The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Let the mods begin.

lupinb0y posted: »

When I see Spider-Man announced for PC

• Gives me Little Nightmares vibes. PURFECTION!

Unironically my most anticipated game.

• Are you shitting me? Just as I start a new game in Mass Effect: Andromeda, Guerrilla Games just goes out there and finally announces New Game+ for Horizon Forbidden West.

I was waiting on that for months, but figured it wouldn't come until any DLC announcements. I'm not usually one to juggle two different things at once, I usually commit to one thing and don't do anything else until it's finished, that goes for TV shows, games, books, etc. Damn you Guerrilla, if you announced this a few days ago this all could have been avoided.

• edited June 2022

The man, the myth, the Morb himself.

Alright can we end the joke now, because Sony is re-releasing this movie in theatres and the likelyhood of a sequel is getting scarier by the minute.

• The really scary thing is that I'm sure people WILL watch it ironically and it WILL create the horrifying sequel.

So, it'd be funnier if it flops twice. Don't fall for Sony's meme bluff, everyone.

The man, the myth, the Morb himself. https://twitter.com/JaredLeto/status/1532849263809396736 Alright can we end the joke now, becau

• So, it'd be funnier if it flops twice. Don't fall for Sony's meme bluff, everyone.

It would be hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Also, not a great time to release a movie that came out 2 months ago when all these blockblusters are coming out. I feel like the chance of a flop is way, way higher than people realize.

AChicken posted: »

The really scary thing is that I'm sure people WILL watch it ironically and it WILL create the horrifying sequel. So, it'd be funnier if it flops twice. Don't fall for Sony's meme bluff, everyone.

• This is really neat.

• I know this is a plush toy in a pet shop, but AHH I WANT IT

• A few months ago, when I was on "Road to Platinum" for Resident Evil 5, I have encountered this rare animation from an enemy.

• Holy crap, it's Neo from the Matrix! Totally dodged that first bullet.

AronDracula posted: »

A few months ago, when I was on "Road to Platinum" for Resident Evil 5, I have encountered this rare animation from an enemy.

• The most successful film of all time, am I right? This was definitely not just one of the movies of the year but the movie of the entire century. I literally hate myself for not watching it again after my 900,000,000 rewatch.

• I saw a trailer for the DC Super-Pets film at the movie theatre today.

A quick shot of Lex Luthor popped up and all my brain could think was "Jeff Bezos??!"

• So I have been playing this gem called "Forbidden Siren". I have to admit: so far, this game...I wouldn't really call it a fun experience but it does have a lot of unique ideas that you do not see in modern horror games. This is a game that I respect more than I enjoy it.

• 4 days until we witness something we fear

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Oh, right, I had forgotten.

Poogers555 posted: »

4 days until we witness something we fear

• I’m confused, what’s that?

4 days until we witness something we fear

I would assume the TFTB 2 reveal, which is happening at Geoff's Summer Fest on Thursday.

I’m confused, what’s that?

• Dojo watching the new tales from the borderlands trailer and realizing he will never forget about it again (vaughn shit his pants in the trailer)

I’m confused, what’s that?

• edited June 2022

Teaser trailer for Disney's upcoming animated movie, Strange World.

I really like the otherworldly design for the environments and creatures, it really homes in on the Strange part of the movie. Also liking the way the story and marketing is being presented. I'm not exactly sure what it's called but it's that kinda retro adventure/sci fi style.

• Also as Mr. Geoff's game summer thingie happens, I wonder if Wolf 2 will show up.

I sort of don't think it will, but I guess there is a chance. Honestly I think Wolf 2 may end up releasing first half of 2023. The article about how they did the Wolf 2 event said they would love to do something like that again, so I think we may end up with a timeline like this: (sometime late summer/fall a second update, maybe focusing more on gameplay. Then a trailer at the VGAs that works more as a story reveal trailer and release date, and then one last update event like video about a month/few weeks before the game releases.

• I didn't know I needed this but ok

• Nailed it perfectly especially when the loading screen takes so fucking long to load so you decide to take a piss and your character is just standing there..

I didn't know I needed this but ok

• Once again did a search and ended up revisited a particular old thread here.

Got me thinking about how, looking back, there really was a period where I among others really was in a place of bitterness and passive abrasiveness that led to feeling and even saying some pretty mean things. And I have felt bad about that on and off when recalling that and want to apologize to the people I might've offended or legitimately hurt back then.

Having said that, when the games could sometimes do stuff like this, you do kinda need a sense of humor.

• I have decided that I really want A24 to get into video game publishing. Would love to see what projects they can source with their good brand image and budget.

Annapurna Pictures have been doing that over the past few years and I think they've been very successful so far at promoting interesting Indie titles. (Not perfect, Twelve Minutes got a pretty mediocre response after launch) but interest in the title beforehand is usually very good -- Stray is somehow a huge crowd-pleaser -- and I'd say so many of their games push the concept of what a normal, good "video game" is.

• And I have felt bad about that on and off when recalling that and want to apologize to the people I might've offended or legitimately hurt back then

Same but don't worry too much about it i'm actually so glad Twd forums just shut down if i'm being honest it was like a blessing in disguise and the first step of moving on from all that toxic negativity.

DabigRG posted: »

Once again did a search and ended up revisited a particular old thread here. Got me thinking about how, looking back, there really was a

• I'd have to agree. I sort of said something similar about the Clem comics how it gets pretty easy to turn negative critique into being overly negative. I don't think there is anything wrong voicing dislike, but I know I personally wish I had this mindset then and realizing it snowballs and contributes to that sucky atmosphere.

iFoRias posted: »

And I have felt bad about that on and off when recalling that and want to apologize to the people I might've offended or legitimately hurt b

• how it gets pretty easy to turn negative critique into being overly negative.

Or when the negative critique devolves into personal insults against the creator.

I'd have to agree. I sort of said something similar about the Clem comics how it gets pretty easy to turn negative critique into being overl

• So I got a very brief job recently which allowed me to earn some money. Which has been honestly the first time in a long time I've had the freedom to do so. It felt nice.

• First clip from Henry Selick's latest stop motion animated movie, Wendell and Wild.

The girl slipping on the wet floor is some of the smoothest stop motion I have ever seen.

• Yes, pretty much critique becoming less and less to do with the what it was original about and leading to things like that, which I feel happens pretty often even if you may not notice cuz the whole snowball effect.

how it gets pretty easy to turn negative critique into being overly negative. Or when the negative critique devolves into personal insults against the creator.

• I am utterly disgusted.

Let me tell you, if there was another website that is like youtube with the same amount of content and less nonsensical copyright rules, I would have left this platform immediately. Without great content creators, there is no youtube. Do they not fucking realize what they are doing?

Man, can't believe One Piece is going to end in a few years. It's going to be surreal.

• Quantum TV is really making a fool of himself and ruining ActMan's career all because of one critique Elden Ring video. Even though I have mixed feelings about ActMan, I do wish him the best and appreciate his work on his videos, mainly Halo and Cod.

I am utterly disgusted. https://twitter.com/TheActMan_YT/status/1534301853596282880 Let me tell you, if there was another website that

• edited June 2022

Well things just got even worse. He confirmed that at some point, Youtube will demonetize his channel, thus losing his job and motivation for making videos. I don't even watch his content, he has some different opinions compared to mine but the fact that Youtube doesn't do anything about Quantum TV, who basically broke ALL the community guidelines, but instead goes after someone with better logic and common sense is just as much of an insult to people's intelligence as Amber Heard. Speaking of which, she seems like a perfect waifu for that fucker.

All of this happened only because of Elden Ring.

EDIT: aaaand it happened. The Act Man's channel is officially demonetized. Good job, Youtube. You are officially on the same list as Amber Turd.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Quantum TV is really making a fool of himself and ruining ActMan's career all because of one critique Elden Ring video. Even though I have mixed feelings about ActMan, I do wish him the best and appreciate his work on his videos, mainly Halo and Cod.

• Not to mention that other Youtubers who have covered the Quantum TV vids have also gotten their videos demonetized.

Well things just got even worse. He confirmed that at some point, Youtube will demonetize his channel, thus losing his job and motivation fo

• edited June 2022

So that Dragon Prince announcement was…incredibly disappointing.

Great, it’s called The Mystery of Aaravos, k, and? How about a release date, a legitimate teaser, a clip, a behind the scenes preview, something? No, just a minute so trailer with no lines and the subtitle reveal, lovely. Alright, looks like 2023 is back on the menu.

Edit: Apparently they’re still saying 2022, and more info would be given at SDCC. There, they will have more details and a sneak peak of an episode. So what was the point of this, you could have just revealed it at SDCC. Literally no one is happy right now.

• edited June 2022

Fill me in if you please

EDIT: nvm

So that Dragon Prince announcement was…incredibly disappointing. Great, it’s called The Mystery of Aaravos, k, and? How about a release d

• edited June 2022

Trailer for Netflix's adult animated series, Entergalactic. Alright I know I've talked a lot about Spider-Verse inspired animated things but this one just straight up looks like Spider-Verse lol. Definitely interested in this.

• That sucks.

Well, that's good they've confirmed another more substantial announcement, and a commitment to 2022?!!
    But... yeah... I feel like Netflix may have forced their hand on this. Wanting something to add to their Geeked Week showcase, so they gave them the bare minimum since there was already a bigger showcase planned.

So that Dragon Prince announcement was…incredibly disappointing. Great, it’s called The Mystery of Aaravos, k, and? How about a release d

• edited June 2022

Damn, they've got me sold on the style already.

Can't wait to hear more about whatever this is.

Also, full trailer for The Sea Beast came out. The lip-synching looks to be improved in this. I'm betting that first teaser just had bad trailer editing

Trailer for Netflix's adult animated series, Entergalactic. Alright I know I've talked a lot about Spider-Verse inspired animated things but this one just straight up looks like Spider-Verse lol. Definitely interested in this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.