Telltale's Batman canon in TWAU!?

(Reference: https://community.telltale.com/discussion/124355/bigby-vs-batman)

Recently they announced the Bigby vs Batman comics which would continue the Fables comics with a Batman VS Bigby storyline basically. My question to you all is... Bigby and Batman canon now technically??? SINCE The Wolf Among Us is a prequel to the Fables comics and Telltale has done Batman before. I know I'm probably overthinking this and it probably wasn't intentional but it's still cool to think about it!!!

Comments

• The big comic publishing companies sometimes like to mix universes. For example, there have been Superman/Spider-Man crossover comics in the past, with Marvel and DC working together, but when asked, the companies replied No, they aren't really considered to be in the same universe, it's just a story.

Even though Bigby and Batman are both out of DC, I imagine they'll stick with the it's-just-a-story-don't-worry-about-canon approach. Though Batman is getting so old, he may be a Fable himself! ;)

• edited June 2021

This crossover between Fables and Batman is really cool, considering they're both DC. But, both Fables and DC Batman are different universes form TWAU and Telltale Batman. Alot of people still don't know this, but The Wolf Among Us isn't canon to Fables anymore, atleast according to Bill Willingham. It was revealed in a Discord AMA a while back. And Telltale Batman is it's own Batman universe and isn't connected to the DC Batman comics. BUT! I would LOVE to see a crossover between Wolf Among Us Bigby, and Telltale Batman. Although, I don't think it's likely. I now have a headcanon that Telltale Batman and The Wolf Among Us are in the same universe.

• edited June 2021

I'm pretty sure they're going to make these offical issues of the Fables comics though. Like this Batman/Bigby crossover is going to act as an issue or two. Although, I might be mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(EDIT) Nevermind, I'm an idiot. You're right it's just a crossover. But the article said there are going to be more issues it's just the Fables/Batman crossover is it's own series.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The big comic publishing companies sometimes like to mix universes. For example, there have been Superman/Spider-Man crossover comics in th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.