Poll+Discussion: What IP would you want new Telltale to acquire the most and why?

VOTE HERE: https://strawpoll.com/9phb3j2as

Tales From The Borderlands not included: Since it's almost definitely being rereleased by Gearbox according to SteamDB depot updates, and it would obviously win

Comments

• While GoT would be my pick I'm not sure it would be a good idea to pick it up in practice. Having an unfinished series in your catalogue is awkward and there doesn't seem to be any demand or enthusiasm for new asoiaf content that isn't the books after what the show did.

Minecraft would be my next pick since it seemed popular enough and could make them some money being back in shelves considering its a more modern game and all. Iirc though, Microsoft/Mojang were kinda greedy in relations to the profits those games made so idk.

• GOT seems like it would be a good fit for LCG

While GoT would be my pick I'm not sure it would be a good idea to pick it up in practice. Having an unfinished series in your catalogue is

• I'm not really thrilled by any of those choices. Most are exclusively from the past and will become even less relevant as time moves on. Unless there's a new IP hit soon that modern Telltale could latch onto and complete in time, I think they ought to write something new on their own.

Anyway, we'll see how good a job they do on TWAU2.

• edited April 2022

Tales is the obvious one but yeah I get why it isn't on the poll. I do hope Telltale is actually working with Gearbox in someway with whatever is happening on SteamDB so here's hoping.

Best case is Telltale manages to get all their old IPs back but that does cost money so who really knows what they will do with their current finances. Even though games like GOTG are not really super well received or money makers, it is still a shame you just can't play them anymore with ease. But for right now I think it may be in their best interest to get the more critically acclaimed IPs or IPs that can actually have a future after Wolf 2 releases. Like it would be great to have GoT back, but is that really a priority right now?

• I feel like even if they just got GOT, Poker Bight, and GOTG they’d be set.

I don’t think MCSM is feasible since Mojang isn’t that good at collaborating with other company’s. The rights to MCSM reverted back to them after Telltale closure and so did GOTG to Marvel, but i feel Marvel Games is more loose with their IP.

Poogers555 posted: »

Tales is the obvious one but yeah I get why it isn't on the poll. I do hope Telltale is actually working with Gearbox in someway with whatev

• If we are just talking about the license to sell again it would be Law & Order cause I need that for my collection lol, but in terms of making a new game I would really like to see them tackle Jurassic Park uh "again". I thought Jurassic Park was pretty decent despite a dumb last episode and I think it would benefit pretty well with the more choice driven telltale formula than entirely an action QTE set piece.

• I just want Tales back so more people could play it. 😔

• Waiting for whatever the hell is happening with Tales be like

Pipas posted: »

I just want Tales back so more people could play it. 😔

• Going story wise of these games, Back to the Future is the best one, it's on par with the trilogy it's based on. That being said, if you wanted to go for one to get some extra cash for new Telltale, both seasons of Minecraft would be the one to aim for.

• They should just the rights to the entire Dune franchise. That would be pretty cool.

• If the dudes who made The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead made a Silent Hill series in a similar vein to Silent Hill 2, I think I'd goo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.