Wolf 2 Lead Writers Will Be Streaming Season One Tomorrow.

edited July 2020 in General Chat

Tweets and Links under spoiler tabs

5:30 PM PST - 8:30 PM EST

We can't wait for this! @AverageSiege will be playing The Wolf Among Us along with special guests @dennis_lenart and @ItsMeNickHerman from the dev team. Tune in on Friday at 5:30pm PDT for a one-way trip to Fabletown.

The stream is for diabetes research, I'm sure if you donate $1 with a message they'll respond to ANY fan questions. Hey the stream will probably be dead anyway so they'll probably be reading chat. Can someone try and clip the stream?

Comments

• Had no idea this was going on, this is rad as hell.

Real talk, but the JDRF is a fantastic organization that does legit work. In addition to research, they offer a lot of educational programs and services to diabetic children; my mom, who’s been a diabetic since she was 8, is just one person they’ve helped.

I would definitely ask you guys consider donating a couple dollars, especially if you’re a Wolf fan. Just think: the more people donate, the higher the chance the AdHoc guys will see your message and may answer your Wolf 2 questions.

• If I don't hear the devs say even one "These lips are sealed." as a response to a question, I will be sad and go into a state of eternal sadness and self questioning...

DEVS USE THE REFERENCE PLEASE UWU

• Really dont go expecting any Season 2 Q and A. They wont talk about it. At most we will probably hear what its like working with New Telltale just in general which I am curious about. (Also Telltale did say they were doing a diabetes research donation type thing too, unsure if thats directly related. If it is its good to see that they seem to be very connected with each other in planning.)

So dont really expect any Season 2 stuff, but Im sure theyd be happy to answer some original Wolf 1 questions. Maybe they'll even check out some of our epic memes if you donate and ask for them to check them out lmao

• It might be worth asking them about cut content. Would love to hear them talk about the original idea for season 1 and what they mean about it being a comedy.

Poogers555 posted: »

Really dont go expecting any Season 2 Q and A. They wont talk about it. At most we will probably hear what its like working with New Telltal

• Donating after hearing this man, thanks for sharing your experience

booper posted: »

Had no idea this was going on, this is rad as hell. Real talk, but the JDRF is a fantastic organization that does legit work. In addition

• edited July 2020

So for people who want to know what we did kinda learn about Wolf 2.

They are currently working on how to make action more dynamic and add more agency. Nick also said he doesnt really like QTE action later on, so we will probably see a departure from QTEs.

Licensed songs seem like they have a good shot of appearing. Apparently Wolf 1 was going to have licensed songs and the lead writer often makes soundtracks that fit the world while writing, in this case 80s music. They said they didnt want to share any of those songs on his playlist simply because it may happen in Season 2, so thats the most "official" news we got. Licensed music may appear.

They dodge the storyline about Branagin with no real reason for why they didnt explain the original idea. This is much more conspiracy theory but its possible the avoiding of the question was because they do plan to use that storyline. - but this part like I said is more theorized.

Lastly at one point Nick was working on a pet project of a Telltale fighting game.

(also a Tales ep 5 Banang easter egg was revealed by Nick and then found)

• hey dodge the storyline about Branagin with no real reason for why they didnt explain the original idea. This is much more conspiracy theory but its possible the avoiding of the question was because they do plan to use that storyline. - but this part like I said is more theorized.

Bill Willingham also refused to talk about it when he was asked point blank. Conspiracy theory, but I really do believe all the rumors about him having "creative differences" with Telltale and making them axe that storyline have some truth to them. Although Nick and Dennis definitely remembered Brannigan, and they acknowledged that the game is light on interactions with the Mundy world because the dev team moved away from that angle, so that could be a hint that they're going to try to reintroduce it in season 2.

So for people who want to know what we did kinda learn about Wolf 2. They are currently working on how to make action more dynamic and ad

• edited July 2020

Nick was working on a pet project of a Telltale fighting game.

That's wild. I imagine it was going to be a fighting game version of Poker Night but with a bunch of Telltale characters duking it out. Fight Night at the Inventory, I wish that happened.

So for people who want to know what we did kinda learn about Wolf 2. They are currently working on how to make action more dynamic and ad

• Well it didnt seem to really have anything behind it as it was really just Nick making it. He said he was prototyping a Sam and Max one character fighter but said the issue was the Telltale Tool just wasnt going to work. He did say he thinks it would have if they were using Unreal, so maybe one day if New Telltale can get all the licenses and the trust of the rest of the industry.

lupinb0y posted: »

Nick was working on a pet project of a Telltale fighting game. That's wild. I imagine it was going to be a fighting game version of

• the issue was the Telltale Tool

Well it didnt seem to really have anything behind it as it was really just Nick making it. He said he was prototyping a Sam and Max one char

• edited July 2020

The JDRF stream is continuing this Friday, and it looks like Adam Harrington might be the guest star for this week’s episode.

• It is good to hear Nick and the team are being inventive and coming up with new approaches for the game. We all know it at this point, but it really sounds like that the original Telltale Tool severely limited what the developers could do.

• where can i find the stream?

• where can i find the stream?

• They've been streaming TWD S1 it's still there if you want to see it they also had some devs like Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman with them also Harrison Pink game designer and writer (helped write EP3)

• I’ll be on the same stream tomorrow Mundies (5:30pm PST) along with my WAU VO director Julian Kwasneski, and Jared Emerson Johnson (who scored our amazing soundtrack) Please spread the word and join us for a great cause... or I’ll huff... and I’ll puff... you know the rest.
    -The Sheriff

• Indeed Mundies... I’ll be there (along with longtime TT voice director Julian Kwasneski (who has ALL the dirt from those historic VO sessions WAU/WD/all the way back to Sam & Max) and Jared Emerson Johnson (who scored virtually all the TT soundtracks). Join us! Or else ;)
    -The Sheriff

The JDRF stream is continuing this Friday, and it looks like Adam Harrington might be the guest star for this week’s episode. https://twi

• Glad you're doing this man! Thanks for finding the time!

And to the forum people: Guys I can't write a summary for this one, someone else has to do it. :(

I actually had a question: Did you record any new dialogue for the Season 2 trailer? Did you have to go to a VA session to do that one line?

Indeed Mundies... I’ll be there (along with longtime TT voice director Julian Kwasneski (who has ALL the dirt from those historic VO session

• And to the forum people: Guys I can't write a summary for this one, someone else has to do it.

Got you covered, fam 👍

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Glad you're doing this man! Thanks for finding the time! And to the forum people: Guys I can't write a summary for this one, someone else

• Based forum member

And to the forum people: Guys I can't write a summary for this one, someone else has to do it. Got you covered, fam 👍

• Adam Harrington walking into the studio to say one single word for the reveal trailer

• Hey Mister Harrington. Glad to see you here. I hope you remain healthy, happy and safe. I look forward to hear you as Bigby again!

Indeed Mundies... I’ll be there (along with longtime TT voice director Julian Kwasneski (who has ALL the dirt from those historic VO session

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Stream is starting now

• This Stream is pretty interesting so far- learning a lot of interesting original version stuff. Apparently we originally played as Bigby and Cindy which some of us already kinda figured out but...

Today I learned Mr. Toad was playable... could you imagine...

I could.

• edited July 2020

Summary of facts from LCG/ Telltale Marketing Person in Chat

EbethO: Telltale Marketing/PR here. I'm sorry I don't have permission to reveal any TWAU 2 news (yet), but wanted to thank you all for your support of the game, these talents, the Humble Summer Adventure Bundle and the JDRF.

EbethO: I wish we could. We are still a skeleton crew and working on getting rights back/extended on lots of stuff.
    EbethO: But I will most definitely take that feedback to the team, as I agree.
    (re more activity on forums and twitter, monkey island rights acquisition not being announced)

EbethO: I promise you we are all working hard

EbethO: I will take both of those suggestions back to the team. I just wanted to pop in to thank you all for your
    support and this great fundraising effort. Have a wonderful night!

Glad they're working on getting rights for MULTIPLE games. Big news.

• Watching this stream I am a bit worried theres going to be some recasting. I kinda figured this was going to be the case though as Wolf had a good amount of VO actors who never really did anything else other than Wolf and seemingly have moved on from doing voice over work, like Jack, Holly, and Flycatcher. Maybe they will manage to get them back but watching the stream it seems all the people who dont really have any credits other than Wolf kinda just stopped doing VO and went on to do other things. Which does kinda suck but its understanble if it leads to a recast, and its not like they were major characters but still- Im always kind of a stickler of "always get the same voice actor back" but in situations like these its ok.

(also it seems they haven't begun any VO work yet for Wolf. Very theory based but a few times Adam said something that kind of implied he really wants to get back in the booth and hasnt actually done any vo yet twice in the Stream. Not confirmed so dont read too into it.)

• Yeah I think the two examples they gave were:

Holly: A Mom who wanted to get into VO
    Flycatcher: Moved on to producing the documentary.

I'm sure at least Flycatcher's VO will return, then again who knows how many characters from Season One will be appearing again? Some of them just don't really have a place in the future of the story.

Watching this stream I am a bit worried theres going to be some recasting. I kinda figured this was going to be the case though as Wolf had

• edited July 2020

So here's what we learned, and I'm probably missing some deets but I'll go back and rewatch the stream once it's archived. Feel free to chime in with anything I missed or need corrected @Poogers555

• The original version of TWAU was about Bigby, Cinderella and Mr. Toad on a globetrotting adventure. It was going to be an old school style adventure game ala Day of the Tentacle and would have primarily been a mystery/thriller/comedy. Magic mushrooms would have been a key plot point.
    • edit: Adam Harrington voiced Beast in this original build, who had a surfer accent. He also voiced the Crooked Man at one point in development.
    • Jared Emerson Johnson and Julian Kwasneski still have files of the voicework and music done for the original version game, but they're not sure if they're allowed to share it as it's technically owned by Telltale (Jaime and the new guys), BUT one of them (Jared, I think?) said he'd check to see if he's allowed to release it. This could be absolutely huge if he managed to get the go-ahead.
    • Bigby's line in the Game Awards trailer ("Always") was actual new material recorded by Adam just for the trailer. He apparently did about 20 takes before he got it right.
    • Holly's voice actress was a mother who had apparently never voice acted before.
    • Kelsey Brannigan's voice actress only had one session with Telltale for her character. Apparently, she still asks when Brannigan is going to come back from time to time.
    • The Game Award trailer's music will probably make it to the Wolf 2 soundtrack once that goes digital.
  • Holly's voice actress was a mother who had apparently never voice acted before.

She did a pretty good job for it being her first role!

Kelsey Brannigan's voice actress only had one session with Telltale for her character. Apparently, she still asks when Brannigan is going to come back from time to time.

I hope they bring her back for the second game. Must kinda suck to have originally been a major character only for the role to get cut down to under five minutes.

So here's what we learned, and I'm probably missing some deets but I'll go back and rewatch the stream once it's archived. Feel free to chim

• As long as they don’t recast most of the main cast, I’ll be fine if some of the more minor and background characters get recasted. Obviously Adam and Erin are returning, Melissa and Dave would probably come back for Beauty and Bluebeard, Gavin I think would be likely for Beast, mainly since these are pretty classic Telltale VA’s. We’ll just have to wait and see, but I feel confident with these guys at least.

Watching this stream I am a bit worried theres going to be some recasting. I kinda figured this was going to be the case though as Wolf had

• Why am I laughing so much at the fact they did 20 takes just to say one word for a minute long trailer?

So here's what we learned, and I'm probably missing some deets but I'll go back and rewatch the stream once it's archived. Feel free to chim

• I would say the regular Telltale crew will come back without a doubt, like I said it seems those 3 characters have a pretty strange relationship with voice acting and now arnt doing it anymore after only having 1 or 2 roles. I still think Troy Baker is 100% going to appear and Anthony Ingruber I also feel is highly likely going to be in Season 2 as well. Either as new characters or possibly taking over for Fly or Jack.

As long as they don’t recast most of the main cast, I’ll be fine if some of the more minor and background characters get recasted. Obviously

• That seems right for me just that it was Julian who has all the voice lines from the ages.

Also just to add onto some fun facts about the original version - Adam was originally Beast as well and he was doing a surfer voice. Adam was also going to be the Crooked Man for a while.

Wolf honestly has the most bonkers development in terms of story. Unlike TFTBL where it was constantly being rewritten over and over but overall sticking true to the original idea, Wolf has so many completely different plots and overall game design then I think any other Telltale game while still using the same characters from the very start. Like I think we all thought a "comedy Wolf Among Us game" was a weird thing to hear, and then later finding out we played as Cindy. But I never would have imagined at one point it was a story going around the world that you play as Bigby, Cindy, and the legend Mr Toad himself in a plot about magic mushrooms. I honestly want to see as much of that build as possible now.

• I know, right? I'm really hoping Jared and Julian will pull through and we can get some of those lines/music. This would be a huge boon for the cut content community.

That seems right for me just that it was Julian who has all the voice lines from the ages. Also just to add onto some fun facts about the

• Also rewatching the stream and I came to the part about Brannigan. This is what Julian had to say about her:

We definitely recorded a lot (for Brannigan) and it was fantastic, she (Cissy Jones) did an awesome job. And she always asks me "What's up with Kelsey?" and I refer her to Nick (Herman), Pierre (Shorette) and Dennis (Lenart)."

Conspiracy theory time: I really think she's going to be in season 2. Julian's answer was interesting on its own, but Dennis and Nick were really evasive when it came to talking about her in the last stream in a way that made it seem like they were still interested in using her.

• edited July 2020

I still think Troy Baker is 100% going to appear and Anthony Ingruber I also feel is highly likely going to be in Season 2 as well.

Did they hint about bringing them in at some point?

I would say the regular Telltale crew will come back without a doubt, like I said it seems those 3 characters have a pretty strange relation

• So, how did it go?

• Can someone refresh me on who this Brannigan character is again?

It's been a few years since I've played Wolf. This name doesn't ring any bells.

Also rewatching the stream and I came to the part about Brannigan. This is what Julian had to say about her: We definitely recorded a

• No, Im just theorizing Troy and Anthony will be part of the cast. Im mostly thinking Troy will 100% be in it simply because it seems he had a great relationship with Telltale and more importantly has an incredible relationship with Nick, Dennis, and Pierre, so I would imagine he would join the project in an instant if they asked for him. Pretty much any video I've seen of Troy talking about Telltale he brings up those guys and how much he loved working with them. Anthony I feel is also being eye'd for a possible role as what little Telltale has been doing on Twitter, they've interacted with him the most out of Telltale associated people.

lupinb0y posted: »

I still think Troy Baker is 100% going to appear and Anthony Ingruber I also feel is highly likely going to be in Season 2 as well. Did they hint about bringing them in at some point?

• She's the detective that interrogates Bigby at the start of episode 2, but she along with the rest of the precinct were knocked out by Crane with magic.

AChicken posted: »

Can someone refresh me on who this Brannigan character is again? It's been a few years since I've played Wolf. This name doesn't ring any bells.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.