We’re back! and what’s up with all the changes?

NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

Greetings everyone,

Before I begin, I encourage you all to take a moment, if you haven’t already, to read our announcement at https://www.telltale.com/press-release/ and https://www.telltale.com/were-back-but-there-are-changes/

Let me introduce myself, if anyone here comes from the olden days of MMO’s you may have seen my name before - although, that was long ago so I doubt it. ;) These days I am an engineer, and it’s been my job to keep the lights on and I’ve enjoyed it very much.

As you may have noticed, a lot has suddenly changed around here! And many of you have noticed for quite some time little changes, odd things, “strange behavior”, some features even working again. Some of these were intended, some not - I apologize for all the “nots”.

While my job isn’t to be social, or even leave my cave, I do read the forums often and your opinions do matter - it’s always been a pulse I could check to make sure those lights weren’t starting to flicker.

With the recent changes there may be some issues that went unnoticed. Please take a moment to use the support button and let us know, we have a small team monitoring the support channel and we welcome feedback, bug reports, etc.

One thing I wanted to let everyone know, some categories on this forum had to be archived and made read-only as we cannot continue to support those sections of the forums. I am very sorry for the inconvenience but it could not be avoided. There are also minor layout/style issues on the forums that will be adjusted over the coming days.

And with that, welcome to a new day and a new beginning for Telltale.

Comments

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified
    edited August 2019

Actually, for now since the layout isn't working as we expected on the forums I am going to leave the old layout on the forums but don't worry, the new one is coming soon :)

• Thanks for that! Now most of the complaints I had are gone now that you brought the old UI! Pleasure to meet ya!

Nikolah posted: »

Actually, for now since the layout isn't working as we expected on the forums I am going to leave the old layout on the forums but don't worry, the new one is coming soon

Great to finally officially meet you too! :) I will make an effort to communicate when changes to the forums are coming so you're not all surprised anymore. ;)

Ghetsis posted: »

Thanks for that! Now most of the complaints I had are gone now that you brought the old UI! Pleasure to meet ya!

• Good to see you boys back in action. With the right direction -- Telltale came become better than ever.

• tfw new mod has a Bigby avatar going... could it mean...

...he's back?

• If I read correctly, they have the rights to The Wolf Among Us, Puzzle Agent and Batman.

Their press release also said they're intent is "developing new games in some of the company’s best-selling brands."

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw new mod has a Bigby avatar going... could it mean... ...he's back?

• This is incredible, fantastic news. Thank you guys so much.

• I feel sketched out and happy at the same time about this.

• edited August 2019

For real. Cautiously optimistic, but still really glad Telltale's given a second chance here.

Good luck to you, new guys. I'm hopeful something good can come out of this.

mn9dude posted: »

I feel sketched out and happy at the same time about this.

• Didn’t get to see the new layout! Did anyone? What did it look like?

Also thank you for keeping the forums alive!!

• It was basically this same page, but the buttons were more blue. (it was also probably meant more for mobile devices because when I saw it on my desktop, the page was all thin, didn't take up all the space on the browser)

Didn’t get to see the new layout! Did anyone? What did it look like? Also thank you for keeping the forums alive!!

As a heads up the only part of the forum layout that was supposed to change was the header and footer. But this server had other ideas for us today! As you all know it’s a very stubborn server. ;)

AChicken posted: »

It was basically this same page, but the buttons were more blue. (it was also probably meant more for mobile devices because when I saw it on my desktop, the page was all thin, didn't take up all the space on the browser)

• Thanks for keeping the forums alive guys.

• Hey man, just a petty suggestion.

On the games/front page, the icons for the games are supper low res and blurry and they look unprofessional. Specifically, batman 1/2, hector, and puzzle agent 2. It looks like a high res asset was used for TWAU and PA1 but not the rest.

I know it's petty, but it should probs be changed to leave a better impression of Telltale 2.0

Thank you for keeping our lights on by the way

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve confirmed there is a bug report on it. I think we are waiting on new assets to be created and approved. Stay tuned!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Hey man, just a petty suggestion. On the games/front page, the icons for the games are supper low res and blurry and they look unprofessi

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2019

Given the circumstances, I'm not sure if we're allowed to move those threads over. But, unless staff say otherwise, I don't see the harm in you guys making new iterations of those threads.

Worst case scenario, if the threads are eventually allowed to be moved over and/or reopened, we can just merge them.

MintBlue92 posted: »

If some of those sections cannot be supported, can you guys at least move some of the more popular topics from those sections out and into a

• We should just make new megathreads/discussions in here, if the mods don't mind. Hopefully it won't clutter the General Chat too much. I know there is increased activity on this site as of late but there auren't that many new threads being made.

MintBlue92 posted: »

If some of those sections cannot be supported, can you guys at least move some of the more popular topics from those sections out and into a

• Glad to see Telltale back, was sad to see them go. Be great to play some more games, the plots were always great

• Just saw you changed it. Thanks. You're the man.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve confirmed there is a bug report on it. I think we are waiting on new assets to be created and approved. Stay tuned!

That would be our wonderful web designer, not me!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Just saw you changed it. Thanks. You're the man.

• Hey, i don't know if I can give feedback here, but can some of you please build a more easy way to send pictures on this website. Because now if you want to share pictures, you have to upload it to another website, then copy that link and put it into the image URL here. Would love to have an option that let's you upload pictures immediately from your drive :)

That would be our wonderful web designer, not me!

• If I'm right, directly uploading images and whatnot onto the forum would take up server space, so it's better to just have the forum link to other image hosting websites like Imgur.

Hey, i don't know if I can give feedback here, but can some of you please build a more easy way to send pictures on this website. Because no

• edited August 2019

Im kinda scared that telltale back from the dead let's hope they don't turn into walkers and eat us but we give the new telltale owners a chance to make some thing from the old telltale legacy you giving me hope that one day we see tales from the borderlands 2 that was a classic all so are you guys gonna use the telltale tool or a brand new game engine

• They confirmed that they'll be using Unity going forward, like Telltale was going to do before.

donmike84 posted: »

Im kinda scared that telltale back from the dead let's hope they don't turn into walkers and eat us but we give the new telltale owners a ch

• It’d be really cool for convinience’s sake to push the inactive forums down if possible!

• Thank fucking god for that. Telltale Tool should have been ditched a long time ago.

lupinb0y posted: »

They confirmed that they'll be using Unity going forward, like Telltale was going to do before.

• It's time for Puzzle Agent and Hector to rise once again!

It’d be really cool for convinience’s sake to push the inactive forums down if possible!

• MintBlue92 posted: »

• I feel a super-duper-mega thread for all Walking Dead topics would be a bit disorganized, in my own personal opinion.

However, I'd be cool with those threads being individually recreated here in General Chat as long as Telltale 2.0 staff don't have any issues with hosting a smaller handful of Telltale Walking Dead discussions in general chat.

These ones could also be added if a MegaThread is created? https://community.telltale.com/discussion/111440/self-captured-screenshots-of-

• True, now that I think of it, it would be quite messy. I retract my question, but thank you for the response :smile:

I feel a super-duper-mega thread for all Walking Dead topics would be a bit disorganized, in my own personal opinion. However, I'd be coo

• Bring back Sam & Max if you can. That series is what started your company. Don't forget where you started from.

• so out of my curiosity what games have the new telltale bosses worked on before there takeover of telltale

• Mobile games. Duck dynasty, a power rangers game, and I remember something about a toys to life game.

donmike84 posted: »

so out of my curiosity what games have the new telltale bosses worked on before there takeover of telltale

• will you guys make puzzle agent 1 and 2 and hector remastered on the PS4/Xbox one please

• Do I still to get to download all of my previously purchased games from the old Telltale? I know you guys have only retained the rights to Batman and Wolf Among Us but I bought a butt ton of games from your first iteration and was hoping I could continue to play them.

• Same. I'm hoping they bring back downloading of episodes from older games. And downloading the games in general!

Do I still to get to download all of my previously purchased games from the old Telltale? I know you guys have only retained the rights to B

• Wanted to drop in and say hi, as well as welcome you to the Forums. While I was hesitant at the start, I am willing to give Telltale 2.0 a chance, I am sure you will create amazing things!

I have a couple of questions regarding the new CEO, Jamie Ottilie. Has he expressed how he feels to be at the helm of such a beloved brand like Telltale Games? What vision does he have for the Telltale Games brand for the future? Sorry for any hassle I caused with these questions, just wanted to get a bit of extra insight about the main man himself :smile:

• In case you don't get a reply.

What vision does he have for the Telltale Games brand for the future?

In interviews he's done so far, he's talked about wanting to start small by getting previous games back on stores, work on their in-house tech before getting to the one game that'll be announced soon and keep the team small for the foreseeable future. They don't expect to go over 50 employees for the next three or so years if I'm right. They also want to work on making sequels to some of their catalogue.

Wanted to drop in and say hi, as well as welcome you to the Forums. While I was hesitant at the start, I am willing to give Telltale 2.0 a c

• Yeah I wasn't too hopeful on a reply, I was a bit direct. I like the sound of his plans for the future, I saw the video interview with Mike Futter, and he did seem quite pleased and somewhat excited for what Telltale hold for the future

lupinb0y posted: »

In case you don't get a reply. What vision does he have for the Telltale Games brand for the future? In interviews he's done s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.