The Game Awards 2020 Live at 7 PM EST (Also Telltale Summoning Séance)

Hello and welcome to the 101% official Game Awards 2020 thread. Here we can all talk about the Game Awards happening live at 7 PM EST.

Youtube Stream:

Twitch Stream:

Now as Telltale Community members I am sure we are all looking forward to the possibility of Telltale being present at the awards. So once again just like last year it is up to us to summon Telltale again once more. This can easily be done by offering your greatest Telltale meme or simply discussing your hopes for Telltale being present. It worked last time, surely this 100% influences the awards, so let's go 2 for 2. Oh and-

Possible endings. Take your pick.

Anyway feel free to discuss anything you are looking forward to seeing at the Game Awards. Hopefully everyone gets to see something they want!

ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ

Tagged:

Comments

• And yes I will offer the first meme

• If Wallace & Gromit can make a grand return in 2020, so, too , can we get other Telltale returns and news.

• ༼ つ ◕-◕ ༽つTELLTALE I SUMMON THEE༼ つ ◕-◕ ༽つ

• edited December 2020

Poogs, you have no idea how much you're making me laugh with these endings. Great work.

Really, I'm praying for the Godly Ending.
    But I think the Good Ending is the more likely scenario.
    However, The Bad Ending is also a possibility, so I'm welding steel plates to my heart in case I get heartbroken.

And, if the Unexpected Ending happens, whether it's for MCSM or Guardians... joke's on you I'm into that shit.

• The only thing that can make Game Awards worthwhile for me is a new trailer for Elden Ring. It's been a year and a half since its announcement and I heard that Phil Spencer, CEO of Xbox, playtested the game himself and said it's most ambitious game FromSoftware has ever made so far.

• let's go bois

• Does anyone know how long TGA usually is?

• They're usually about 3 and a half hours.

Does anyone know how long TGA usually is?

• The Nothing Ending is the canon one

sorry i had to be the one to break it to you guys

• Where did you get that?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

The Nothing Ending is the canon one sorry i had to be the one to break it to you guys

• / s

AronDracula posted: »

Where did you get that?

• This may be true but surely if we all hype ourselves up a new trailer will just manifest out of no where and we will not be disappointed in anyway!

The Nothing Ending is the canon one sorry i had to be the one to break it to you guys

• So Nintendo announced a new Smash fighter will be there which is pretty cool. Now if only Nintendo Switch had games.

• Now if only Nintendo Switch had games.

Now that you mention it, it seems that Nintendo has been quiet about their first party exclusives. There are only 4 Switch games that I can think of and 2 that still have yet to be released.

Poogers555 posted: »

So Nintendo announced a new Smash fighter will be there which is pretty cool. Now if only Nintendo Switch had games.

• Today might be the day...

• Replace “possible Telltale announcement” with “new Smash reveal” and this is basically me.

Pipas posted: »

let's go bois

• Now if only Nintendo Switch had games.

There are only 4 Switch games that I can think of and 2 that still have yet to be released.

I'm confused. Are y'all saying the Switch doesn't have any games? [looks at indie title mountain]

So Nintendo announced a new Smash fighter will be there which is pretty cool. Now if only Nintendo Switch had games.

• big if true gamers

• Switch this year specifically has kinda just became Nintendo putting out a medicore game people praise for a month and then everyone says it actually sucks (super common for some reason), a port of an old Nintendo game, a botched up 3rd party port, or an indie which 9 out of 10 isn't only exclusive to Nintendo.

For me personally it has been a pretty long time since Nintendo put out a first party game that doesn't feel phoned in. So I hope they start releasing some new games soon that don't feel like they met the bare minimum and then shipped it.

AChicken posted: »

Now if only Nintendo Switch had games. There are only 4 Switch games that I can think of and 2 that still have yet to be released. I'm confused. Are y'all saying the Switch doesn't have any games? [looks at indie title mountain]

• edited December 2020

Ohhh. Yeah, I don't remember their games this year being too strong, with the only notable ones I can remember being original, new games are Animal Crossing, the Mario Kart IRL gimmick and the Hyrule Warriors game.

At least there's BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 out on the horizon and they sound highly anticipated.
    I feel like Covid and working from home may have really impacted development on many of Nintendo's first party titles though (and possibly updates on ACNH).

Anyway, the term "Switch doesn't have games" just baffled me a bit. I've been hearing nothing but praise for the Switch's library and what I've missed out on in the past 3 years since I got it this past summer.

Switch this year specifically has kinda just became Nintendo putting out a medicore game people praise for a month and then everyone says it

• The whole Switch doesn't have games thing is more of a meme because they had a marketing campaign right before 2020 started (last year game awards actually) going "Nintendo Switch has games!" but then 2020 was probably Nintendo's worst year when it comes to communication and announcing games, so naturally everyone is going to make fun of it. (And also because the slogan "Nintendo Switch Has Games" is honestly so silly. Like holy shit really???)

And yeah I would imagine if you just picked up a Switch you wouldn't really notice much of this yet.

Ohhh. Yeah, I don't remember their games this year being too strong, with the only notable ones I can remember being original, new games are

• Tell me who the next Smash Newcomer is!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

me irl

• According to leaks its...

Tell me who the next Smash Newcomer is!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

• Sorry bucko but Smash ending is not one of the possible endings smh

but obviously its Crash Bandicoot for realzies this time!

Tell me who the next Smash Newcomer is!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

• edited December 2020

Top 10 movies that end too soon

ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᵍᵉᵃʳᵇᵒˣ ʷᵒⁿᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ʰᵃʰᵃ..ʰᵃ...

booper posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1337110894468161536 Nothing Ending confirmed. Pack it up, guys.

• Actually really like how they said something now than later. Good on them. Setting realistic expectations is super important as a game company. Mad respect for New Telltale.

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1337110894468161536 Nothing Ending confirmed. Pack it up, guys.

• Honestly same, nice to see an actual update about what is happening with Wolf 2 and to not expect any news tonight.

Actually really like how they said something now than later. Good on them. Setting realistic expectations is super important as a game company. Mad respect for New Telltale.

• "TWUA 2"

The Wolf Us Among 2? ;)

• Don't forget the iconic "Telltale Batman Series: Shadow Edition".

Welp, can't say I'm not disappointed by this, but I'm with @freelancepolicefan11, mad respect to Telltale for tempering expectations beforehand rather than saying nothing at all.
    Eat dirt, "leakers".

"TWUA 2" The Wolf Us Among 2?

• Well, that was fun while it lasted.
    ...pain

• edited December 2020

Dont worry I am sure r/gamingleaksandrumours will inevitably have complete faith in whatever next Telltale leak inevitably happens for the millionth time

Don't forget the iconic "Telltale Batman Series: Shadow Edition". Welp, can't say I'm not disappointed by this, but I'm with @freelancepo

• Not really. I feel like their message about the IP owner is implying that they are not in control of Tales From The Borderlands. It’s entirely possible that it’s being worked on by Gearbox. (It probably is, since the “vtest” depot name was also used for Borderlands The Pre Sequel, even though it was developed by 2k Australia.)

also, should we perceive the message about the IP as them not being able to acquire any more IP after the ones they just got? maybe i perceived it the wrong way...

• Time for Bruner House to announce that TFTB Redux.

• hyped

captainivy1 posted: »

Time for Bruner House to announce that TFTB Redux.

• edited December 2020

Gearbox is probably heavily involved with whatever is happening with Tales with all the database updates but I really think Telltale will be involved with it in someway. I dont really see Gearbox working on this for so long using a tool no one there knows how to use. (Also this could be 100% incorrect, but TTG does own the Telltale tool and they dont actually license it and if Gearbox was messing around with Tales it was happening after Telltale came back, technically they shouldn't be able to be doing anything without Telltale's permission as they wouldnt be allowed to use the tool.)

As far as their statement about the IPs it could mean anything really but it looks like their statement says they are currently trying to get the rights back not that they are done so I really don't think they are wrapped up grabbing the old IPs back. Like I am assuming GOTG probs went back to Marvel fast because Marvel doesn't want someone grabbing a GOTG license for really cheap. I also would assume Gearbox would buy TFTBL back but who knows what they are doing see how its been almost 2 years since they said they wanted to put it back on store shelves.

They may also have said that because to this day Telltale is still spammed with things like "Minecraft 3!?!?!" "TALES 2?!"!"! "BATMAN 3" and I think it may just be to try and quietly say "We are only working on Wolf 2, please stop asking."

Not really. I feel like their message about the IP owner is implying that they are not in control of Tales From The Borderlands. It’s entire

• I have no clue who owns the Tool. At first Jamie Otillie said Telltale owned it in an interview: but then an updated version of the TWD TFS engine was used for Sam and Max? I definitely think Gearbox can be using it

Gearbox is probably heavily involved with whatever is happening with Tales with all the database updates but I really think Telltale will be

• When Telltale came back they obtained the tool which would include its most up to date version, so TFS. They then updated it more from there. Skybound would most likely be in legal rights to use the tool as they essentially were using an unlicensed version due to the fact that no one actually owned it anymore so legally they would probably be considered safe for everything they did with the Tool before Telltale returned. But now that Telltale is back and own the tool, any other studio that wants to make a game with the tool would need to have permission from Telltale to do so. If a Tales remaster is happening and started development after Telltale came back, legally Gearbox would need to have permission from Telltale to use the tool themselves rather than simply re-releasing it. But I could be completely wrong, its all a legal mess.

I have no clue who owns the Tool. At first Jamie Otillie said Telltale owned it in an interview: but then an updated version of the TWD TFS engine was used for Sam and Max? I definitely think Gearbox can be using it

• edited December 2020

They used a background from that old “fake” leaked picture of Bigby.... I don’t even know anymore

Sign in to comment in this discussion.