The Game Awards 2020 Live at 7 PM EST (Also Telltale Summoning Séance)

Comments

• edited December 2020

Troy Baker is such a wise treasure I love him.

Holy shit a real Pearl Jam guy!
    I was wondering who this Eddie guy was and why he'd be playing a song from TLOU2..

• Man they really got Troy Baker there just to announce someone else

• I honestly don't understand why they had Tom Holland hosting a category only to have him hand it to Nolan North. He didn't even give updates to Uncharted movie.

• There's a bit of hardcore gamer rage going on in the livestream chat. Crowd of tosspots :joy:

• Lol meme material already going across the internet

• A lot of marketing stuff, really wish the Game Awards would quit it with Hollywood to be honest. Its a bit embarrassing seeing an industry brag about "being bigger than Hollywood" and then have over half of the presenters be from Hollywood. Would be much more interested in focusing only on people who are in the Game Industry. There's a reason why not many people know that much about actual game devs like they do for actors and directors, its a job thats very behind the scene. VGA could be a great place to give game devs a voice but instead it focuses on celebrities'.

Like you dont see the Oscars have over half of the presenters be from the music industry. So why is this not the case for the games industry? Like something tells me the VGA last year didnt get 45 million live viewers because celebrities' were there.

AronDracula posted: »

I honestly don't understand why they had Tom Holland hosting a category only to have him hand it to Nolan North. He didn't even give updates to Uncharted movie.

• Cowboys and Aliens but better?

• Had this thing on mute for a good chunk, was talking with an old college roommate who's doing a year of service down in Kentucky. What did I miss, other than TLOU II winning most of the stuff it's been nominated in so far.

• New Thumbnail for Girlfriend Reviews

AChicken posted: »

Lol meme material already going across the internet

• ...The fuck was that commercial for Omen?

• Eh, not much. There is a new dinosaur game called Ark, starring Vin Diesel. The Callisto Protocol is a new AAA horror IP from the Dead Space creator. And that's all the interesting stuff that I can recall.

Had this thing on mute for a good chunk, was talking with an old college roommate who's doing a year of service down in Kentucky. What did I miss, other than TLOU II winning most of the stuff it's been nominated in so far.

• "As gamers, you are just generally better humans"

I call that statement into question with the loud idiots that represent us with "go woke go broke", "keep politics out of gaming" just to name a few

• Henry Stickmin x Among Us is the crossover I never knew I wanted.

• The new map for Among Us got my excited, even though I don't play Among Us. This is because this from the Henry Stickmin franchise.

• edited December 2020

Okay, I was wrong about the 4 minutes but heyoooo Kratos and Master Chief are now in the same game.

Edit: holy shit Red VS Blue. This takes me back!

• edited December 2020

Whoa, nice to see the Master Chief rolling into Fortnite!

Haha love this Red Vs Blue piece, just great!

• edited December 2020

WALKING DEAD in Fortnite?! My God

No Lee. Just some TV dudes. Rip.

• edited December 2020

Wow, didn't expect to see a Walking Dead crossover with Fortnite, Michonne and Daryl are coming to the game!

Also claimed that Kaskade logo earlier today, not like too many will jump at this amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, but if anyone wants to play with me in Rocket League, my Epic Games name is DylanWoodzie

• edited December 2020

Bootleg Norman Reedus

have we entered the unexpected ending?

• TBF, I am getting kind of sick of Fortnite with these crossovers.

• It's harmless IMO. A lot of young kids enjoy it. I think it's nice that kids now have a game that they will remember fondly in the future like the generation above them does for Minecraft and Wii Sports. I'd also hope that they try out games Fortnite introduces them too like Halo and God Of War later in life.

TBF, I am getting kind of sick of Fortnite with these crossovers.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeeee BOOOOOIIIIIIII

• Man read the livestream chat :joy:

lupinb0y posted: »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Yeeee BOOOOOIIIIIIII

• I think it's time for me to attach a rope to the celling.

• Precisely, glad to see someone understands

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

It's harmless IMO. A lot of young kids enjoy it. I think it's nice that kids now have a game that they will remember fondly in the future li

• Man why is Christopher Nolan presenting Game of the Year? I really just don't get it. Its suppose to be about the gaming industry so we got one of the biggest directors of the movie industry to announce game of the year!

• Classic Rockstar. It's like 6 billion copies sold wasn't enough for them.

• A bit brash don't you think? Awards effect you in a very miniscule way, if you don't like, don't watch, and don't dwell on it

I think it's time for me to attach a rope to the celling.

A bit brash don't you think? Awards effect you in a very miniscule way, if you don't like, don't watch, and don't dwell on it

• It's not that big of a deal, like I understand you aren't making it out to be one, but having those who are prominent within the entertainment industry to present an award ceremony in that corner, it enables more eyes on the event, and brings more people into the fold

Poogers555 posted: »

Man why is Christopher Nolan presenting Game of the Year? I really just don't get it. Its suppose to be about the gaming industry so we got one of the biggest directors of the movie industry to announce game of the year!

• "We'll find out who's getting a Real Life GOTY trophy".

Wait... So no one else is getting a physical trophy this year? Aw that's too bad.
    (dunno why I care about some random company's awards mantle, but its gotta be cool to display it)

• I'm not the one taking the piss of a game winning an award by making comments of attaching ropes to roof's over it, that's just a bit much

• Whoa... So BioWare hasn't given up on Mass Effect after all! Interesting...

• You don't really know how I actually feel and I mean nothing. Plus, you can just say nothing because it was just a bad joke.

I'm not the one taking the piss of a game winning an award by making comments of attaching ropes to roof's over it, that's just a bit much

• Did I claim to read how you felt? My first comment stated if you don't like what you see then don't watch as these Awards hardly impact your life. I just don't like people taking the piss out of a topic like suicide, it's a bit of a vile thing to be at man,

You don't really know how I actually feel and I mean nothing. Plus, you can just say nothing because it was just a bad joke.

• ight Animal Crossing GOTY inbound.

• edited December 2020

Holy shit.

The london philharmonic orchestra playing the Animal Crossing theme song is quite the highlight of the year!

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

YEEAHAHHHHHHHHGHH

• Haha yes get in!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.