Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Its pretty interesting how much they are building up news as if it were an episode. I'm expecting a great deal of it in that case. Very excited to learn more tomorrow though!

• So I kind of inadvertently just watched ClemyCloo finish Captain Spirit (he's livestreaming it right now.) I just checked in to see what he's doing, but I stayed and saw the ending to it. I haven't played the demo yet so I was pretty surprised at it. He's got powers... surprise, surprise.

...Given that I saw the ending, I then looked at the Teaser. Ooh, looks interesting. The kid goes rogue and uses his powers for evil or something? Eh, sounds and looks interesting from that.
    I'm interested in the news we'll get tomorrow...

• edited August 2018

I'm waiting for the reveal, if the game looks good, I'm pre- ordering it. No way I'm wasting $40 on something we don't know atleast anything about.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2018

We're actually unsure if it's Chris himself has the powers, or if it was one of the two neighbor boys at the end.

AChicken posted: »

So I kind of inadvertently just watched ClemyCloo finish Captain Spirit (he's livestreaming it right now.) I just checked in to see what he'

• well first of all thanks for watching me stream, and secondly i apologize your first experience with the game was me playing it very poorly and making jokes on the game's quality. i looked it up after i finished and apparently there is a TON of stuff i missed. i'll probably stream it again at some point and get everything i missed because now i feel kinda bad for judging the game based off of my own mistakes.

AChicken posted: »

So I kind of inadvertently just watched ClemyCloo finish Captain Spirit (he's livestreaming it right now.) I just checked in to see what he'

• edited August 2018

A little concerned about the lack of characters and the traveling angle. Also for something they hyped up a 1 min teaser just isn't enough, but it looks like they'll be showing a lot more this and next week. Alright. I'm intrigued. You got me dontnod now don't lose me.

• The premise is interesting, but the trailer itself is pretty bad.

• Eh, looks kinda boring..

• It reminds me of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (hopefully it won't end like it).
    Intrigued by what they will do with the road trip angle, hopefully we'll be visiting a variety of locations besides forests during Sean and Daniel's journey to Mexico. Also interested to see how much Sean's decisions/lessons will actually impact Daniel and what consequences there will be. I wonder if he's the one with the actual power and as Sean we have to keep him in check?
    The thing I'm more worried about is character relationships. Seeing as this is a road trip that will be spanning multiple locations across 5 episodes, it seems unlikely there'll be any long lasting relationships, unless other characters join up with them.

Visuals seem like a decent step up from the first.

• I was hoping we’d keep playing as Chris?

• Looks interesting. So the two guys at the end of Captain Spirit are our characters. I wonder if they'll pass through Arcadia Bay on their journey? Imagine them walking down the street and randomly passing Max.

• Another screenshot, from Eurogamer. Apparently the girl here is called Lyla.

Seems to be the same place as in this one, in Seattle (at Sean's house I'm guessing, probably from the start of the episode).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-20-life-is-strange-2-is-a-roadtrip-story-starring-two-young-brothers

• Reminds me of...two brothers...

(in all seriousness, although I've never been interested in Life Is Strange, the trailer looked kind of interesting I guess).

MichaelBP posted: »

It reminds me of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (hopefully it won't end like it). Intrigued by what they will do with the road trip angle, ho

• Life is Cringe is back xD

• it's clearly david and javi.

• You know, I'm gonna be real honest for a moment here, I had thought that the sequel would be another school-drama related story since the preorder mentioned we can customize our backpack.

But, this looks like it would be cool. Two brothers on the run, going on a road trip to Mexico and making choices about how far you're willing to go to protect your brother and make it to your destination. I also knew those two boys would be in the sequel. Though, if they're going on a road trip, how will Chris be involved in this? I mean, it's not like he can just leave his dad and go with them. I'd also really like to learn more about the new power.

• edited August 2018

Saw the 20 min gameplay vid and I'm feeling much better after that brief underwhelming trailer. I mean I got qualms but they are very much just minor nitpicks.

• ...Uncle Javi?

• Heads up guys. Some new gameplay has been revealed but I wouldn't recommend watching it. It shows a big spoiler that I wish I didn't see. I did like it but the ending showed too much.

What I did like was seeing what Sean is like as a character. He reminds me a lot of Max, being awkward and what not. Thankfully he has a bit more personality. My biggest issue with Max was that I often found her rather bland and boring. All in all I'm excited to see where this goes. :)

• The first 20 minutes for those who want to watch, please keep any spoilers from it in a spoiler tag, you may give spoiler free impressions without the tag.

• I think the gameplay is pretty good. Maybe things do escalate pretty quickly, but I thinks its better this way.
    I am not going to spoil story details, just talk about some gameplay mechanics. I like the way relationships are working out between two brothers. Since its the main focus of this season its very important that they are showing them in realistic way.
    Some choices I find very interesting, like adding money to the swear jar or taking from it (or avoid doing anything with it). I think most of the players will make a choice they will regret later on (I know I would have, if I went into the story blind). So if you are already interested in playing, I suggest you dont watch the gameplay. Its best to go into the game blind.
    I think the genre of the story works perfectly for episodic system, I hope we get to meet a lot of interesting characters along the way and that setting will be changing each episode.
    Things are looking up, I am glad that though the second season is drastically different from the first season (in terms of different story, characters, etc.) the developers still seem to develop a decent game. At least thats how it looks now.

• edited August 2018

The plot looks interesting enough... but the acting really isn't that great so it kind of kills the mood for me. Hopefully they smooth things over before release.

(first 20 minutes spoilers)

I do think that it is an interesting premise to start the story but the conflict with the bully and the events leading up to the police officer shooting the dad feels so forced.

• edited August 2018

I have watched the gameplay and I agree. From my perspective, the scene felt weird and rushed.

Veeeee posted: »

The plot looks interesting enough... but the acting really isn't that great so it kind of kills the mood for me. Hopefully they smooth things over before release. (first 20 minutes spoilers) (Spoiler)

• edited August 2018

Acting has been rushed since the first LIS, the only good one was Chloe's despite my hate on her. Ashly Burch did the best job.

Veeeee posted: »

The plot looks interesting enough... but the acting really isn't that great so it kind of kills the mood for me. Hopefully they smooth things over before release. (first 20 minutes spoilers) (Spoiler)

• edited August 2018

Woah, people really wanted to try the game out.

And an observation from the first photo:

It seems they cut out scenes from the gameplay video, since there wasn't a scene with Daniel in the living room.

And they did previously release one screenshot of Sean and Lyla sitting outside his house.

• hawt dawg man has some great legs

Woah, people really wanted to try the game out. https://twitter.com/RoxaneDomalain/status/1032297638698381313 And an observation from the first photo: (Spoiler)

• I love this and am perfectly okay with it. :)

Fans are pretty quick to start making fanart. Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VideoGames_ART/status/1032614000117407744 Source: h

• That he does :^) Still waiting for a spin-off with the real best character in the series. Best character in gaming even.

sarahsenpai posted: »

hawt dawg man has some great legs

• I mean, he technically got a spin off in Captain Spirit, kind of.

That he does :^) Still waiting for a spin-off with the real best character in the series. Best character in gaming even.

• Yeah, you do have a point there. Would still pay for a full-blown Hawt Dawg Man adventure game though.

dojo32161 posted: »

I mean, he technically got a spin off in Captain Spirit, kind of.

• The voice acting is not that great tbh. That fight with the cop felt a bit awkward.

• edited August 2018

Hey, I know this reply is really late, but I figured I'd clear stuff up.

It was totally fine. Even if this was my first experience with Spirit, it was still enjoyable to watch. Maybe you weren't invested into it as much as you'd like for others' enjoyment, but I was fine with it. You weren't completely harsh on it, in fact you seemed to want to enjoy it and pointed out how "despite what I'm saying about this game, it's still better than Life is Strange. They tried harder with this one." (or something along those lines).

Point is I didn't care. I was watching to enjoy the game for myself, and to see what your impressions were, and you spun them into an enjoyable commentary, regardless of good/bad comments and avoidance of tasks. You didn't ruin it for me. (plus if you were negative the whole time, that'd give me another reason to be entertained: Watch a man descend into madness because of a game he dislikes.) ;)

well first of all thanks for watching me stream, and secondly i apologize your first experience with the game was me playing it very poorly

• The way Sean fathet says Mexico gets me every time lol it sounds so awful the way he pronaunce it but overall i like everything

• Don’t know if many know this or if it is old news, but in LiS Episode 1 if you don’t take the selfi in class the fiesta time, Mark will repeat asking someone to answer the question, but no one will

• arent they a kinda small studio tho? i can forgive things like that for more indie devs.

The voice acting is not that great tbh. That fight with the cop felt a bit awkward.

• edited September 2018

They have square supporting them. They are at least in the same league of telltale if not more with some of their bigger budget releases (Vampyr, Remember me). No excuse for shoddy voice acting. Even though imo its a'ight.

sarahsenpai posted: »

arent they a kinda small studio tho? i can forgive things like that for more indie devs.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.