Is Water wet?

If ‘no’ state why

Comments

• Definition of wet: Covered or saturated with water or another liquid.

Water cannot be covered or saturated with water.

Water is not wet.

• well said

Definition of wet: Covered or saturated with water or another liquid. Water cannot be covered or saturated with water. Water is not wet.

• Not if you got Chuck Norris diving in.

• Water is not wet--it makes other things wet

• I think water is wet, and it is only wet. There is no state in which water cannot be wet, as it is water -- water is wet and it can make other things wet because of it.

(Also, did I just read: "find reviews of apartment-friendly security devices and several are in debate whether water is wet"??? I'll give the bot credit for trying to be original in a website plug, but... on what planet do people looking for security devices debate the consistency of water)

• Lol.

AChicken posted: »

I think water is wet, and it is only wet. There is no state in which water cannot be wet, as it is water -- water is wet and it can make oth

• I think water is wet, and it is only wet. There is no state in which water cannot be wet, as it is water -- water is wet and it can make other things wet because of it.

(Also, did I just read: "find reviews of apartment-friendly security devices and several are in debate whether water is wet"??? I'll give the bot credit for trying to be original in a website plug, but... on what planet do people looking for security devices debate the consistency of water)

Water is not always wet, but it can be wet. Here are some illustrative examples:

Frozen water is not typically wet. When you take ice out of your freezer, it's usually not wet.

Take that same frozen water and put it in a drink though, and now it is wet. It's wet because it's covered by a layer of liquid water. Even if you don't put it in a drink, and just leave it outside to melt, it will soon become wet.

Gaseous water is, practically speaking, never wet.

You can tell the difference between water that is wet and water that is not wet because water that is wet is slippery, much more so than non-wet water.

AChicken posted: »

I think water is wet, and it is only wet. There is no state in which water cannot be wet, as it is water -- water is wet and it can make oth

Sign in to comment in this discussion.