The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Alright, Summer Game Fest today. Kill us, Gearbox.

• Gimme a Bloodborne remaster announcement or an update on Resident Evil Village DLC. Then we can talk.

A new Silent Hill game works too but FucKonami.

• Let's just hope they decided to do their own thing rather than continuing Tales 1. That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway.

dojo32161 posted: »

Alright, Summer Game Fest today. Kill us, Gearbox.

They are likely doing their own thing. But yeah, they're going to bring in and ruin at least one or two Tales 1 characters.

Poogers555 posted: »

Let's just hope they decided to do their own thing rather than continuing Tales 1. That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway.

• Well we don't know where Fiona and Sasha are right?

Us when they show up and get bastardised like Rhys and Vaughn.

They are likely doing their own thing. But yeah, they're going to bring in and ruin at least one or two Tales 1 characters.

• That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway.

oh jeez. If they do want a few nostalgia points and semblance of a continuation, that is a bit of a scary thought.
    I just hope it's an interesting concept first. I wonder if they're going to copy Telltale's point-and-click, choice-based style, or evolve it to something totally different?
    Changing much of anything I feel would change the identity of Tales 2 as a sequel.

In terms of anything else I'd want.... gimme a Crazy Taxi port in 2022!
    Also I hope those Last of Us Remake rumors are not true, since I still don't see the need for it!

Let's just hope they decided to do their own thing rather than continuing Tales 1. That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway.

Also I hope those Last of Us Remake rumors are not true, since I still don't see the need for it!

They're true, Sony just leaked it themselves by accident, lmao. It's also going to PC in September.

AChicken posted: »

That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway. oh jeez. If they do want a few nostalgia points and semblanc

• They are gonna Star Wars sequelize the shit out of them, aren't they?

• edited June 2022

AKA the reimagination of the first game with Joel treated as the main villain.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think

That said, Tales characters will probably show up at some point anyway. oh jeez. If they do want a few nostalgia points and semblanc

• I guess we will find out soon enough what this Tales 2 is going to be. It is possible it works more like an anthology. But I feel even if it is an anthology, there will be a more traditionally narrative as well following the characters telling the story or something.

If I they do end up using Tales characters I wonder who they would chose. Fiona and Sasha are probably the most likely because they weren't in 3. However they could always take a more minor character like August and kill him like they did Cassius I guess.

lupinb0y posted: »

Well we don't know where Fiona and Sasha are right? Us when they show up and get bastardised like Rhys and Vaughn.

• reads people talking about tlou remake

• If this turns out to be true, I'm still not convinced why it exists. Are they pulling a GTA 5 Expanded and Enhanced on us? Resident Evil 4 Remake already justified its existence and this did not.

• Theres a full trailer of it now. Looks pretty good, probably best described as being close to the Crash and Spyro remakes where its basically the same in every way but with a massive graphical improvement.

AronDracula posted: »

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1534927915443363840 If this turns out to be true, I'm still not convinced why it exists. Are they pu

• edited June 2022

Oh shit.

Okay. I don't like leaks but honestly this puts my worries at ease.
    Really feels like just a full-on HD re-texture of the PS3 game, and that's cool with me.

I was thinking the remake had something to do with re-telling the original story, altering some bits, which I feel is totally unnecessary. Part I is a 10/10 every single time I play.

Let's hope the price isn't anything too steep for next-gen, since it looks basically like the same package we've gotten 2 times before now.
    (Not that it matters for me -- it'll probably be on sale by the time I get my hands on a mythical PS5)

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1534927915443363840 If this turns out to be true, I'm still not convinced why it exists. Are they pu

• True. But the difference is that TLOU isn't even a decade old, it isn't as dated as other old games like Demon's Souls, the original is still accessible to every PS4/PS5 player and they charge 70 euros for it. Graphical improvement isn't enough to justify the price and its existence. It would have been easily forgiven if they made a reimagination instead of shot-for-shot recreation.

Theres a full trailer of it now. Looks pretty good, probably best described as being close to the Crash and Spyro remakes where its basically the same in every way but with a massive graphical improvement.

• I mean true its not like tlou1 is out dated graphically or mechanically but it is still a pretty impressive graphical step up. And obviously the 70 buck price for games still sucks all around for any game that releases for that much. I dont really see anything else wrong with it though. I know Sony loves making their games 70 bucks now, but a game like this could probably just be 60.

True. But the difference is that TLOU isn't even a decade old, it isn't as dated as other old games like Demon's Souls, the original is stil

I'm still so mad they did that to Cassius.

I guess we will find out soon enough what this Tales 2 is going to be. It is possible it works more like an anthology. But I feel even if it

• NGL, that's the stupidest but somehow funniest use of that scene I've ever seen.

• The sequel no one asked for:

The xbox got fried in a power surge a few days after we got the xbox to read discs again.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Also me meticulously disassembling the Xbox to clean the laser disc lens with my friends watching

• While it's still another 2 months away for me, it's weird to think how much more insignificant birthdays are compared to when we are younger, and how the priorities change as a result.

18 - WOO, I'm an adult now, putting those teen years behind, I'm a free man...who still lives at home and is banking off of my parents. But hey, I can vote now, time to vote for (insert politician/political party that causes the least amount of toxicity).

21 - TIME TO GET DRUNK!!! Finally legal baby, this is going to be fun! Got a weekend trip with the boys, money ain't no issue, time to let loose!

25 (which is what I'll be turning) - Aw yeah, I can rent a car now. Maybe if I can ever afford to take that trip I've been planning I could use it. Party tonight? Nah man, I have work tomorrow and if I'm not in by 10, I won't have the energy.

Ironic, when we were younger we wanted to do nothing but get older. Now, what I would give to age backwards.

• While I'm not a savvy enough comics reader to back it up, I've heard that it's a big deal so...
    Cool times ahead! We're getting The Spot in the next Spider-Verse movie!

• So I have been playing RE7 with Next Gen update lately. The game itself runs incredibly well. No more absurd loading screen or unloaded textures. However, I have encountered some audio issues. I wasn't sure if it was the 3D audio or an actual issue. My flamethrower wasn't making any sounds when I was shooting it.
    BTW, I have accidently created this funny moment.

• edited June 2022

The PlayStation Plus Service has upgraded recently with new Tiers with new features. Namely, a PS4/5 catalog for Extra, & a Classics PS1/2/P and a streaming PS3 for Premium.

I'm not interested in upgrading, and I'm not interested in PS3 streaming (don't really have the internet for stable streaming, and I still have my PS3) but for those who do, there's an awesome catalog of old games here.

The Two Infamous Games and Halloween-ish Festival Of Blood
    Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time.
    Some cool racers like Motorstorm Apocalypse and Split/Second
    There's even classic Telltale here with Puzzle Agent, Sam and Max Seasons 2&3, and the Strong Bad Game!
    Plus plenty others, love the indie game Rain. Nice little puzzler.

• I'mma keep my PS3 around just for the Infamous games. I don't understand why these games aren't on PS4/PS5. They are way better than Second Son imo.

The PlayStation Plus Service has upgraded recently with new Tiers with new features. Namely, a PS4/5 catalog for Extra, & a Classics PS1

• Ugh, I saw Metallica in Boston last month, and while the show was amazing as always, I thought the setlist was too safe and bland. No surprises, typical setlist they've been playing for years, and were songs I've seen multiple times before. I left hoping they would start changing things up.

Next show, which was last night in Denmark, holy shit! Setlist staples not played, rarities brought out for the first time in years, the order of songs getting moved around, it was one of the best setlists I've seen in a while, and it pisses me off that I wasn't there.

• edited June 2022

Equally funny and equally insane. The hell is wrong with S&P??

At least it led to this fantastic in-joke. ("Not S&P Approved" Has been approved by S&P is a hilarious statement)
    ...one of these days I've got to get into Gravity Falls given how huge of a Disney show people make it seem.

This might be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537314312926003201 https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537334557535457281 https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537335035182784512

• Hilarious. What kind of soulless corporate type does this? Look, I get that a children's show there is a place for sensitivity, but what is wrong with throwing a chimpanzee into a basketball hoop in a cartoon? And seriously, who is the Disney Animal consultant and why is a person getting paid to see if throwing a chimpanzee into a basketball hoop in a cartoon is acceptable?

This might be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537314312926003201 https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537334557535457281 https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1537335035182784512

• The fact that he got 3000 of these in the span of the shows run of 39 episodes is fuckin' wild.

• I guess the animal consultant is there to ensure that they don't show anything that could be taken as being abusive towards an animal or something that someone could imitate in real like that could potentially harm an animal. Which is fine, but what are the odds of someone getting hold of a chimpanzee just to throw it into a hoop.

Hilarious. What kind of soulless corporate type does this? Look, I get that a children's show there is a place for sensitivity, but what is

• edited June 2022

Will see what happens.

• edited June 2022

🎉📜🧑‍🎓🎉

I've graduated now! I'm done! I got my advanced diploma! Yes!!

On another note I'm trying to doodle something in small celebration of it -- looks super wonky -- do I really have to draw the person before I draw the clothes? Because after 3 attempts I think that's what I'm missing.
    Or I'm just not used to drawing dresses & gowns lol

• Congratulations!

🎉📜🧑‍🎓🎉 I've graduated now! I'm done! I got my advanced diploma! Yes!! (Spoiler)

• edited June 2022

Yeah it's better to draw the body first then the clothes on after, especially if it's a gown, so you know where all the body bits are instead of having to estimate.

• edited June 2022

Ah, alright, makes sense! I knew I had it backwards! Thanks lupin!

Thanks @AronDracula!

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah it's better to draw the body first then the clothes on after, especially if it's a gown, so you know where all the body bits are instead of having to estimate.

• Diploma in KFC or chicken cooking or culinary in general, yes?

• Diploma in KFC or chicken cooking or culinary in general, yes?

What if I told you it was all three! Better the devil you know than the one you don't, eh? :naughty:
    (real talk: theatre performance)

and I'll most definitely be deleting these IRL pictures later but ehh... here ya go... yippee

Diploma in KFC or chicken cooking or culinary in general, yes?

• Congrats <3

Diploma in KFC or chicken cooking or culinary in general, yes? What if I told you it was all three! Better the devil you know than t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.