Detroit: Become Human Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Did I say Todd? Damn it. I obviously meant Hank.

(Spoiler)

• I made a collage of the three protagonists using SHAREFactory.

(And as a bonus, I also made one without their names on the bottom.)

• I find it funny just how polarizing this game is. Here everyone is singing its praises and talking about how good of a game it is. Meanwhile, there are YouTube videos completely deconstructing the game and talking about how terrible it is, even going so far as saying that it's a menace for society and will give people the wrong idea about civil rights movements. The video comments go along the same path, and of course talk about how terrible David Cage is, even as a person. I'm not saying either side is necessarily right, and I can't form a personal opinion because I haven't played the game yet. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm just curious why this game is so polarizing (and I guess Cage games in general). People either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground. Anybody got any ideas as to why this is?

• Concept art shows that Markus was going to have more than one final costume.

This one is for if he chose the pacifist route. (And the only one to have made it into the final game)

This one is what Markus would've worn if he chose the violent route.

This one, not entirely sure. Neutral maybe?

• That last one seems like a non deviant Markus.

Speaking of Markus, he is a RK 200 model. Connor is a RK 800. So they´re from the same series. Anybody have any theories about that?
    Plus he was a personal gift from Kamski to Carl, which I find interesting.

• edited July 2018

They are both RK series models and are both prototypes. As far as I know, that is where their relations end. Though, oddly enough, this video shows their movements being nearly exactly the same when blowing up Jericho.

Maybe Cyberlife was planning on releasing new RK model series to the public, but depending on the events that occur in Detroit, they may or may not be able to do that. Another difference I also noticed between them is that while both possess martial art skills, Markus relies more on brute strength while Connor relies more on close-quarters combat.

Onmens posted: »

That last one seems like a non deviant Markus. Speaking of Markus, he is a RK 200 model. Connor is a RK 800. So they´re from the same ser

• Hey so is anybody interested in reading a really damn well written story on Detroit Become Human? Because I really enjoyed reading A Ghost by Midnight and it’s probably one of the best ones on the series out there. Originally I wasn’t even into the pairing it involves, yet it was so brilliantly written and so in character and subtle with the emotions at play, it swayed me. Now I’m all excited/nervous for the sequel, especially after that cruel cliffhanger of an ending.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15053882

I really insist you give this story a chance. I cannot recommend this one enough.

• My picture signed by Connor (Bryan Dechart) and Traci (Amelia Rose Blaire) came in today!

• I am so envious of you right now XD that looks so cool.

AnimalBoy posted: »

My picture signed by Connor (Bryan Dechart) and Traci (Amelia Rose Blaire) came in today!

• edited July 2018

Am I the only who thinks that Kara's story felt a bit wasted, because her story wasn't that much connected to Connor's and Markus'? Her main objective was to reach Canada to live a happy life with Alice and Luther and that's it.

• That is awesome, man. You deserved a Connor wink for that.

My picture signed by Connor (Bryan Dechart) and Traci (Amelia Rose Blaire) came in today!

• No, you're not alone. As much as I like it, there is still room for improvement. I think Kara's story could've been played out a little more, if not totally differently. She and Alice could've met Luther in different circumstances (Zlatko can suck it). I did enjoy that carousel moment.

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only who thinks that Kara's story felt a bit wasted, because her story wasn't that much connected to Connor's and Markus'? Her main objective was to reach Canada to live a happy life with Alice and Luther and that's it.

• I’ll take it!

That is awesome, man. You deserved a Connor wink for that.

• So excited to get it! I had no idea that Amelia was going to sign it too. I jokingly wonder if she’d still think I was awesome if she knew I’ve killed her characters in all but one playthrough. ?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I am so envious of you right now XD that looks so cool.

• You killed her? Nuuuu I can’t even bring myself to do bad deeds in this game T.T I just want to leave everybody happy.

....although I did accidentally get North killed by the end, and Luther x_x

So excited to get it! I had no idea that Amelia was going to sign it too. I jokingly wonder if she’d still think I was awesome if she knew I’ve killed her characters in all but one playthrough. ?

• edited July 2018

The Eden Club girls at least managed to stay alive in one of my playthroughs. There’s one person I kill in every single playthrough I do. Markus. I keep Connor android and Comnor’s bound to go after Markus when you do that.

In my canon playthrough everyone stays alive except Todd, the Eden Club girls and Markus.

You killed her? Nuuuu I can’t even bring myself to do bad deeds in this game T.T I just want to leave everybody happy. ....although I did accidentally get North killed by the end, and Luther x_x

• That looks really really cool. I'm jealous! :disappointed:

• Kinda bending the rule here a bit, but technically speaking, this is related to "DETROIT: Become Human". After I posted the video of mixing the trailer song of "HEAVY RAIN" into the Old Warehouse chapter, it gave me the idea of mixing the soundtrack from "DETROIT: Become Human" into the action scenes of "HEAVY RAIN". I did this by turning down the in-game music to zero, and then used SHAREfactory to add in the soundtrack.

Got a whole playlist of it here.

• Did anyone else feel like Connor just wanted to do his job and not become a deviant?

I was pretty devastated with my ending as a whole, I think I got the worse one yet!

• Markus

So throughout my playthrough with Markus' movement, I kept it completely civilized. No blood shed, no violence and even got North to become my lover. However, if you completed the game you know the detriment decision you must make in the end. I for one chose to sacrifice myself, unaware that this guy would set himself on fire!!! causing the riot squad to then open fire on the remaining androids... So my decision to lead their revolution peacefully was irrelevant in the end ._.

• Kara

During Kara's playthrough I stood by Alice's side even after finding out she was an android. I say I was disappointed for the most part, not because she was an android, but because she chose to hide it from me. I personally wouldn't of thought any less of her, but I would've appreciated the bombshell early on. Sadly I chose the "slower but safer" route to take going across the border into Canada with Luther who I managed to keep alive. Only for us to be riddled with bullets courtesy of border patrol. However, me & Alice barley made it across and are currently both "safe".

• Connor

Now with Markus dead, Kara barely safe, my last hope of a somewhat fruitful ending fell into the hands of Connor. Unfortunately, Connor revolting was all part of Amanda's evil scheme to have him lead the remaining androids into another, even deadlier war with humans. Since I rebelled against Amanda's wishes throughout the entire game, my only last resort was to commit suicide, to prevent an all out war...

What an experience. I'll give it another go.

• edited July 2018

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but there was this interactive theater piece late June with Bryan Dechart playing Connor. A livestream was saved of it (Each scene version is pretty short, but the groups who go through get to choose stuff and get different endings?)

Skimmed through, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on in the video (though I haven't played the game yet sorry guys).
    Hope you guys like it!

• Here's an interesting piece of fanart. An artist named Walrusmanart made this picture of Connor and Norman Jayden.

What's ironic is that it was posted on "DeviantART". Wonder whose running that website. Hmmm?

• has anyone noticed the little girl held hostage by Daniel is Alice

Those are some big action figures.

• Not quite. They both look similar, but Emma is not entirely like Alice since Emma's blood is red, which is seen on her wounded knee.

has anyone noticed the little girl held hostage by Daniel is Alice

• that what i mean what if she was the real alice?

(Spoiler)

• I'm sorry, but I didn't really care about Alice.

• Jacksepticeye got to meet Bryan Dechart (Connor, the android sent by Cyberlife).

• We're getting to a point where Detroit MIGHT actually be bigger than either LIS or TWDG were in their prime
    It'll be interesting to see how it impacts those games and Telltale in general the next few years

Jacksepticeye got to meet Bryan Dechart (Connor, the android sent by Cyberlife).

• I saw this and I just had to post it here.

• I love these guys.

• All i can say is: THIS GAME IS PERFECT!

• WE HAVE A DREAM

• Man, I completely understand why so many people have been so excited about this game now. I've been playing it since Saturday for the first time and I absolutely love it!!! I haven't finished it yet so I'm not reading all of these comments here, but I nearly have.

The transitions between the characters and how connor, markus and kara eventually sort of come together is amazingly written. These guys have put so much work in this game which you can tell by the small details, such as their emotions when you don't react on a question or when you do a stupid move/action. I really regret some of my decisions but I don't want to go back and re-do them, I'll save my next playthrough for that hehe.

I realize I should've played this wayyyyyy sooner and I'm probably going to be hooked on this game for a while. I wanna try all the different options and see where they lead to without going to youtube. Hands down one of the best storytelling games I've played in a long time, and I don't say that very often. I'm officially a fanboy. :relieved:

• Now I just gotta get you signed up to the Connor Army and it’s mission accomplished ?

Winters44 posted: »

Man, I completely understand why so many people have been so excited about this game now. I've been playing it since Saturday for the first

• I couldn't play this game sadly, but I finally watched a playthrough and I'm shook. This is perfect. You don't even need to sign me up for Connor Army, I'm already there.

Now I just gotta get you signed up to the Connor Army and it’s mission accomplished ?

• edited August 2018

Hahahaha. Who says I'm not already? :)

To be honest his playthrough with Hank was the best in my opinion. Especially as your relationship with him gets really good (or bad in my case ahem). It's a total different game depending on your choices. I remember I did some actions as Markus later which I didn't do before and it just felt like a completely different game to me. Magnificent.

Now I just gotta get you signed up to the Connor Army and it’s mission accomplished ?

• I thought this was pretty interesting. It's the comparison of the graphics, and how Connor's appearance changed between the demo trailer shown compared to the official release of the game.

Also these Jack complication on Connor gives me life.

• edited October 2018

Bryan Dechart is now going to be playing Tales from the Borderlands.

• Thanks for sharing that! Although I was kinda hoping that he woud play the walking dead or twau

AChicken posted: »

• edited October 2018

Hello my fellow Detroit fans! I’m happy to tell you that yesterday I saw Bryan and Amelia at Comic Con Russia. I don’t live in Moscow and tbh, I wouldn’t even bother to skip school and spent all my savings to fly there if it wasn’t for these two. All my effort was paid off with a great experience. I literally lost my voice because of screaming and my hands were shaking with elation. Of course there was a lot of other awesome stuff in there, I had the time of my life, but I especially thank Bryan and Amelia for making all of us Detroit dweebs happy.

They had a chat with the crowd on the stage where we could ask questions. There were some cringy ones about shipping (thank god the translator just ignored them) but I still enjoyed it. Amelia was being a nice lady as always, shared some information about her upcoming movie (I’m soooo going to watch it) and told the story of her relationship. Bryan was just teasing her and being a real cutie, talked about his childhood and his eagerness during the acting for Detroit. Someone gave him kitty ears to wear and then he awkwardly tripped and fell in the stage :D (this was legit hilarious, especially the noise he made) But you know what’s the best part? THE HOST CHOSE ME TO ASK A QUESTION! So many people in the crowd were fighting for this chance and I was the one to be blessed! I asked them about their dream role: Amelia was interested in complicated characters fighting their own demons, while Bryan wanted to live up to the age of 80 and play some wise old wizard. It feels so amazing when they actually look at you and answer you. My friend stood behind, filming the moment, when the host took her camera and moved it straight up to Decharts for a better view. We were shook!

(I could share a video of me asking a question but I’m too shy :P so here’s their epic entrance instead)

Some guy just got a microphone and started singing Hold On. The whole crowd joined in and Bryan nearly cried. I won’t lie, that was incredibly touching.

After the stage show, Decharts had their first fan photo shoot for the day. Visitors from the previous days complained that it was a disappointing experience, photographers barely gave any time to even look closely at them and everything was rushed. This made me nervous, but apparently the policy was changed and I got my exciting experience. I came up to Decharts, Bryan asked me “how are you?” and I replied “VERY NICE” loudly and nervously, he just chuckled :D After the photo was taken, I thanked them once again for answering my question. I was ready to leave blissfully but then Bryan turns and pulls me into a TIGHT BEAR HUG and Amelia does the same and I’m literally exploding inside because of happiness? I said “bye” and ran away, it all felt like a dream, I never thought I’d be so close to them. I can’t stop replaying that moment in my head. I had a wide goofy smile for the rest of the day.

BRYAN IS OFFICIALLY THE SOFTEST BOI EVER <3 <3 <3

Many people were afraid that Comic Con would be flooded with terrible crazy fangirls but everyone was surprisingly civilized. Me and my friends tried to act chill too, successfully I think.

I’ve seen plenty of Detroit cosplayers, took photos with some of them, but my favorite moment was a sudden Jericho march. These guys rock.

• edited October 2018

I hope you don´t mind that I steal your thunder and post episode 2.

(sorry, I have no clue why I can´t get the video to play from the start)

AChicken posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.