The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Only one episode of Amphibia left before it's finally over.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Gonna miss the show, it's so freaking good.

lupinb0y posted: »

Only one episode of Amphibia left before it's finally over.

• edited May 2022

Welp, here it is.

After a decade and 3 years, will it be worth the wait? This is literally the only movie franchise James Cameron has been directing in in this century.

EDIT: Why do I feel like this franchise is intending to steal Avatar The Last Airbender's success by using the first name and the water element used for the second film?

• edited May 2022

It's so heartfelt, weird and fun. I'm definitely going to miss this show!

All In spoiler.

Only in Amphibia could you have Rupaul as a high ranking FBI official blast Black Pink in order to help motivate a teenage girl to go super saiyan blue against a mech that's controlled by a giant cyborg newt king and somehow have it be hype moment.

Gonna have to get my hands on that Marcy's Journal book whenever that releases.

dojo32161 posted: »

Gonna miss the show, it's so freaking good.

• edited May 2022

I honestly have no idea when this happens every year.

I just forget that its a thing

Fml I forgot to go to Free Comic Day

• Three Robots gets a sequel!
    Night of the (mini) Dead looks really fun.

Also, Troy Baker is in it now. Because of course. (Last season had Nolan North)

• In the process of downloading Alan Wake, time to see how this goes.

• The Tribeca Games Festival demos have been announced. Bit of a change this year is that they're charging for access to reserve a slot. Luckily it's pretty cheap? (5$ US for your choice of 3 demos -per schedule availability)

The selections are:

A Plague Tale: Requiem - France
    Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment

American Arcadia - Spain, Greece, Brazil
    Out of the Blue Studios / Raw Fury

As Dusk Falls - UK
    INTERIOR/NIGHT / Xbox Game Studios

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course - Canada, United States
    Studio MDHR

Immortality - United States
    Half Mermaid Productions (w/ Sam Barlow)

Oxenfree II: Lost Signals - United States
    Night School Studio / Netflix

The Cub - Serbia, Poland, United States
    Demagog Studios / Untold Tales

Thirsty Suitors - United States
    Outerloop Games / Annapurna Interactive

Venba - Canada
    Visai Games

https://tribecafilm.com/games-selections#games

Very excited to at least see the livestream beforehand, since they go over plenty of the nominees, developers, and we get more insight into the process and people behind it. Dunno if I want to pull the trigger on an At Home Pass, but maybe to try out a few games that otherwise would have flown under my radar.

• Bit of a word of warning, while the story, mystery, and lore are enjoyable, expect the gameplay to get repetitive.

light gameplay spoilers

Playing the Remastered version on PS4 this year, after not touching the original in so long made me realize how dated it can feel. It's spooky (to me) but a bit dull with how much time is spent in the same foresty environments, with similar weapons. (I'm also following a guide to get all the collectibles in one playthrough, so that might also be contributing to my tedium.)

In the process of downloading Alan Wake, time to see how this goes.

• Thanks! My burning love for Tali shall never be extinguished.

Welcome back, long time no see. And I must say, now that I finally got a chance to play Mass Effect, I love your profile pic. Tali'Zorah vas Normandy is best girl.

• My burning love for Tali shall never be extinguished.

Same here too

ralo229 posted: »

Thanks! My burning love for Tali shall never be extinguished.

• It is a good game, although don't expect the gameplay to be very qualified and it's like 15 hours long.

In the process of downloading Alan Wake, time to see how this goes.

• Bioware might have accidentally leaked something pretty important in regards to the plot of the next Mass Effect through a piece of merch from their store lol.

Spoilerino if you don't wanna know

On the page for the poster they unveiled last year, they put the synopsis of the game as, "The show goes on. Shepard's final quest may have ended the threat of the Reapers but at great cost including Earth itself. While Shepard and the survivors are left to pick up the pieces, fans are left wondering what's next."

But they quickly realised their mistake and replaced it with, "The threat of the Reapers might have been ended, but at great cost including Earth itself. While the survivors are left to pick up the pieces, fans are left wondering what's next."

Looks like Shepard's back on the menu.

• I started playing Control, Remedy's latest game, and thank god I waited to play it on PS5 because the performance was trash on PS4. The story doesn't seem interesting but I do love gameplay ideas. I hope it gets better with each upgrade.

• edited May 2022

I had seen that, a few people posted either the link to the item or the description itself on a few threads in the ME subreddit. Now BioWare and the ME game director are out there saying it was a mistake, implying the people who run the store have no plot info or connection to the development team. For me, I think it probably was a mistake that it was that descriptive, but I do think there is truth in it and they're just trying to go into damage control mode. Either way, it's kind of funny that they let this slip and didn't realize until it was up for several hours and went out in a mass email for a bunch of people.

I've always been in the camp that Shepard will return, I think there's a lot of good arguments that have been made to support that theory. Question is will they be the PC or a supporting character? Spoilers for ME series below

Liara picking up an N7 piece of armor and the use of destroyed relays and reaper horns from the announcement trailer are the biggest ones. But even then, signs are pointing to them just canonizing the destroy ending where Shepard lives and a return of the geth. Maybe not originally planned, but I feel as though they left the potential for a direct continuation with the ending of ME3 with the boy asking for another story about "the Shepard." Plus, I have a feeling that BioWare will want to play it safe and pander to nostalgia since they really need a huge winner after some serious letdowns. And the fact that the Legendary Edition was released, while nothing came for Dragon Age, provides an easy way for people to carry over choices and bring newcomers into the series while they work on the game.

All I know, is that if Shepard is in it, and it doesn't include some serious closure in regards to them and their love interest, then me and BioWare are going to have some problems. My Shepard is going to build that house on Rannoch for him and Tali, damn it.

#Give Tali'Zorah vas Normandy a house

Bioware might have accidentally leaked something pretty important in regards to the plot of the next Mass Effect through a piece of merch from their store lol. Spoilerino if you don't wanna know (Spoiler)

• edited May 2022

I can’t tell if TWAU2 is pulling in lots of new fans who are into Snow/Bigby and they just found /r/TWAU, or if /r/Fables is migrating there because it’s the more active sub, but I don’t like it either way. Almost every new post is about Snowby asking the same questions (OMG WILL THEY KISS IN SEASON 2???) or starting the same discourse/shipping wars or, in one dude’s case, using the difference in Bill Willingham and Telltale’s writing styles as an excuse to shit all over AdHoc by making unwarranted accusations that they’re going to half-ass season 2, they’re trying to spite Bill Willingham by creating Faye (the new cop character) as a potential love interest for Bigby, etc.

People are entitled to their opinions, but holy shit, it’s getting obnoxious.

• edited May 2022

Yeah every post seems to either be Bigby and Snow better get together! Bigby and Faye will have a romance for no other reason other than boy and girl! or the most passionate hate of Snow White you've ever seen written that boils down to "she doesn't do what I want her to."

Is weird how it keeps popping up a lot to be honest. Hopefully whenever we get some more news we can get a taste of the overall direction of the story so we can hopefully get some convos discussing what may happen. As great as that event was, overall direction of where the story will go is still not known to us yet and it seems a lot of people took the 2 main points of "Snow and Bigby's relationship is a bit more strained and Bigby is now working with Faye" as "Bigby and Snow breakup and Bigby gets together with his new love Faye!!!"

booper posted: »

I can’t tell if TWAU2 is pulling in lots of new fans who are into Snow/Bigby and they just found /r/TWAU, or if /r/Fables is migrating there

• edited May 2022

also wolf 2 event was 3 months ago

where is time going? feels like it was a month ago

• edited May 2022

Honestly I worry it's going to get worse. From my experience with fandom spaces, hardcore shippers like the ones that seem to be popping up in /r/TWAU tend to be the loudest group that always inevitably drown out all other discussion and make everything about their ship. They've been doing it already when we barely know anything about what this game is going to be about. Imagine how much worse it'll get when the game is out, or if Faye really does turn out to have romantic subtext with Bigby. Calling it now, this character is going to get Jane from TWD levels of hate for daring to be the person in Bigby's orbit with a vagina who isn't Snow White.

On a pettier note, it also really gets to me how some of them keep trying to bully people who don't like Snowby or prefer to pair Bigby with other characters like Nerissa out of their opinion. Their answer to everything is to invalidate the other person's opinion by screeching at them that they should ReAD ThE CoMiC!!! because bad old Telltale's take on the Fables universe is wrong and OOC so it's their fault if they don't like Snowby. I've read the comic several times and anytime I hear someone say that I want to shake them. They always gush about how Snow and Bigby are so good for each other and their relationship is so cute and sweet, but they never bring up that they got together as a result of what was essentially a magical roofy; that Bigby got her pregnant and knowingly hid the truth from her under flimsy pretenses; that he tried to turn everything around on Snow and low key victim blamed her ("Hey, what if YOU seduced ME?") when she was justifiably angry; and that he's the one who makes the conscious decision to fuck off and abandon her and their kids for almost a decade because he's angry that Snow moves to the Farm with them. That's not even getting into how shoddily written the progression of their relationship is (Snow spends the majority of the first part of the comic hating Bigby, then she's suddenly in love with him even though by that point she should dislike him even MORE — because the narrative wants them to be together and by God, Bill Willingham will find a way to make it happen he has to speedrun his way through it).

Like I said, if you have a different opinion, more power to you, don't stop liking something just because of me. But personally, I thought Snowby as it appears in the comics was a very poorly written ship with skeevy undertones. I think it's disrespectful to TWAU fans to act like our opinions are uninformed or invalid and that we need to be set straight by reading the comic — ignoring that some us already have done so and like Telltale's interpretation of the canon better — and I think it's disrespectful to Telltale because you're basically coming into a space predominantly focusing on the game and shitting all over it.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah every post seems to either be Bigby and Snow better get together! Bigby and Faye will have a romance for no other reason other than boy

• I feel pretty confident in saying Faye won't be a romance option anyway as really it is as flimsy as Faye is girl, Bigby is boy! I really doubt the story will even have a romance option, it will most likely be more of a background thing with Snow like it was in the first game. Which is honestly fine seeing how I really don't feel it needs a romance story, I feel it is pretty important for Bigby himself that he can't really "find love" and it seems pretty hinted at that he is a lot more on his own in this game than the first. (Like we don't even know what Faye is like but the fact people are already jumping on romance option is silly. I can imagine the big personal choice for Faye will probably be revealing the truth about Fables to her or something along those lines.)

I can also 100% agree with Bigby and Snow's relationship in the comic. It is pretty bad. That scene was probably one of the first missteps in the series for taking weird turns. I think what sucks about it is the fact that it isn't even that hard to fix it. After that story finishes, Bigby and Snow get their feelings out and suggest that they actually joke about going on a real date. Great! Now we can continue the story with Bigby and Snow's new relationship and see it grow, and then we can bring in the whole pregnancy plot point, but have it so it was simply an unplanned one, and now it is all a problem because Bigby isn't allowed on the farm and all that. Really never liked how that all plays out in the comics for the reasons you said above, just feels like regressing all characters involved.

Bigby and Snow are much stronger characters in the game and I am pretty excited to see where they go with it. Even though I know it isn't technically considered canon, it does seem they'll stick by it, just won't get hung up on minor things, but will respect major story moments from the comics.

booper posted: »

Honestly I worry it's going to get worse. From my experience with fandom spaces, hardcore shippers like the ones that seem to be popping up

• edited May 2022

I just don’t understand why people are so hung up on canon with this particular game out of every other adaptation Telltale has made. Batman had Thomas and Martha Wayne turn out to be corrupt mobsters. GOTG kills Thanos off in the first episode. TWD has Glenn hook up with Lee’s group when the comic implies that Rick’s group was the first group of survivors he’s been with. There are no rules when you write for a comic book based IP; everyone from the writers to the fans knows that these characters and world aren’t set in stone and they often change from writer to writer. But apparently Fables is the one exception because it isn’t allowed to have branching timelines or a multiverse. Everything HAS to be 100% canon, no deviations, no AUs, or else it sucks. The audacity of Fables stans to think their series is somehow immune to the same treatment a comic like Batman gets is really something else lmao.

I feel pretty confident in saying Faye won't be a romance option anyway as really it is as flimsy as Faye is girl, Bigby is boy! I really do

• I wonder how they'll handle carrying forward peoples past choices. It's clear now that only one of the endings is really canon, but if Shepard does return how will the game deal with your relationships. Will they just give you a survey to complete at the begin of the game like in TWD:TFS, or will they still ask for an old save but change the ending you got in ME3?

I had seen that, a few people posted either the link to the item or the description itself on a few threads in the ME subreddit. Now BioWare

• Why the hell am I not surprised? This is an instant DOA, it makes RE7 and Village look more RE-ish and this is the third time we see that Paul W. Anderson isn't that bad of a movie director.

• IDK man, that feels like a year ago. It's been a long winter and spring if you ask me.

also wolf 2 event was 3 months ago where is time going? feels like it was a month ago

• In-between feeling like everything is going super fast and not moving at the same time B)

IDK man, that feels like a year ago. It's been a long winter and spring if you ask me.

• edited May 2022

Blizzard has unveiled their grand master plan to save the company with their new app, the King's Diversity Space Tool. An app in which you can categorise and rate the diversity of a character by their culture, race, age, cognitive ability, psychical ability, body type, facial features/beauty, gender identity, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background. The Diversity Space Tool is supposed to help in the creation of more diverse characters in video games and will be made available to the broader industry.

Because there's nothing more humanising than putting an arbitrary number on a person. Besides, hiring more people from different cultural and racial backgrounds is too hard.

When you try so hard to prove you're not a bigot that you fall face first into eugenics.

• edited May 2022

Remedy released a game development roadmap update that talks a bit about the Max Payne remakes, Alan Wake 2, that F2P co-op game they're making, the Control spin off (codenamed Project Condor), and then they casually mention that they're developing a sequel/follow-up to Control nicknamed Project Heron which is currently in its concept/prototyping phase.

That's a lotta games they're working on.

• Congratulations Maple Leafs, your team still cannot make it past the first round and win a pivotal Game 7. Seriously, what is wrong with this team, why can't they win a playoff series? This team is cursed, only explanation.

• I'm with you on that. I love 'em, but they just keep having disappointing first rounds.

At least they still made it further than the Montreal Canadiens so I'm happy about that.

Congratulations Maple Leafs, your team still cannot make it past the first round and win a pivotal Game 7. Seriously, what is wrong with this team, why can't they win a playoff series? This team is cursed, only explanation.

• Yes, but I must also remind you that you blew a 3-1 series lead against them last year as they made their way to the Stanley Cup.

I honestly don’t know what you do. Don’t the Leafs have a lot of their money tied up into 4 players and are up against the cap? Do you blow the team up and sell, do you fire management and coaches, because this is repeated failure at this point. That being said, being a Devils fan, I will gladly take Jack Campbell off your hands if you’re looking to trade.

AChicken posted: »

I'm with you on that. I love 'em, but they just keep having disappointing first rounds. At least they still made it further than the Montreal Canadiens so I'm happy about that.

• edited May 2022

Welp, after three years Amphibia is finally over.

Spranne against the world.

• Feeling nostalgic today about how much time i've spent on this forum and everything it's been through.
    Remember when we all said our goodbyes and thought the forums were shutting down haha..good times right.
    But seriously here's hoping to many more exciting years with you all and Telltale.

• PLEASE, let me have Silent Hill 1, the classic Resident Evil trilogy and InFamous 1 and 2 in my PS5 library. With those games in, I don't have to go back to my PS3 ever again.

• Remember when we all said our goodbyes and thought the forums were shutting down haha

Top 3 Awkward Moments

Number 3 - Everyone says goodbye
    Number 2- Everyone says goodbye again
    Number 1 - Turns out no one had to say goodbye

iFoRias posted: »

Feeling nostalgic today about how much time i've spent on this forum and everything it's been through. Remember when we all said our goodby

• I'm not so sure what this means... it's a bit confusing.

Does Original Playstation and PSP generation not mean PS1 and the OG PSP?

Plus the "download a version for the PS4/5 consoles if they already own the digital version"
    If you own the digital version, you'll be able to download another digital version on the store?

AronDracula posted: »

PLEASE, let me have Silent Hill 1, the classic Resident Evil trilogy and InFamous 1 and 2 in my PS5 library. With those games in, I don't have to go back to my PS3 ever again.

• It means that all the digital games, namely the PS1 games (Like Silent Hill 1 and classic Resident Evil trilogy) that are exclusive to PS3 store will be downloadable on PS4/PS5 store.

AChicken posted: »

I'm not so sure what this means... it's a bit confusing. Does Original Playstation and PSP generation not mean PS1 and the OG PSP? Plu

• I remember that one time it seemed the forums were really dead, offline and such, then like a week later they popped up again. T'was a bizarre time.

iFoRias posted: »

Feeling nostalgic today about how much time i've spent on this forum and everything it's been through. Remember when we all said our goodby

• edited May 2022

Halfway through Alan Wake, and to be honest, I’m just not feeling it. Sure the intrigue is there, but it all just feels like a chore to play through. I’m not one that puts a lot of stake in gameplay usually, but the gameplay is just so boring and repetitive. I’ll finish it, but I just don’t see the big deal about it.

I will say this, if I had a nickel for every underwhelming episodic video game I have played set in the Pacific Northwest of the US with a mystery/supernatural plotline, a struggling artist protagonist, some cringy dialogue, weak and dumb characters, average voice acting, and an opening dream sequence focused on getting to a lighthouse while avoiding a storm, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.

Edit: Oh, terrible lip syncing, a protagonist that can also control the reality in front of them, a plot about a missing person, and an overuse of internal thoughts/monologue from the main character. Jesus Christ, how much did Life is Strange rip off from Alan Wake?

• edited May 2022

If you are interested, you can check out my GGAPP.io account for my history of gaming. This website is like Letterboxd but for gaming. I made a few reviews, some ranks and rated each game that I ever played in life (At least the ones that I remember playing). I have been very active in it recently.
    https://ggapp.io/Aron_Blue

• edited May 2022

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1142233-finding-nemo

Me when the semester ends and I don't have twelve projects to do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.