The Walking Dead Season 5 or Batman Season 3

edited October 2020 in General Chat

Hey there everyone!

Uhmm.. For who doesn't know, I'm a BIG FAN OF TWDG but many people are fans of Batman...

And the question is:
"Should Telltale Start thinking about TWD S5 or Batman S3?"

Comments

• The Walking Dead has kinda lost its lustre for me. If there's ever a continuation in Telltale's style, I'd much prefer a change in protagonist and a change in location.

Batman Season 3 alllll the way. They masterfully executed Season 2, so if we can get the writers back on for the third entry, oooh it would be fantastic.

• edited October 2020

Well... if they changed the protagonist "Clementine" in TWD, then it will Really loose it's lustre

Did you know that Telltale lost it just for paying Warner Bros. And DC for having a new Batman Series. I played both Seasons of Batman but TWD (in my opinion) is still the BEST

Any way we just hope they release both..

AChicken posted: »

The Walking Dead has kinda lost its lustre for me. If there's ever a continuation in Telltale's style, I'd much prefer a change in protagoni

• Batman. Please leave the TWDG story alone forever. Please.

• TWD is dead and buried as it should be,i imagine they will start working on a Batman S3 after Wolf 2,or a new IP.

• Well it seems tomorrow we find out what's going on with Clementine, really not looking forward to it.

My guess is it will be a comic, but what is even the point? Cant really set it after the events of Final Season because it would either have to avoid all determinant things or choose a set canon which defeats the purpose. They could do a prequel but again, kinda pointless. I just wish they'd leave it alone. Telltale's The Walking Dead had a bumpy ride from start to end and it could have ended on a really sour note. Instead it ended decently, why risk screwing with it again?

• What is the point of Season 5? The Walking Dead in general lost its touch ever since 2016. The Final Season had terrible sales despite being better than A New Frontier.

• Batman S3. Less expectation, less to take into account, less bullshit all around.

• I love The Walking Dead, but just let it rest, it had a Good Ending, no need in tarnishing that. As much as I appreciate the attention it got from Telltale, it was a double-edged sword. The Wolf Among Us, an absolute masterpiece was overlooked for years (I know Telltale had other licensed games lined up, but still would have been great to have The Wolf Among Us receive its sequel a couple of years after its First Season.

Batman I feel had a Good Ending too, and I don't think there'll be another Season, but honestly if I had to pick between which I'd want, I will pick Batman, I just feel The Walking Dead should be left alone

• edited October 2020

Tomorrow? How do you know? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious where you got "tomorrow" from.

I 100% agree with there being no point to a comic, and I share the same feelings in leaving the Series alone, I feel The Walking Dead Community is extremely entitled, like it's a miracle the Series was saved yet they continue to demand more, it's just childish behaviour from them and it's rather irritating to see because there's just a lack for any other Skybound project.

Personally I think Kirkman is taking the piss again because I'm sure he knows how gullible the crowd is, I mean, people bought the whole "A Fatal Frontier" thing and took it as raw confirmation, despite it being a blatant piece of fabricated nonsense, I can see him releasing some merchandise based on Clementine, because that'd just be funny, just top-notch shithousery from Kirkman.

Sorry for rambling, to make a rather long comment short, I agree with you, let the Series be

Poogers555 posted: »

Well it seems tomorrow we find out what's going on with Clementine, really not looking forward to it. My guess is it will be a comic, but

• Kirkman said something along the lines of "maybe we will see something Clementine related Sunday..." there is some kind of Skybound/Walking Dead event happening tomorrow where they are probably going to reveal this Clem thing.

And I dont think Kirkman was purposely trying to trick people or anything as I dont recall a time he ever purposely mislead people by hinting things that never ended up happening. Biggest troll thing he ever did was the fake issue covers to hide the fact issue 193 was the final comic but other than that all his hints have lead to something.

Tomorrow? How do you know? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious where you got "tomorrow" from. I 100% agree with there being no

• I don't think he mentioned revealing something this Sunday, in the NYCC Virtual Panel he didn't mention that when the question was asked.

There is a Skybound Halloween Xpo on October 30th where if he had something to announce, it seems to be the place to announce it.

Judging Kirkman, I still think it's a joke, like I recall him saying something along the lines of "Negan Lives" being a joke, but then the pandemic hit and he did Negan Lives! to support comic retailers, but I don't think it was on the cards until he saw retailers struggling to cope. He may end up releasing something Clementine related but I'm fairly confident it isn't a game (for obvious reasons) or a comic (more obvious reasons, as you said, player choice and all), all he really mentioned is something in the works involving Clementine and the masses assume it's a game or a comic, but it may very well be something small like merchandise

Kirkman said something along the lines of "maybe we will see something Clementine related Sunday..." there is some kind of Skybound/Walking

• You may be right about Sunday, not sure where I saw that and I went looking again and cant really seem to find it, but for some reason I really remembered Sunday.

Here's the tweet where he talks about it.

I don't think he mentioned revealing something this Sunday, in the NYCC Virtual Panel he didn't mention that when the question was asked.

• Cheers lad, I already watched the panel, but thanks for the link :smile:

Yeah if there's an announcement coming, it'll be on October 30th most likely

You may be right about Sunday, not sure where I saw that and I went looking again and cant really seem to find it, but for some reason I rea

• I would much prefer Batman Season 3; I'm kind of done with TWD games. Let it die.

• I'm gonna go with the majority and say Batman. We already had enough TWD games, and the last one was named "Final" for a reason. Leave TWD alone.

• Batman is more likely because they did get its rights back, it won't be just for extra styles of batman games lol.

• What about featuring Clementine as an easter egg in Batman S3 🤔

• The newest Batman villain--My Darlin Clementine

What about featuring Clementine as an easter egg in Batman S3 🤔

• XD XD XD :D

DabigRG posted: »

The newest Batman villain--My Darlin Clementine

• Batman Season Three...

Leave TWDG alone, it's story came to a conclusion.

• What if Telltale made both?

Batman Season Three... Leave TWDG alone, it's story came to a conclusion.

• Maybe they should make a TV series for TWDG, and Batman S3 as a game...

• None

What if Telltale made both?

• At the same time in the same game, and Clementine could be the new Robin!

Telltale needs to make silly games again someday. It's been too long.

What if Telltale made both?

• Yeah really!

WarpSpeed posted: »

At the same time in the same game, and Clementine could be the new Robin! Telltale needs to make silly games again someday. It's been too long.

• Well, looks like I was right in the end! There's a comic associated with Clementine coming.

Meanwhile, people don't mention Batman a lot like before, which is a sign that Telltale might be busy on something else. Or maybe just chilling and re-releasing the old games. :)

I also meant to say: Why is the Telltale Community so dead like that? :/

• can't wait for the walking dead final season 2

• I also meant to say: Why is the Telltale Community so dead like that? :/

Oh I dunno. Maybe because there haven't been any news or updates on The Wolf Among Us Season 2 ever since it was revealed at Game Awards. What is there to talk about?

Well, looks like I was right in the end! There's a comic associated with Clementine coming. Meanwhile, people don't mention Batman a lot

Sign in to comment in this discussion.