Unsung Heroes--Alternative Protagonists

What are some characters you think are defined enough, interesting enough, enjoyable enough, .etc to have potentially been the lead of the story they were a part of or perhaps even one of their own?
How would putting them in the big role affect the story?
What kind of plots and developments are there that could be had from having them at the wheel?
Where would their unique brand of agency create any notable accords or conflicts in the future they'd put in motion?
Feel free to get as in-depth and imaginative as you can!

Comments

• edited July 2018

I'm going to say Luke. He escaped Carver with a group and managed to do semi-well out in the wilderness with them up until Clem and soon after, Carver showed up. They could make a storyline about Luke first arriving at Howe's and then build up to his escape with the group and finding the house that Clem was almost shot at. Luke was basically deemed "the leader" of the group and seems like he was one of the normal people in the group who kept his emotions in tact while also trying to hold the group together.

• I guess so, seeing best-friend Nick dying as well as Papa Pete pass could lead to potential plot development. Still, imagining him being a leader makes me think it could only work as a Naughty-Dog game, not telltale format. The fun part could be when he gets separated from the group after the Moonstar lodge incident and he needs to somehow get back to his friends. It would be extremely tense and gripping as the group were loaded in a truck and sent away and there are no vehicles lying around, it could allow more open-world gameplay. An idea is that he finds another group of people and he needs to borrow a vehicle from them by convincing them although they say he owes them a favor afterwards. And then with the Jane thing that would be pretty cool I guess. But I've always stood by the idea that Jane should've been the one to die in the frozen lake. After that, he gets into more confrontations with people like Kenny who seem to be accepted as the new leader and he has to adjust to that, but after Kenny's brutality gets the best of him and people don't like him, he needs to step up, as well as protect his only best friend, Clementine, from this abuser whilst she claims he is good, but nostalgia is consuming her. So a Clem or Kenny thing? Now that I think of it, players would probably not like Kenny as they haven't seen him in season 1 and it's hard to see what good of him remains, so they'd go for Clem who is more reliable. So I would say everyone dies and Luke has no choice but to go back to the group from before but his vehicle crashed or something and he needs to get them to trust him again and then it would turn into something more similiar to the Richmond/New World Order setting and the story continues from there. Well, that took me a while. Just some brainstorming.

paxlux posted: »

I'm going to say Luke. He escaped Carver with a group and managed to do semi-well out in the wilderness with them up until Clem and soon aft

• Yeah, Luke definitely gives off the vibe of being a character that would've been the protagonist of Season 2's myth arc under normal circumstances. The fact that Tellltale confirmed that they considered different characters and sub-directions for the game before settling on Clementine helps somewhat.

paxlux posted: »

I'm going to say Luke. He escaped Carver with a group and managed to do semi-well out in the wilderness with them up until Clem and soon aft

• edited July 2018

Still, imagining him being a leader makes me think it could only work as a Naughty-Dog game, not telltale format.

What makes you say that?

An idea is that he finds another group of people and he needs to borrow a vehicle from them by convincing them although they say he owes them a favor afterwards.

That'd be interesting. I know there were people who believed that he'd return with what Campfire Group members didn't go to Howe's with Tavia in tow to rescue his group. Which would've been a neat twist, I suppose.
    400 Days overglorified perception notwithstanding.

But I've always stood by the idea that Jane should've been the one to die in the frozen lake.

It would've been a pretty shaggy, yet likely better fitting death for her.

After that, he gets into more confrontations with people like Kenny who seem to be accepted as the new leader and he has to adjust to that, but after Kenny's brutality gets the best of him and people don't like him, he needs to step up, as well as protect his only best friend, Clementine, from this abuser whilst she claims he is good, but nostalgia is consuming her.

Yeah, I would've liked something like that.

Ghetsis posted: »

I guess so, seeing best-friend Nick dying as well as Papa Pete pass could lead to potential plot development. Still, imagining him being a l

• Kenny, I just would love to see a DLC when telltale explains what things he did between season 1 and 2 , how he met sarita etc

• Well, admittedly, you'd kinda have to play as him, considering he kept Sarita in the dark about much of his past.

Kenny, I just would love to see a DLC when telltale explains what things he did between season 1 and 2 , how he met sarita etc

• Ngl that would be pretty depressing.

Kenny, I just would love to see a DLC when telltale explains what things he did between season 1 and 2 , how he met sarita etc

• edited July 2018

maybe a story for Lily showing what happened to her after episode 3? cause i think that would be pretty cool if she doesnt make it to the final season.

• That'd be piteously neat. With how you responded to her shooting Carley/Doug affecting the beginning and/or length.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

maybe a story for Lily showing what happened to her after episode 3? cause i think that would be pretty cool if she doesnt make it to the final season.

• Why?....

Ghetsis posted: »

Ngl that would be pretty depressing.

• Play as Shel, trying to keep Becca's psychotic side from taking over.

• Bittipy Bump-Buckle!

When I created this thread, I'm pretty sure it was originally conceptualized with Kate in mind. Given her status as presumably the least ingrained within the Garcia Family from a relationship and seemingly race perspective, as well as her complex somewhat unorthodox characterization, I think it would've been interesting to play a game/story from her perspective.
    Plus, there's her complicated relationships with them, namely Gabe, that could be explored and played around with.

• I definetly think Luke, Molly and Lily could be intresting to play as.

With Luke, we could go back to how they ended up at Carvers, maybe get a bit more insight on how everyone met and how the actual escape plan all came together to lead them to the cabin. We also have the gaps in season 2 where he was looking for help after everyone was captured and his rescue mission.

Molly was cool but we only got her for one episode so there's so much more we could explore with her. We know she had a sister and that she fought hard to keep her safe. We could explore that and see how she came up with scavenging methods (I'm sure it wouldn't have been plain sailing from the start afterall.) or even just see what happened to her after she left.

With Lily, there's a big blank space from when we left her on the side of the road / she stole the RV right up until her role in Delta. Perhaps if she stole the RV, she'd feel a bit more remorseful (at least at first) whereas if she was left on the side of the road, she'd feel a bit more bitter and obviously take longer to get to wherever she ended up.

• Molly is definitely a character I think would be better off showing up in a separate context from the main Telltale stuff.

I definetly think Luke, Molly and Lily could be intresting to play as. With Luke, we could go back to how they ended up at Carvers, maybe

Sign in to comment in this discussion.