TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

Comments

• edited January 2021

Me explaining how this means TFTBL Re-Release is coming soon

I mean the original tweet is from the 16th so why do it now??? Clearly because its a hint!

• edited January 2021

it's happening. 100%.

I think the Randy retweet definitely points to a rerelease.

Poogers555 posted: »

Me explaining how this means TFTBL Re-Release is coming soon I mean the original tweet is from the 16th so why do it now??? Clearly because its a hint!

• Tales from the Borderlands bonus content featuring no one who worked on the original incoming

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

it's happening. 100%. I think the Randy retweet definitely points to a rerelease.

• Troy Baker liked the tweet and multiple of the tweet's replies. I think that can be perceived as potentially a good sign regarding this,

Tales from the Borderlands bonus content featuring no one who worked on the original incoming

• (I mean in all honesty this probably doesnt mean much at all.)

Troy Baker liked the tweet and multiple of the tweet's replies. I think that can be perceived as potentially a good sign regarding this,

• Yeah but... But... they're just talking about it now? Of all times? Out of the blue?

the vtest would never lie to me

Tales from the Borderlands bonus content featuring no one who worked on the original incoming

• Wanting Tales from the Borderlands Remaster but in constant fear its being made by Gearbox

AChicken posted: »

Yeah but... But... they're just talking about it now? Of all times? Out of the blue? the vtest would never lie to me

• Just realized I will never hear Tales From the Borderlands Episode 2 Soundtrack - The Galatarium (Trust Fiona) for the first time again.

• I wish I could back and relieve the first time I played those episodes (or really, the first time I saw anything good). How cool was that?

Just realized I will never hear Tales From the Borderlands Episode 2 Soundtrack - The Galatarium (Trust Fiona) for the first time again.

• I wanna memory wipe the entire last episode from my mind palace so that I can experience my favourite episode of Power Rangers again.

I wish I could back and relieve the first time I played those episodes (or really, the first time I saw anything good). How cool was that?

• Things will get better when Tales from the Borderlands 2 finally happens!

I wish I could back and relieve the first time I played those episodes (or really, the first time I saw anything good). How cool was that?

• Don't worry... I'm sure it all looks bleak now, but future me is having the time of his life!!

I'll be all caught up any day now... Any day...

Things will get better when Tales from the Borderlands 2 finally happens!

• When everything is suppose to get better tomorrow but every day just brings another tomorrow

AChicken posted: »

Don't worry... I'm sure it all looks bleak now, but future me is having the time of his life!! I'll be all caught up any day now... Any day...

• The wait is making us all descend into madness. A good re-release of Tales from The Borderlands is the only medication we need... Please, Telltale... Or Gearbox.

• Everyday goes by we get more news about Gearbox but never any closer to what vtest is

Although I do wonder what this means for the future of Gearbox. Doesn't really seem like much is actually going to change. (At least right now)

dojo32161 posted: »

Hmmmm... https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1356840807861415937

• edited February 2021

1 hour long webcast with Randy and new holding company

Gearbox is planning on ramping up and growing their development pipeline to get games out faster.
    The Borderlands movie cast is also in Budapest now and they are starting principal photography very soon.

Hmmmm... https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1356840807861415937

• Gearbox ramping up production to make the totally well written Tales from the Borderlands 2 before Wolf 2 releases making sure New Telltale and AdHoc will have to watch it die from the sidelines

1 hour long webcast with Randy and new holding company Gearbox is planning on ramping up and growing their development pipeline to get

• There will be another Borderlands Show this Wednesday where they will reveal the contents of the season 2 pass, but they also mention something about an update on a "beloved Borderlands classic." Are they talking about Tales? I can't think think of anything else.

• Cant really think what else they could be talking about seeing how all the other BL games have gotten some sort of Remaster already.

Or it will be nothing because Gearbox seems to be the king of overhyping nothing. (But I do think this will probably be it. Vtest stopped getting updated and then Laura Bailey and others suddenly started going "Damn I miss Tales" right after the updates stopped.)

Anyway, last chance to place your bets.

There will be another Borderlands Show this Wednesday where they will reveal the contents of the season 2 pass, but they also mention someth

• edited February 2021

That's gotta be TFTB. Gonna get my hopes up...

Imagine if it's some bullshit like them bringing back Raid Bosses or the Valentnes Day Event

There will be another Borderlands Show this Wednesday where they will reveal the contents of the season 2 pass, but they also mention someth

• That thought hadn't even crossed my mind...I'm ready to have my hopes and dreams crushed again.

That's gotta be TFTB. Gonna get my hopes up... Imagine if it's some bullshit like them bringing back Raid Bosses or the Valentnes Day Event

• The fact that this is 'Borderlands' tweeting it out -- i.e. Gearbox -- doesn't really fill me with optimism if it's a TFTB re-release.
    Best case, it's just a port. Worst case, it's a re-dubbing or adds on stuff we don't need or is a total "HD re-texture" that looks all wrong.

• I'm getting prepared to laugh.

Tomorrow.

• I'm getting prepared to cry.

I'm getting prepared to laugh.

• telltale forums when they announce Tales remastered with Ray Chase Rhys

• JUST CONFIRMED TALES IS COMING BACK:

They’re talking about it later

• edited February 2021

Well 1 minute in and it looks like they already confirmed Tales is coming back.

Real question is, is it simply just putting it back on digital stores or is there extra content?

(Man really just hoping New Telltale is involved. Hopefully they actually got the rights back and Gearbox is doing this to help promote.)

• reveal is in 8 minutes. Be there

• I’m sure new telltale will hit them with a retweet out of love.

It has to be a rerelease. If it’s coming to PS5/Series X it would make them the first people to convert the Telltale Tool to run on Next Gen

Well 1 minute in and it looks like they already confirmed Tales is coming back. Real question is, is it simply just putting it back on di

• edited February 2021

ITS COMING BACK NEXT WEEK YOOOO

(But only seems like a re-release. Ah well. At least Gearbox remembered it exists.)

Edit: awww it no longer contains the choice-comparison screen at the end... Dang they couldn't get the servers back up. (Also, there's not technically a PS5/XSX port. It works through Backwards-Compatibility.)

• They removed the end choice screens. Guess the telltale servers had some issues.

• Tales from the Borderlands returns February 17th.

After all this time. F17 Hype has finally come full circle.

Looks like Telltale isn't involved at all though. Your choices wont even show up as a comparison at the end. Wish Gearbox actually, you know, talked to the New Telltale.

• Not having end choice screens would imply Telltale has 0 involvement as those are their servers even now. So Gearbox is pretty much just throwing it back on stores with not a lot of effort. Even after all that vtesting lol

They removed the end choice screens. Guess the telltale servers had some issues.

• edited February 2021

The lighting and cell shading is different.

I don’t mind that they didn’t change much since they’re keeping Troy Baker

Not having end choice screens would imply Telltale has 0 involvement as those are their servers even now. So Gearbox is pretty much just throwing it back on stores with not a lot of effort. Even after all that vtesting lol

• The meme lives on.

Tales from the Borderlands returns February 17th. After all this time. F17 Hype has finally come full circle. Looks like Telltale isn'

• I dont think so. There is quite a lot of cases where lighting is somewhat different in peoples footage of Telltale games.

I mean if this is actually the "upgrade" that lighting is 100% a downgrade.

The lighting and cell shading is different. I don’t mind that they didn’t change much since they’re keeping Troy Baker

• Hey, it's back. That's cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.