We’re back! and what’s up with all the changes?

Comments

• I wonder if new telltale games will support Google gaming service Google stadia

• I don't see why they couldn't, I think their games would be a perfect fit for Stadia, and it opens up a new platform with potential new players to give Telltale games a try.

donmike84 posted: »

I wonder if new telltale games will support Google gaming service Google stadia

• For the staff who di not get a severence package, i still feel sorry for them that they got screwed over by the former directors.

Hopefully we will see more games from them. Will be happy to pay for them

• Is there any news regarding 7 Days to Die Cosole update? Us console players have been abandoned 😥

Nikolah posted: »

Actually, for now since the layout isn't working as we expected on the forums I am going to leave the old layout on the forums but don't worry, the new one is coming soon

• They may be on a hiatus.

Is there any news regarding 7 Days to Die Cosole update? Us console players have been abandoned 😥

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You are more likely to get news from the 7 days to die forum, at this time it looks like all updates stopped as soon as the old Telltale ceased trading with no new news for any future updates.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?86-7-Days-to-Die-Console

Is there any news regarding 7 Days to Die Cosole update? Us console players have been abandoned 😥

• The Fun Pimps released an announcement yesterday confirming that they have reobtained the rights to the console port to 7 Days To Die. Here's the link to the announcement: https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

• edited October 2019

The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console, so we licensed the console publishing rights to Telltale Games who hired Iron Galaxy who have done the ports with minimal TFP assistance.

We all had a great thing going…a full Alpha 16 port was in the works, that is, until Telltale’s insolvency broke the cadence of builds, hurt our sales, reputation and created this unfortunate situation. Instead of investing in a new update, TFP spent a very large sum of money regaining the rights back in an auction, in addition to ongoing legal and auditing fees…

Now that we are the console publisher, as an operational business and out of obligation to our investors and our hard working team (who need to provide for their families too) we have to evaluate the expense and risk of porting any future versions of the game to consoles relative to the income it could generate. Full console ports cost into the millions of dollars, not to mention the restrictions the platform holders have on not breaking saved games which would be inevitable given our current framework and the technical challenges associated with porting a resource intensive game like 7 Days to consoles.

With Sony and Microsoft, no matter how small, any update has to go through a rigorous testing/submission process.

As you can see, this is not an easy problem to solve. We are exploring all options that would eventually deliver a new version of 7 Days to consoles but this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.

Please understand: Telltale going under has put the console version of 7 Days in this situation. TFP are just trying to lookout for the future of our company and the game we care about…

Damn, Telltale... This is why they needed some better financial structure. This bankruptcy really went far and wide in terms of its effect on themselves and their partners.

The Fun Pimps released an announcement yesterday confirming that they have reobtained the rights to the console port to 7 Days To Die. Here's the link to the announcement: https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

• Thanks for quoting the announcement, I forgot to do that :joy: :smile: I am glad that this whole situation was resolved, there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the console port since Telltale's initial closure.
    At one point, it seemed that The Fun Pimps completely lost control of the console port, as when Telltale's assets were being auctioned, an anonymous buyer obtained the rights to 7 Days To Die, so when that news broke out, people from the community saw that as the final nail in the coffin for the console port.

AChicken posted: »

The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console, so we

• edited October 2019

Yeah, I was certainly worried about how this game would survive on consoles (or how the devs of their other Publishing titles would fare, too).

But, it seems that Beam Team Games (of Stranded Deep that Telltale never released) are currently working on getting the console port out on their own, after getting the rights and paperwork done (hopefully soon).

And I don't know why, but RGX Showdown (the meh-looking racer TTG Published), is currently on sale for PS4. The last time it had a sale was juuust before Telltale went totally under last year. So, maybe those devs (ShortRound Games) are doing ok? At least someone who owns the license requested it going on sale.

Thanks for quoting the announcement, I forgot to do that I am glad that this whole situation was resolved, there was a lot of uncertainty

• So is this guy ever going to show up again?

• edited October 2019

His account was last active October 23, so it's not like he (or anyone else part of New Telltale) have abandoned this site.

They'll be back...

booper posted: »

So is this guy ever going to show up again?

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

Me? I am always around, but I am not running the community - I just read occasionally taking the pulse to make sure everything is still alive. ;)

So is this guy ever going to show up again?

• edited October 2019

Is there anything you can tell us about the current state of affairs, or when we're likely to hear new news?

Me? I am always around, but I am not running the community - I just read occasionally taking the pulse to make sure everything is still alive.

• I'm from the future, TWAU S2 will be revealed at the VGA's!

Is there anything you can tell us about the current state of affairs, or when we're likely to hear new news?

• Requesting a Game Franchise from a TV Series is still available?

Actually, for now since the layout isn't working as we expected on the forums I am going to leave the old layout on the forums but don't worry, the new one is coming soon

• There's a Previous Thread about "What Series you'd like to see on Telltale Games?"

That thread is a long time ago, And I can't see it on the recent discussions.

earvinexes posted: »

Requesting a Game Franchise from a TV Series is still available?

• edited December 2019

I believe you're referring to This Discussion.

earvinexes posted: »

There's a Previous Thread about "What Series you'd like to see on Telltale Games?" That thread is a long time ago, And I can't see it on the recent discussions.

• is there anyone that currently works for ttg here today? or at all for that matter

• Yes, the Telltale brand has been revived, @Nikolah (sorry for the tag) is an employee for New Telltale

Ethan2150 posted: »

is there anyone that currently works for ttg here today? or at all for that matter

• uh no, video games make themselves.

Ethan2150 posted: »

is there anyone that currently works for ttg here today? or at all for that matter

• HOLY BATSHIT, IT WORKED! WE GOT TWAU!

I'm from the future, TWAU S2 will be revealed at the VGA's!

• I want minecraft story mode, at least i need to download chapters. I paid for that game two weeks ago and now i can't download it. Thats deceptionant.

• Telltale doesn't own the publishing rights to Minecraft anymore.

RoberproGP posted: »

I want minecraft story mode, at least i need to download chapters. I paid for that game two weeks ago and now i can't download it. Thats deceptionant.

• I get that by seeing Telltale's logo on the cover, that you make the connection between both Minecraft Story Mode and Telltale, which is fair enough, a reasonable conclusion to come to, but Telltale no longer hold the rights to Minecraft Story Mode, I think Mojang does though? But they aren't really being deceptive when the physical version of the game predates the revival of New Telltale Games, so while the name is associated with the game (I'm a poet just in case you didn't know it), New Telltale aren't actually tied to it, therefore, they aren't exactly liable for a game they don't own the rights to that predates their existence as a new iteration of a previously established company that did hold the rights.

I am sorry that you are down money because of purchasing a game that was taken offline due to Old Telltale's closure, but that isn't on New Telltale, they are basically a different developer that happens to share a name of the developer that did hold the rights to the game when they were active

RoberproGP posted: »

I want minecraft story mode, at least i need to download chapters. I paid for that game two weeks ago and now i can't download it. Thats deceptionant.

• coming soon
    posted in August 2019

Hmm... 🤔

• edited September 2020

Still wondering about this. It was activated for one day, then poof, never seen again.

Maybe there's an even newer version that'll be released when promotion ramps up for Wolf 2.

Also haha classic Telltale move

Pipas posted: »

coming soon posted in August 2019 Hmm... 🤔

• Classic Telltale as usual

Still wondering about this. It was activated for one day, then poof, never seen again. Maybe there's an even newer version that'll be released when promotion ramps up for Wolf 2. Also haha classic Telltale move

• Yeah, I was expecting them to drop it with the Wolf 2 reveal...

ᵃˡˢᵒ ᶦᶠ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵃᵈᵈᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵘᵐˢ ᵗᵃᵇ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᶦⁿ ᵖᵃᵍᵉ ᵈᵘʳᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵘᵐˢ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵉ ˢᵒ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵃˡᵃˢ

Still wondering about this. It was activated for one day, then poof, never seen again. Maybe there's an even newer version that'll be released when promotion ramps up for Wolf 2. Also haha classic Telltale move

• Will the game of thrones be coming back?

• No.

Will the game of thrones be coming back?

• No.

There was going to be a second season a few years back, but it was sadly canceled. After Telltale shut down, they lost the IPs to GoT and many other IPS.

Will the game of thrones be coming back?

• S2 was never really cancelled honestly,there were "rumors" of it happening but i think that was bullshit

No. There was going to be a second season a few years back, but it was sadly canceled. After Telltale shut down, they lost the IPs to GoT and many other IPS.

• If I remember correctly, Telltale did announce Season 2 a few days after Season 1 ended. Then they were completely quiet about it, no updates whatsoever after. HBO doesn't give a shit about it so Telltale's GOT is 100% dead. I doubt it's still considered canon to the tv show cause it was left on cliffhanger.

iFoRias posted: »

S2 was never really cancelled honestly,there were "rumors" of it happening but i think that was bullshit

• There was also a Telltale Staff's Linkedin that said "Game of Thrones 2" - Canceled, years ago now. So it existed in some form, but it probably got almost no where and was only getting story pitches for it before it was shutdown before it really got on its own legs.

AronDracula posted: »

If I remember correctly, Telltale did announce Season 2 a few days after Season 1 ended. Then they were completely quiet about it, no update

• edited September 2020

GoT ;(

(tho tbh who would want a s2 with how the show universe ends :neutral:)

• I am glad that telltale is back with full speed

• Maybe not full speed :sweat_smile:

Let’s not do that again!

JoKer500 posted: »

I am glad that telltale is back with full speed

• bring back Law and Order - Legacies it hasn't worked

• Good to have you back! I only noticed a few days ago, when I suddenly fancied playing the old Tales of Monkey Island again.

I hope you will produce more games along the lines of that and Sam&Max, Hector, Back to the Future, that sort of stuff. Didn't really like Minecraft and The Wolf as they are basically just little films where you make a few choices. Classic point and click adventure with lots of humour and/or relatable characters for me, thanks. :-)

But anyway - I'm glad you're back!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.