New Telltale Brings Back Three More Classics, Wallace & Gromit, Strong Bad and Texas Hold'em

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited December 2020 in General Chat

You have no idea how much I've wanted to play Wallace & Gromit.

Comments

• what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck

• who would have predicted that out of every Telltale Game that could have had its IP acquired they would have picked Wallace and Grommit

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck

• It's the one that needed the most love and I'm so proud to see it.

who would have predicted that out of every Telltale Game that could have had its IP acquired they would have picked Wallace and Grommit

• How the fuck did they get Wallace and Gromit? Didnt the old Telltale lose the rights to it years ago? That was super unexpected.

• Also Poker Night rn after seeing Texas Hold em come back before them

• Yeahhhhhh Strong Bad!

Yeahhhhhh Wallace and Gromit! (which I've never played, but kinda interested in now!)

• edited December 2020

It makes sense. The rights probably costed pennies (Under a few thousand dollars, especially for Texas Hold ‘Em.) It wouldn’t have been worth the money and time for a 400 person company like old Telltale but new Telltale can use the money with their 20 employees and angel investors.

I just hope that LCG can start getting distribution rights to the more modern Telltale Games. All 4 games they’ve gotten so far have been old. LCG has given some good marketing to Wolf and Batman (Look at SteamCharts) so I think that if they got access to Guardians of the Galaxy, Back To The Future, Minecraft, Poker Night, etc, it would go really well

I really think specifically Guardians of the Galaxy or Game Of Thrones would be a perfect fit for New Telltale.

Poogers555 posted: »

How the fuck did they get Wallace and Gromit? Didnt the old Telltale lose the rights to it years ago? That was super unexpected.

• Never heard of RobotCache before, but the concept seems interesting.

All of the LCG Telltale Catalog is now on RoboCache https://store.robotcache.com/#!/game/695/batman--the-enemy-within---the-telltale-series

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2020

Poking my head out of the crypt to strongly recommend checking out Wallace and Gromit.

It's one of the transitionary titles from when Telltale was starting to slowly move towards more cinematic story telling, so it has the puzzles/exploration/gameplay of the old titles with some of the cinematic flair and writing chops of the newer ones.

If you've checked out Sam and Max: Season 1 remastered, the other old Telltale titles around this time play similarly; there's more of a focus on puzzles and exploration instead of stuff like QTEs and choice making, so the episodes will be a bit longer on result.

This was back when Telltale wanted their games to feel like games, so you'll actually appreciate being able to look around larger hub areas and have puzzles that actually are meant to be fun, instead of just existing to shove you to the next cut scene.

Fun fact: This was also Sean Vanaman's first game at Telltale, I believe.

• So happy to see Wallace & Gromit rise from the grave! I hope they can get the CSI games or Law & Order back on steam. Would love to be able to complete my telltale collection.

edited December 2020

I presume it was less Old Telltale “losing the rights” than it was Old Telltale choosing not to renegotiate/renew the rights after their initial time period expired around... 2014-2015 (???), or whenever it was.

Even around 2015(?), Wallace and Gromit was an older title from an IP that was more niche compared to Walking Dead, Batman, etc. It came out in 2009 and maybe was not making enough passive income years later in 2015(?) to support a massive indie company that employed 350-400 staff, for it to be worth it for Old Telltale to renegotiate.

New Telltale is not only a smaller company, but also one that stands to gain from renewing as much as they can. I’m happy they renewed Wallace and Gromit as it’s a hidden gem.

How the fuck did they get Wallace and Gromit? Didnt the old Telltale lose the rights to it years ago? That was super unexpected.

• Texas Hold ‘Em is really moving units right now

• Damn, that was unexpected. I was always semi interested in the Wallace and Gromit game, might finally be able to give it a shot.

Tales from the Borderlands next, please? :)

• Wallace and Gromit lets GOO

All I need telltale to do now is to bring Law and order back, then I finally own every game.

• Very happy to see this, not only is it enabling preservation of video games, but it gives me a chance to pick up some of the older Telltale titles I never got the opportunity to grab.

I bought Telltale Texas Hold 'Em before it was taken down, couldn't play it because my laptop is as useful as an ashtray on the International Space Station, as for Strong Bad, never got the opportunity to buy, and Wallace and Gromit... Yeah I wasn't really aware of the game all those years ago and with Telltale losing the rights in 2014, it just wasn't possible, but now it is. It was available on the Xbox 360, I wonder if it'll be backwards compatible and put on Game Pass on Xbox? I think that it would fit the format and Telltale would get a fee from Microsoft for it, while also expanding the playerbase.

I'm immensely pleased with this, it's wonderful news to hear

• Your laptop must really be as strong as a pizza box if it cant even handle telltale texas hold em.

Very happy to see this, not only is it enabling preservation of video games, but it gives me a chance to pick up some of the older Telltale

• rate my set up

captainivy1 posted: »

Your laptop must really be as strong as a pizza box if it cant even handle telltale texas hold em.

• Texas Hold ‘Em ($4.99)

...and the crowd goes mild.

• About as strong as a pizza box that's been left out in the rain. I have always had memory problems with it, when I downloaded the Steam client and installed Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, the screen was black while the music played as normal. I'm well overdue a new laptop as this one I have is a load of bollocks ever since I updated it to the latest Windows 10 update

captainivy1 posted: »

Your laptop must really be as strong as a pizza box if it cant even handle telltale texas hold em.

• Love what you did with it, what's it's output like?

rate my set up

• The insides run very well thanks

Love what you did with it, what's it's output like?

• This. Wallace and Gromit was Telltales biggest financial flop of all time. Greater than GOTG even.

I presume it was less Old Telltale “losing the rights” than it was Old Telltale choosing not to renegotiate/renew the rights after their ini

• edited December 2020

Y'know, that's pretty cheeky (fun -- is cheeky the right word here?) marketing. I like that, and to be honest I'm actually a bit more interested in the game now (even though I know it's got no similarities to Cyberpunk).

(Also wow finally a tweet that isn't "We <3 Telltale Joker" or "Bigby Wolf is great"! Good job social media person!)

dojo32161 posted: »

Cute https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1336110744497082369

• Now this is cute! Seems like LCG is getting a bit more comfortable filling in telltale's footsteps. Hope to see less joke tweets and more visually fun edits like this in the future even to just promote an older title.

Cute https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1336110744497082369

• I remember being so bummed when I found out Telltale made a wallace and gromit game that got pulled from stores

This made my day lol

edited December 2020

I see Telltale have now reopened the forums for the reacquired classic games. The titles are older, so a majority of the discussions may also probably be old, but you're welcome to make new threads or try to liven up an older discussion!

You can also find walkthroughs, puzzle hints, and "Did you Try?" threads with Easter eggs and trivia. If you like the "Details You May Have Missed" threads Dojo32161 made for the modern Telltale series, the "Did You Try?" threads are also an interesting read for the classic Telltale series.

• Ooh, I can probably bump my Details thread I made for Sam & Max.

I see Telltale have now reopened the forums for the reacquired classic games. The titles are older, so a majority of the discussions may als

• (I don’t think Sam and Max is opened, just the stuff Telltale 2.0 owns :( )

Ooh, I can probably bump my Details thread I made for Sam & Max.

• Nah, seems to be open right now

(I don’t think Sam and Max is opened, just the stuff Telltale 2.0 owns )

• Oh, it is! Neat!

Nah, seems to be open right now

• edited December 2020

Both Strong bad's and Wallace are 60% off on the Steam Winter sale. Now is definitely the time to grab em if you haven't yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.