The Wolf Among Us 2 Release Date TBA at The Game Awards

edited December 2020 in General Chat

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k1mjuj/the_wolf_among_us_2_release_date_to_be_announced/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It's Possible but remember that this is from r/leaks so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit : New Leak https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k847ht/the_wolf_among_us_2_teaser_trailer/

OP deleted his account just like the last leak,says there will be a TWAU2 teaser trailer and a small developer update video about a minute in length. And a 2021 Winter Release Date.
2 Years After the first game,5 episodes (all out),and Snow White will be playable in certain sections.

And Here's a screenshot https://i.imgur.com/jrPkooQ.png

Again take this with a grain of salt.

Comments

• This is coming from the same subreddit that claimed on multiple occasions various "leaks" regarding TFTB Redux that all proved to be fake.

I'm having a saltwater bath, is what I'm doing with this "news".

• Highly doubt it, but looks like the "Telltale leaks!" are back. I really thought after that TWD S5 that was going to be the end of it.

(I mean lets be honest, the only one of these Telltale leaks that came true from that sub was only the reveal date being at the Game Awards, what came with it wasn't real. And a good amount of us were all predicting The Game Awards since August 2019)

Also in general that does not sound like a VGA type video they would show just in general. I mean hell they literally just started looking for an Art Director last month and now they are going to show a video like that? lol

Would really love if VGA have some kind of Wolf update but realistically I don't think there will be.

• why is this one dude who keeps posting fake ass leaks so obsessed with r/GamingLeaksAndRumors???

Honestly, a complete lightweight. Dude should be using 4chan or literally any other website/subreddit.

• The real mystery here is how the heck is this one blowing up more on that sub when Redux and the original "leak" last year had "actual footage" and this is just "wolf 2 at game awards trust me" and everyone is like "I trust you 100% surely this time it will be real!"

• edited November 2020

So Telltale actually tweeted about "getting questions they cant answer yet" for no reason which is really odd and somehow may actually give this some kind of support. Usually they'd just ignore it as tweeting something like that after some rumor going around saying news will happen in like 2 weeks is not something a company would say if nothing is actually happening, as it plays into the leaks and gives people expectations. It would be a bit silly to play into it them and acknowledge it if you know nothing is happening.

Big brain: Telltale made the Reddit post

• That'd be funny if the one leak that has the least amount of "proof" and fanfare ends up being true unlike the previous ones.

Poogers555 posted: »

So Telltale actually tweeted about "getting questions they cant answer yet" for no reason which is really odd and somehow may actually give

• I mean it isnt impossible for Wolf 2 to be there but I really dont think that reddit post is real. There aint no way they have done enough development to actually give a release date. Old Telltale had games in pre-production for almost a year before they released just episode 1 and then usually about another year to release all episodes, and we know they are finishing all episodes first, so the very end of 2021 is absolute earliest. Considering Telltale + AdHoc is no where close to how big of a team Telltale had back then I really dont see how they could actually step out and give a release date at this point in time as it looks like 2022 is going to be the year it releases.

If we are really lucky we get a teaser trailer that is a bit more in-depth than last time which would probably just show off what Bigby and Snow's new designs are if anything. No way we are actually going to see a story trailer with a release date this soon.

lupinb0y posted: »

That'd be funny if the one leak that has the least amount of "proof" and fanfare ends up being true unlike the previous ones.

• quality post: but i still stand by 2021 wolf 2 being impossible or near impossible

I mean it isnt impossible for Wolf 2 to be there but I really dont think that reddit post is real. There aint no way they have done enough d

• edited November 2020

There aint no way they have done enough development to actually give a release date.
    of 2021 is absolute earliest
    it looks like 2022 is going to be the year it releases.

I get that we're going off of old timeframes, but why do you think it'll be that much further out till launch?
    I was expecting maybe mid-2021 as the earliest we could expect it. Even with the smaller team, I feel like the main obstacle with Old Telltale was the Telltale Tool itself. We've heard how hard and difficult it's been to work with compared to other engines.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic then.
    What the "questions" they've been getting could be related to TFTB instead! That would also be something they're withholding answers to, and we definitely know someone's messing with the Steam files...

So this might just be (most likely) something Borderlands related instead of Wolf. I do agree that the turnaround for their game would have been rather quick, given they started like 12 months ago.
    Question is, whether they're gonna reveal those answers at the Game Awards or later down the pipeline.

I mean it isnt impossible for Wolf 2 to be there but I really dont think that reddit post is real. There aint no way they have done enough d

• Well it seems AdHoc hopped on board around September. Not many people are working at Telltale right now and AdHoc is even smaller. We know they want to evolve the game so it is more advanced than a typical Telltale game. (From that stream they did back in the Summer, it seems Wolf 2 isnt going to have QTEs and they were prototyping or at least conceptualizing on how to make action more engaging.)

Think of a game like Firewatch. Small team pretty similar to what we have now with AdHoc and Telltale but a bit smaller. Firewatch took around 2 1/2 years to make. Firewatch seems pretty grand but at its core its extremely simple, but it still took a good chunk of time to make it. Considering it seems Telltale and AdHoc want to take Wolf 1 and truly evolve on the formula, I would imagine its going to take at least 2 1/2 years as well. (Considering they are also starting from scratch as well)

And I do think whatever is happening with TFTBL does have a good chance of showing up at the VGAs. Not really sure why Telltale would tweet something like that when really we are the only ones talking about it but I do think TFTBL has a decent shot of being there, assuming its Telltale and not Gearbox.

All this said, I dont think another Wolf 2 teaser is 100% impossible at the VGAs. I just dont think it is all that likely for them to basically show another 30 second teaser. Who knows, I would be down for a quick teaser just showing off Bigby's new look. (as I would assume at this point they would probably at least have that.)

AChicken posted: »

There aint no way they have done enough development to actually give a release date. of 2021 is absolute earliest it looks like 2022

• edited November 2020

Not really sure why Telltale would tweet something like that when really we are the only ones talking about it

Well, they're probably talking to the crazy fans who saw the "leak" on reddit about Wolf 2.

Dunno why they think asking Telltale directly will get them a response, but at least there's people outside of here still hyped for Telltale stuff!

I just dont think it is all that likely for them to basically show another 30 second teaser.

Whether it's 30 seconds or not, I'm all for more Wolf 2 promo. Or any Telltale promo to that effect.

Still feel like Telltale's demise was widely publicised and their return was not. Still seeing people talk about Telltale on the internet and some still think they're dead.

Well it seems AdHoc hopped on board around September. Not many people are working at Telltale right now and AdHoc is even smaller. We know t

• edited November 2020

Man all of this just be bumming me out. I don't want a firewatch...I want a telltale game. The longer the better if that's what is being expected. I was just thinking working off ideas of what TFS did to improve interactivity, and I know I'm the only person bummed by it but I really hope they don't ditch QTEs. Don't want this to suddenly become a dontnod game.

Well it seems AdHoc hopped on board around September. Not many people are working at Telltale right now and AdHoc is even smaller. We know t

• Well I dont mean the game is going to literally be Firewatch, just comparing similar team sizes with similar genre of game. I mean it is important to note that Wolf 2 in the long run is probably going to have a bigger team and a higher budget simply because it isnt an indie game and has a more solid backing. I'm assuming Wolf 2 will probably play overall pretty similar to TFS but probably with more elements of a "video game" than TFS or a Dontnod game.

And I don't think QTEs are going to be thrown out entirely. They'll probably still remain in cutscenes and then transition to however they plan to handle action.

I really wouldnt get too bummed or really form an opinion until you see what they show, because right now we can only really guess what direction they'll take the game.

Man all of this just be bumming me out. I don't want a firewatch...I want a telltale game. The longer the better if that's what is being exp

• The flair on the actual reddit post just makes it worst.

• edited November 2020

LOL I just saw someone in the comments of this reddit thread ask "what's going on with the Tales From The Borderlands Redux leaks?" OMG, obviously nothing and they were fake this entire time... (Now, something similar to that might be happening now, but it has nothing to do with the supposed "leak" of a few months ago.

If you could see me right now, I'm face-palming so hard.

• The guy got one lucky guess with Wolf 2 showing up at the Game Awards but was wrong about literally everything else but they still treat him like some messiah of Telltale leakage.

LOL I just saw someone in the comments of this reddit thread ask "what's going on with the Tales From The Borderlands Redux leaks?" OMG, obv

• Another leak https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k847ht/the_wolf_among_us_2_teaser_trailer/

OP deleted his account just like the last leak,says there will be a TWAU2 teaser trailer and a small developer update video about a minute in length. And a 2021 Winter Release Date.
    2 Years After the first game,5 episodes (all out),and Snow White will be playable in certain sections.

And..Here's a screenshot https://i.imgur.com/jrPkooQ.png

Don't know how much of all this is legit but there it is.

• Dunno about the validity of this, I can recollect reading a synopsis for The Wolf Among Us: Season Two, about how it would take place a few months after the first game, sure "a few months" isn't a specified timeframe, but you'd more commonly associate that description within a single year, but they may have changed their minds, not like it was a locked in thing.

I'd like to believe the Winter 2021 part because it just fits with Snow, not a great reason but I feel it'd be cool.

But I think this rumour here's bogus

iFoRias posted: »

Another leak https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k847ht/the_wolf_among_us_2_teaser_trailer/ OP deleted his account ju

• That Bigby's S1 model for sure. Doubt this is real unless they are reusing models from a 7 year old game lol.

Another leak https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/k847ht/the_wolf_among_us_2_teaser_trailer/ OP deleted his account ju

• edited February 2022

Im just gonna copy and paste what I said in the other thread and put it under a spoiler tag cuz its long

I'm actually a bit intrigued by this. I mean let's be real its probs fake (but honestly at this point I think I'm just so burned out from the Telltale leaks watch this actually be real and no one believes it lol)

But the reason I am actually kinda curious about it is the lighting. In my experience making the SFM gameplay concepts, I could never get the lighting and shading to look anything like the actual game's. But this post def got lighting correct. Also the Wolf models have issues with their heavy blackout lines where they don't look like how they should compared to the source material (and it is a lot more complicated than just editing the texture.) Now for better 3D engines it probably can be done, but I am fairly certain a lot of the Wolf models you can transfer into them suffer similar issues to the SFM models (like the black outlines not working correctly.)

If it faked, it is most likely a screengrab from a scene that happens in game and then edited. So I guess if someone wanted to go and scrub through Season 1 and see if they find the scene where this happens it can be confirmed fake. Or just wait like 3 more days lol

(also also, the original reveal did use the season 1 models even though 90% of the trailer was new assets, so there is that I guess?)

Season 2 official:

"leak":

Yes I just made a long ass post about a 100% fake leak. Damnit, gamers.

Probs fake as usual but I want it to be real because Patrick Warburton lmao

• Most likely fake, but playable Snow isn't out of the realm of possibility to be something that could happen, especially since she's in charge at the end, would add an interesting political dynamic.

• edited December 2020

Its a good screenshot for an amateur replicating the lighting ngl. I could some validity in this but not in everything...mainly just all the episodes will be out and it'll be out in late 2021.

• Personally not too sure how I feel if Snow White ends up being playable. I feel for detective stories it is best to really only have one perspective, so in this case Bigby. This way the player and Bigby are always on the same page as each other. Having 2 perspectives can lead to situations where the player knows things the character they are currently playing as doesn't know yet which I feel isn't the best direction to take Wolf. (Also I feel Snow's role in Wolf is pretty important dynamically as a lot of players consider what Snow may think of your choice, and that kinda goes away if you can also play as Snow and make the choices for her as well.)

dojo32161 posted: »

Most likely fake, but playable Snow isn't out of the realm of possibility to be something that could happen, especially since she's in charge at the end, would add an interesting political dynamic.

• edited December 2020

I'm not believing any of this. If it happens, it happens, but so far no leak has been accurate enough that I'd think "yeah, this person knows what they're talking about. They've got juicy inside info."

We know it's gonna have all of episodes come out at once.
    We know we're probably a year out from the release, at least.
    And we're all hoping that there's some kind of update or trailer from Telltale at the TGAs, as there usually is.

I'm not convinced by a bunch of common knowledge "leaks" and a single out-of-context screenshot that looks like it could be fake. (And why choose a daytime picture?)

Dunno about the validity of this, I can recollect reading a synopsis for The Wolf Among Us: Season Two, about how it would take place a few

• They're not even trying. That's just the episode 5 key art on the left lmaooo

• edited December 2020

Haha they got foiled again.

Back to normal now, as it should be.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They're not even trying. That's just the episode 5 key art on the left lmaooo

• True words lad, great comment.

I think it could just be people seeing the reception the stuff from last year received and want that form of attention, or having the satisfaction in being the lighter that ignited the rumour, and if it somehow did come to pass, they'd be revered for it.

Personally I find it fairly unlikely that we'll get an update for the same game a year later at the same event, not sure how to explain it, but it seems too obvious an avenue to drop something for it, I'm probably wrong though.

I'm not believing any of this. If it happens, it happens, but so far no leak has been accurate enough that I'd think "yeah, this person know

• edited December 2020

Im guessing you mean episode 3

I mean it doesnt look the same but doesnt look like it couldnt be edited

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They're not even trying. That's just the episode 5 key art on the left lmaooo

• edited December 2020

You know I gotta come clean guys. I have inside info. These images are legit. I just wanted to play along for a while and pretend I didn't know better but I can't. It isn't right. If you want a sneak peak to see an HD screenshot of Bigby, Boy Blue, and Weyland Smith go ahead and open the spoilers. But don't be upset if you spoil yourself. I did warn you.

• Yeah i think this one is legit guys.

You know I gotta come clean guys. I have inside info. These images are legit. I just wanted to play along for a while and pretend I didn't k

• Damn, posting legit leaks? Guess I have to recommend you for mod on April Fools again as punishment, SMH.

You know I gotta come clean guys. I have inside info. These images are legit. I just wanted to play along for a while and pretend I didn't k

• Not sure why they recasted Bigby as Patrick Warburton and made Adam be Weyland but oh well

Yeah i think this one is legit guys.

• Making the most of next-gen hardware I see...

• Wolf 2 lookin' so good with that raytracing :tired_face:

• We've been hoodwinked, ladies and gentle-friends!

• edited December 2020

I think the latest leak is real. That Image of Bigby in the Brown Coat was not in the Original. Plus they already confirmed with the first teaser that they were using old models just with a different Engine.

• They're going to use old models for Wolf 2? Could help speed up development.

• Exactly. It would also be Cheaper.

Ghetsis posted: »

They're going to use old models for Wolf 2? Could help speed up development.

• patrickrc95 posted: »

I think the latest leak is real. That Image of Bigby in the Brown Coat was not in the Original. Plus they already confirmed with the first teaser that they were using old models just with a different Engine.

• I mean I doubt that means anything. Telltale follows a ton of people and they worked with him twice in the past and is probably when they started to follow him back in the day.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Also This. https://twitter.com/TWDGameNews/status/1335923086927990784

Sign in to comment in this discussion.