TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

Comments

• So weird fix is they moved the guy who blocked Fiona pushing the button in ep 5. (Kinda, he still clips in the camera but its not blocking everything now)

• edited February 2021

They changed the “J1N will remember that” easter egg.

It’s now “We will remember that”

Checking the Banang easter egg now

• edited February 2021

lol bruh that one is just mean to change

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They changed the “J1N will remember that” easter egg. It’s now “We will remember that” Checking the Banang easter egg now

• banang is safe

• Heard the Zer0 voice back to back, only a pitch change it seems. The audio quality is noticeably not as good as the other characters but its 100% an upgrade from the old voice.

• Also as of this update, Vtest has been "removed" in a way. Not public, but it seems something changed on vtest. Seems like Vtest probably is this re-release, so I guess it actually took them like a year.

• So from what I can tell there isn't that much in the files. The new stuff is mostly stuff added to go around the old stuff. Zer0's voice fixed, at least one camera fix, so there may be more.

Interestingly I can't view textures anymore in the Telltale extractor for only Tales. So the update may have messed something up there.

• Do you mind clipping it? :grimace:

Poogers555 posted: »

Holy shit. Zer0's voice has been "fixed." Its still not correct but they lowered the pitch. Def an improvement. Actually its kind of h

• I'll just do this for now as I'm sure someone will make a video of it later, but here is one of his lines

https://vocaroo.com/172YmnYjWbep

lupinb0y posted: »

Do you mind clipping it?

• Also off the top of anyone's head - Anyone remember any glitches in Tales I can go back and check if they fixed them? Seems like more was done than just the Zer0 fix as I mentioned they did fix an episode 5 camera as well. (which makes it a bit weird they didnt swap Jack in ep1)

Comparison if anyone cares:

• I've seen a minor visual glitch of a piece of paper floating in the air in episode 5 when Rhys is shutting down the power core right before Jack tries to eject him into space. Don't know if that's still there.

• 7GB of credits, it seems. Lol.

Disappointing that the stylish credits are borked, but I guess that makes sense since the servers are dead and ain't turning on anytime soon.
    Glad to hear Zer0's voice is fixed. Sounds real nice now.

It's been ages since I've played Tales, so I can't come up with any bugs off the top of my head. Would certainly be cool if some of them were fixed though. (Wasn't there an episode that always wrongly featured the opposite choice in the Recap segment? Or was that a different series?)

Havent launched it yet but 7GB update seems like a bit much lmao. I'll dive into the files later and see if I see anything "new" from Gearbox.

• edited February 2021

I'll just do this for now as I'm sure someone will make a video of it later, but here is one of his lines

https://vocaroo.com/172YmnYjWbep

Oh wow that's so much better, and it only took like five years to fix.

Anyone remember any glitches in Tales I can go back and check if they fixed them?

Not really a bug but a case of weirdly bad audio quality. In episode 1 when you try to convince August to give you the Vault Key by blowing his mind, and Rhys goes, "Actually, that's okay, you don't know it yet." The audio quality for that one line is noticeably crappier than any other line from the game. Also his lips aren't moving. Just wondering if they fixed that.

Also off the top of anyone's head - Anyone remember any glitches in Tales I can go back and check if they fixed them? Seems like more was do

• Really sad that episode 4's end credits have been ruined by these new credits.

For those who don't remember it was when Jack was screwing with the credits and the music blast in perfectly. Now gone forever. RIP.

• I'll go check and see if that was fixed but I dont think so. No idea why that audio was so bad though lol

I almost wonder if Telltale actually fixed Zer0's voice back in 2015. I remember they said they were going to but it never happened. Telltale seemed to have this weird habit of saying they would fix shit but not actually updating it. GOT had that Gryff eye issue that they never patched, Batman had a choice issue. Tales was the only TTG to go back and change a previous episode in an update. Wouldnt be surprised if they actually fixed the audio and had it the whole time but whoever was in charge of updating the game (producer most likely?) didnt follow through.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'll just do this for now as I'm sure someone will make a video of it later, but here is one of his lines https://vocaroo.com/172YmnY

• Also one of the strangest changes is the title screen now slams in when the camera is on the right side and not the left.

• Hmmm, sadly, my save files are still gone, RIP.

• Might have been Bruner/higher ups pushing for people to work on the next game rather than fixing old ones.

I'll go check and see if that was fixed but I dont think so. No idea why that audio was so bad though lol I almost wonder if Telltale act

• Really sad that episode 4's end credits have been ruined by these new credits.

Waaait, wait, wait. Why are the credits messed up for EP4? 'Cause Gearbox added in a whole bunch of new credits, so they had to scrap the glitching effect?

Really sad that episode 4's end credits have been ruined by these new credits. For those who don't remember it was when Jack was screwing with the credits and the music blast in perfectly. Now gone forever. RIP.

• @lupinb0y The audio is still weird

• I guess so.

The credits are now first a chinese group gearbox outsourced to because they couldnt figure out how to use the tool, (and honestly looking in what was added doesnt seem like they knew how to either lmao) then the Telltale credits, then the "gearbox credits" listing like 600 people who didnt work on the game for whatever reason lmao

I really wish Gearbox/2K just spoke with New Telltale and gave them back the license. They probably could've done this way faster and made a proper remaster. This is fine as it is, and the Zer0 fix is great, the only real issue is the no choice screen at all and the credits are a complete mess. Other than that it is 99% the same. Only real sad thing is the implication Gearbox and 2K can now make a Tales 2 which I really hope doesnt happen. Sadly I think it will though seeing how they've expressed interest, were looking for more workers specifically for Borderlands despite BL3 basically running its course, and now the THQ merger saying they want to make more games.

AChicken posted: »

Really sad that episode 4's end credits have been ruined by these new credits. Waaait, wait, wait. Why are the credits messed up for EP4? 'Cause Gearbox added in a whole bunch of new credits, so they had to scrap the glitching effect?

• RIP

@lupinb0y The audio is still weird

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2021

The funny thing about the choice screen is that they don't even need a server or anything fancy to make it work.

The choice data in all post-TWD S2 games is kept in a single file that is stored locally on the player's computer at C:/Documents/Telltale Games/[Game here]/choice.prop

All the complaints of people not being able to see their choices in Telltale's games? All the result of this single missing file. When Telltale went under, the games stopped automatically downloading this file for new players, meaning that only people that played the games previously, and thus had a choice.prop file, could view their choices. Fresh installs of their games resulted in this file just not being downloaded.

All they needed to do was make sure that file correctly downloaded for people, and the problem would've been solved. Yeah, that easy.

I imagine nobody even figured this out because of how stupidly simple it was. Occam's razor at it's best.

• edited February 2021

It’s a small thing but I really like how they added the 2k and Gearbox logos from BL3 into the new build.

It’s really just free advertising but I feel it validates the game as part of the series.

I know most people don’t like what they did with Rhys and Vaughn in BL3 (I didn’t either) but honestly Gearbox has done more with their Telltale IP than even Skybound. They treat TFTB really well, and Mojang/HBO/Marvel can’t say the same. They’ve treated TFTB really well in terms of acknowledgement

• Only real sad thing is the implication Gearbox and 2K can now make a Tales 2 which I really hope doesnt happen. Sadly I think it will though seeing how they've expressed interest, were looking for more workers specifically for Borderlands despite BL3 basically running its course, and now the THQ merger saying they want to make more games.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I guess so. The credits are now first a chinese group gearbox outsourced to because they couldnt figure out how to use the tool, (and hon

• Whoa, they really fixed Zer0's voice? Damn, wasn't expecting that. You know, in a weird way, I think I'm going to miss the old one. It's been so long...

Not so thrilled to hear about the credits (and the choices, but we already knew about that), but honestly, I'm just glad it's up for sale again and they didn't manage to break the game somehow with the rerelease. (like it sometimes happens with remasters and such)

• Overall I think they did a good job. It sucks there is no choice screen now and the credits are ultra messy but in the end the game works just as it did before and the Zer0 fix is pretty great.

Also I am starting to think the Zer0 fix and the camera fix aren't actually due to this re-release. Looking in the files its kinda clear the Chinese team didn't know how to use the tool and a lot of what they did is really makeshift. I think it may be more likely this was made by Telltale all the way back in 2015 as part of that patch they talked about that never came. Seeing and hearing how Telltale operated, I'm really starting to think they fixed Zer0's voice and fixed that camera in ep 5 as well and wanted to release it, but for whatever reason higher ups decided "nope game is finished no more updates." I mean remember when they waited for the entire Batman S1 to finish and then they were like "oh shit we still need to patch this game so it fucking works!"

But anyway, I am glad it re-released and works correctly. Unlike Walking Dead re-releasing twice and somehow breaking twice.

Pipas posted: »

Whoa, they really fixed Zer0's voice? Damn, wasn't expecting that. You know, in a weird way, I think I'm going to miss the old one. It's bee

• I think its a bit yin and yang.

It's nice that they actually care about it and treat its story with the same importance as the mainline, but it kinda sucks that they very obviously don't get why people liked it and its characters so much once it comes to including it back into the mainline.

It’s a small thing but I really like how they added the 2k and Gearbox logos from BL3 into the new build. It’s really just free advertisi

• Small acknowledgment from Telltale. This is bittersweet to say the least.

• "Give it back."

Small acknowledgment from Telltale. This is bittersweet to say the least. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1362108886199590912

• Tftb on switch maybe?

• It was just announced for Switch.

• WOOO Switch port confirmed, everybody!

• 2k giving tftb more marketing in 2 days than Telltale gave it in 4 years

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2021

I'd be careful about giving 2K too much praise

We don't want them getting the wrong idea and trying to aggressively monetize everything

2k giving tftb more marketing in 2 days than Telltale gave it in 4 years

• I just read the leaks yeah

Ghetsis posted: »

Tftb on switch maybe?

• Thinkin about how they did such a weird job in simply removing references to Telltale but they could fully port the game over to Switch.

• Thinkin about how they did such a weird job in simply removing references to Telltale

They did? They really fuckin' did?? (Please tell me at least the original writers and Telltale Team are featured in the credits.

AFAIK, my Digital PS4 copy hasn't gotten an update yet, so I might still be unaffected by this re-release.

Thinkin about how they did such a weird job in simply removing references to Telltale but they could fully port the game over to Switch.

• edited February 2021

The credits intro and regular still credit Telltale and they are still listed as the devs. But when you boot up the game nothing Telltale shows up, just Gearbox, 2K, and the outsource company are credited.

Also the store page/box art is now just "Tales from the Borderlands" no "A Telltale Game Series."

Thinkin about how they did such a weird job in simply removing references to Telltale They did? They really fuckin' did?? (Please te

• nah, Telltale credits are still there, and so is "A Telltale Games Series" in all the opening credits.

They just removed references to seeing your choices on TTG websiteand telltale cloud save. There's only a few other things they took out like the TTG logo when you change the same of a save file.

Thinkin about how they did such a weird job in simply removing references to Telltale They did? They really fuckin' did?? (Please te

Sign in to comment in this discussion.