments/

My question about this new Chloe is if she’s going to be talkative like the original Chloe was through out the game or is she going to be mostly quiet like the original Chloe is if you keep her and she reprograms herself. I kept the original Chloe because I didn’t want an empty menu screen and because I liked hearing her talk but keeping her makes her a lot less talkative. If this new replacement Chloe is more talkative then I’ll go delete the file and start over so i can free the original Chloe and still get a replacement who will actually talk on a regular basis. If she’s just going to be mostly quiet like the original reprogrammed Chloe I might as well just keep the original.

• edited June 2018

A little detail I've found out about, in the Fugitives chapter, if you stay out in the rain for too long, Alice will begin to sneeze more and more frequently, until reaching a point where she is too cold and close to passing out, forcing Kara to break into the car thus locking out the other options. This also leads to the usual conversation between Kara and Alice to be skipped.

• It's a nice idea since I like Chloe, but honestly I would prefer it if the freed Chloe returned and acted more as a friend than a tool, but that might go against the spirit of that final decision...

• One of the best games I ever played

• I really enjoyed the decision tree at the end of each chapter. I'd love to see Telltale introduce something like it.

• edited June 2018

Just won a piece of Connor fan art signed by Connor (Bryan Dechart) himself. So cool!

• Wow thats so awesome!

AnimalBoy posted: »

Just won a piece of Connor fan art signed by Connor (Bryan Dechart) himself. So cool!

• That's great. :smiley:
    Which one was it?

• This one. I was speechless when he announced me as the winner.

That's great. Which one was it?

• edited June 2018

Haha, Wow. :D That is awesome. ;)
    Hashtag SaveTheFish

This one. I was speechless when he announced me as the winner.

• Nice one! Congrats!

By the way, give me a heads up if they ever give away art of the girls at the Eden Club. ;)

• Well...the Traci's are played by Connor's real life fiance and she's often on the stream with him.

Onmens posted: »

Nice one! Congrats! By the way, give me a heads up if they ever give away art of the girls at the Eden Club.

• Funny you should say that. There's a video of them streaming to where they reach the Eden club, and during the fight, he actually uttered the words, "sorry, my love." :D

Well...the Traci's are played by Connor's real life fiance and she's often on the stream with him.

• Yeah, I was watching live when they played the Eden Club mission. They play the game every Sunday. "My love" is a term you'll hear often when they're on together.

Funny you should say that. There's a video of them streaming to where they reach the Eden club, and during the fight, he actually uttered the words, "sorry, my love."

• That is so cool! Congratulations I’m so happy for you XD I’ve watching his and Amelia’s twitch play through of the game. You gonna see it tomorrow?

• edited June 2018

Of course! I tune in whenever they're playing or when he's showing fan art. I held my breath when he was announcing the winner and said the first name but took a second to pronounce the winners last name. Lol (I don't have the most common last name to pronounce)

Lilacsbloom posted: »

That is so cool! Congratulations I’m so happy for you XD I’ve watching his and Amelia’s twitch play through of the game. You gonna see it tomorrow?

• So, has anyone gotten the new Chloe yet? I'm kind of curious how the new Chloe speaks socially? For example, Chloe used to welcome me back when I turned the game back on. Now that I kept her and she reprogamed herself she's more impersonal with her comments saying only "Welcome to the Detroit experience." Is this new Chloe like Chloe before she erased her memory or more like the reprogramed Chloe?

• From what I understand, the new Chloe acts exactly like the old Chloe, assuming you let her go. While the free Chloe is still out there living free, New Chloe stands in her place. Much like how a new Connor model replaces his destroyed predecessor.

So, has anyone gotten the new Chloe yet? I'm kind of curious how the new Chloe speaks socially? For example, Chloe used to welcome me back w

• edited June 2018

I'm just trying to find out if it's worth going back for. If the new Chloe is as impersonal as the reprogrammed Chloe then I won't bother. But if she's more personal with her comments like she used to be before the end of the game I might start over.

From what I understand, the new Chloe acts exactly like the old Chloe, assuming you let her go. While the free Chloe is still out there living free, New Chloe stands in her place. Much like how a new Connor model replaces his destroyed predecessor.

• Re: Kara & Hank's opinion of Markus

It's something that's bugged me. Their opinions of Markus never change regardless of what type of person/leader Markus has been.

Kara: In Night of the Soul she tells Markus to save their people. That's okay if Markus has been portrayed as peaceful. But that's something you say to a conquering hero type. Is that really appropriate to say to a Markus that's been violent and has killed countless people? Is the violent Markus really the type of person that Kara wants to represent her and Alice? The type of leader she wants Alice to see?

Hank: In Last Chance, Connor Hank suggests to Connor that they might be on the wrong side and in Battle For Detroit Hank tells Connor (If still android) that he's about to kill a man who wants to be free. Again, these comments sound fine coming from Hank if Markus has been peaceful and has shed little to no blood. But a violent Markus can possibly kill several innocent people (The guards and the fleeing employee at the tower) and dozens and dozens of his coworkers on the police force, including Chris (Black cop that Markus can kill in Capitol Park) who Hank seemed to get along with. Why is Hank still defending Markus in these two situations?

• She's kinda half and half, though I think it might relate to where one is in the game's story. When I said yes she started out normal but quickly looked a little concerned and then asked me if I was sure whether I should continue or not.

So, has anyone gotten the new Chloe yet? I'm kind of curious how the new Chloe speaks socially? For example, Chloe used to welcome me back w

• edited June 2018

Out of all the outfits that Connor, Kara and Markus get to wear throughout the game, which one is your favorites?

For Connor, I'm kinda in between with him in his suit without the tie, and his Jericho infiltration outfit. For Kara, I actually like the jacket she wears after sleeping in the squat with Ralph (plus white hair). And for Markus, at first I liked his Coat disguise outfit when looking for Jericho, but I like his final outfit even more.

• Kara = Zlatko outfit
    Connor = Upgraded outfit
    Markus = Infiltration outfit

(Spoiler)

• edited June 2018

I finished it and woooow what a damn good experience. I manage to get the bare minimum good endings for everybody. (I almost screwed up Kara entirely after screwing up near the end and ending in a route only 8% of people got) Its actually really overwhelming how much there is to experience in the game. I know I'm totally making my next playthrough a speedrun to see how fast I can get everyone killed.

• Does anyone know how to unlock #20 in the gallery?

The Luther - Android. The Detroit wiki says that I have to help Luther in Crossroads, surrender to the cops in Crossroads and then play Battle for Detroit. I did all that and I still didn't get him. Is there something I have to do specifically in Battle for Detroit to get him? Because there's no other details that I can find other than those listed.

• Did you find Luther while you were in the concentration camp?

Does anyone know how to unlock #20 in the gallery? The Luther - Android. The Detroit wiki says that I have to help Luther in Crossroads,

• okay can this thread please just disappear so I don't have to be reminded that I'm too broke to afford this stupid game please thx bye

• Is that what I had to do? The wiki didn't say anything about that. They just listed the list I listed above with no specific detail. I figured once I did the first two requirements and played the final mission that it would be good enough.

Did you find Luther while you were in the concentration camp?

• I think so. I didn't really pay attention to when what unlocked for me in the gallery, but I imagine they unlock as soon as you see them in the game. So you would need to talk to Luther in the camp.

Is that what I had to do? The wiki didn't say anything about that. They just listed the list I listed above with no specific detail. I figured once I did the first two requirements and played the final mission that it would be good enough.

• Thanks for the help.

I think so. I didn't really pay attention to when what unlocked for me in the gallery, but I imagine they unlock as soon as you see them in the game. So you would need to talk to Luther in the camp.

• No problem. Let us know when you unlock him.

Thanks for the help.

• Well, anyways, here's Zero Punctuation's review of the game from a week-and-a-half ago:

• Got him! Now I just need Todd at the bus station, Todd in his suicide outfit and the two Kamskis.

No problem. Let us know when you unlock him.

• edited June 2018

Well, I know that you have to go right when you first arrive at the bus terminal and then he'll show up. That's how you unlock Todd in his snow attire. (I don't know anything about the "suicide outfit".)

As for the two Kamskis, unfortunately, the only way to achieve those is to get Kara, Connor and Markus killed, which also leads to a secret ending with him being interviewed.

Got him! Now I just need Todd at the bus station, Todd in his suicide outfit and the two Kamskis.

• edited June 2018

Bryan Dechart (Connor) finished his playthrough of the game he stars in. And in his android suit no less. Even his fiance, Amelia Rose Blaire (Traci) has her blue hair.

Won't say exactly how, but you done goofed, Connor. You done goofed.

• edited June 2018

You just have to have Hank commit suicide to get the Hank outfit. I figure the best way to kill Kara is just to have her get hit by the cars as opposed to letting Todd or Zlatko kill her and I don’t think I’ve had a playthrough where Markus hasn’t died already anyway.

(Spoiler)

• I’m kind of glad he got them killed. The chat was pretty much holding his hand the whole time so he wouldn’t get anything wrong. I was like the only person in that chat that just wanted to see him make his own choices.

Bryan Dechart (Connor) finished his playthrough of the game he stars in. And in his android suit no less. Even his fiance, Amelia Rose Blaire (Traci) has her blue hair. (Spoiler)

• Oh, I see now what you mean. I saw you written “Todd in his suicide outfit” and I was like, “Wait, Todd only has two outfits. I don’t remember there being anything suicide-related with Todd.” Oddly enough, I got Hank’s suicide outfit unlocked after I finished the game, despite the fact Hank and I were friends until the end.

(Spoiler)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.