Can my computer run story mode?

Can my computer run the game? I have MacBook Air early 2015 but when I play the original game, it drains my battery very fast, occasional stuttering, and got really hot. I want to play season 2 but can I run it?

Comments

• I have no idea but I don't think so.

• (If you don't understand tech specs at all, you can skip to the conclusion at the end of this post.)
    From what you said, I'm assuming you're using the 13-inch MacBook Air (early 2015)? If that's correct, then your computer base specs should be as follows:

• 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache
    • 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 RAM
    • Integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000 w/System Shared Video RAM
    • 128GB PCIe-based flash storage

I hope I've got this correct, but you didn't exactly describe your model. Either way, it should be fine, since there will only be the slightest difference between the different 2015 models.
    In comparison, here are the minimum system requirements for Minecraft: Story Mode:

• CPU: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
    • RAM: 3 GB
    • VIDEO CARD: ATI or NVIDIA card w/512 MB Video RAM or equivalent
    • FREE DISK SPACE: 3 GB

From the looks of things, you meet all the minimum system requirements besides your Processor (CPU) which drops 0.4GHz below. But I personally played the game on medium settings with a 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, so it stands to reason that you should be able to as well.
    Now Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 is a slightly different story (no pun intended). Telltale significantly upped the graphics quality from the previous game, and as such it requires more from your system. The minimum system requirements are as follows:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent
    • RAM: 3 GB
    • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GTS 450+ with 1024MB+ VRAM (excluding GT) or equivalent
    • FREE DISK SPACE: 10 GB

Now, this is asking a little bit more of your system. Once again, you meet all the minimum system requirements except for the Processor (CPU) which falls 0.8GHz short of the target. This is a much more significant margin than Minecraft: Story Mode's minimum requirement, but, again, I played the game on very low settings on the same computer as before. But I would not recommend trying to play the game on your laptop quite yet. My CPU is an Intel Core i5 4200U Processor, which is probably not the same as yours even though they have the same specs.
    Additionally, concerning the minimum required Video RAM, I'm not sure how much the Intel HD Graphics 6000 can take from the system shared RAM, though I assume it's maximum is 1024MB which would be just what you need, don't quote me on that.

In conclusion, you should be able to play Minecraft: Story Mode, but you do fall below the minimum system requirements, so I can't guarantee quality or performance. As for Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2, you might be able to play it, but I wouldn't recommend it until I knew your exact Processor (CPU) and Graphics/Video Card (GPU).

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!
    Frostclaw

• edited November 2018

The answer is yes. You can play on a macbook air, but it won't be as good as it should be, you can run into some major lags, but as long as you use low settings, it should be fine. I use a mac even older, and it works.
    My Specs:
    MacOS Mojave
    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Intel HD Graphics 5000 (1536 MB)
    13-inch, Mid 2013

Sign in to comment in this discussion.