The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I heard that the new ones are good for what they are. I own Mankind Divided and I heard it ends on a big cliffhanger.

Mary DeMarle, the narrative director/lead writer behind Deus Ex and Eidos Montreal’s Guardians of the Galaxy (winner of Best Narrative at th

• The deus ex games are excellent. There’s some downsides like the sudden ending of mankind divided, but from what I remember the writing was solid for the newer ones. I’d definitely recommend them.

Mary DeMarle, the narrative director/lead writer behind Deus Ex and Eidos Montreal’s Guardians of the Galaxy (winner of Best Narrative at th

• The writing in the Deus Ex games are fantastic, though Mankind Divided a little less so because Square Enix forced Eidos to chop the story up for a potential third game which will probably never be made.

• My sister suggested that we talk with him and we'll be completely honest with each other. I don't expect it to go well but I think it's time for me to confess myself and tell him how much he and my mom disappointed me with their childish actions.

OK, good luck. Expect him to interrupt you saying it's all your mom's fault and so on, and you should be prepared with something like, "Please, let us finish what we need to say, and then you can respond."

AronDracula posted: »

Change the locks. Not to scare you or anything, but if he doesn't live there anymore, he has no business just walking in. Not sure h

• Oxenfree finally updated on Consoles!
    This patch comes with bonus Radio Signal locations that tease events linked to Oxenfree II. Plus localized subtitle translations for other languages.

Been waiting for this update for a while, since I've been itching to jump back into the game for a while now. Guess I can finally do that once I find the time for it.

• I just saw that scene, and it really was awesome!

(Metallica's gotten a bit of a streaming boost like Kate Bush cause of Stranger Things now too. Hell yeah!)

No need, I found the reason, it was awesome

• edited July 2022

Now I have seen him face to face. Fortunately, there was no scandal (yet) because I went to a beach with my sister just after he arrived but it seemed like he tried to start one. I was asking nicely how he has been doing and if he was here for vacation. He then asked "Since when have I been in vacation for the last 10 years?"

It was at this point that I am convinced he never learns from his mistakes and still wants trouble by putting me in the middle of the divorce, even though it has already been a year since it happened. This all happened because I lied to him about what my mom was doing in free time, even though it was her choice.
    Being divorced is a difficult experience, I am aware but there is absolutely no excuse for him to just come to our old house all of the sudden, without any announcements and still act like an only victim around.

Right now, I am with my sister in town and I hope he is not home when I come back. If he is and tries something stupid, I'll just move to my father's.

EDIT: he is not home, thankfully but he did something stupid. He locked his luggage in the storeroom and took the keys with him without telling anyone. He didn't notice that the storeroom also has the sand bags for cats' litter and my great-aunt cannot change it without it. I honestly cannot believe how much of a reckless moron he is.

ANOTHER EDIT: he came back and now he is sleeping at our home. What a fucking dickhead.

WarpSpeed posted: »

My sister suggested that we talk with him and we'll be completely honest with each other. I don't expect it to go well but I think it's time

• To my previous comment, it is now confirmed she is the Narrative Director/writer for the next Mass Effect game. Looks like I now have a reason to finally play the new Guardians game, to see if the series is in good hands.

• Hey there, ya'll. Been a bit and I hope ya'll enjoyed and/or made it through this year's Independence Day weekend.

So first things first, Nice....jpg

But getting to the point, I was doing that thing where I finally get around to listening/watching/playing to something I've been putting off for a good while and that just so happened to include learning about this.

Speaking as someone who loved making a bunch of lists, categories, and even the occasional graphic organizer on things I enjoy, know, or create, to say that I paused for ten minutes and stared as I tried to comprehend what I was looking at is no exaggeration.

• It's horrible is what he's doing.

I am not so sure what would be best to do in that situation, but I do suggest like what WarpSpeed said and do changing the locks is probably the best way to keep him out at the moment.

AronDracula posted: »

Now I have seen him face to face. Fortunately, there was no scandal (yet) because I went to a beach with my sister just after he arrived but

• @AChicken
    It's already too late. He has his own keys.

This is probably the worst week I have ever had this summer so far. My step-dick came to our homecountry without telling anyone. When I first saw him, I was acting completely nice, I asked him how he has been doing, if he came here for vacation and he directly answered "Since when have I ever been on a vacation in the last 10 years?".

He decided to stay at our old home with me, my great-aunt and my sister, EVEN THOUGH he said a few months ago that he was done with the house that he built. This house was contracted under my mother's name only, he had no right to come into our house and consume anything that he doesn't pay for. He didn't even ask for our permission and I can't tell him anything because he would just start another fucking scandal.

I think I figured why he is here. He wants to destroy my mother's vacation, she is about to come as well with her boyfriend. For some reason, this step-motherfucker learned where my mom would stay in our country. I have no idea how, I didn't tell him shit and neither did my sister. My mother kinda accused my sister for that, she didn't totally blame her but my sister did tell her she would be honest with my step-ass and my sister obviously defended herself and said she didn't say anything to anyone about our mom. After the call, she started crying a little bit and I came and hugged her for that.

The problem isn't just my fucking step-father. My mother told me today that someone hacked into my DigiD account and stole my personal details. The company immediately deleted my account and I quickly checked my bank accounts to make sure I wasn't robbed. This made me have to subscribe to a VPN application and change my passwords.

I am such a mess right now. I just wanted to relax after my hard work with my internship but step-dad had to ruin everything for no good fucking reason. I soooo want to punch him and kick him out of the house. Hell, he deserves to go to jail. I don't ever want to speak with him ever again in my entire life.

AChicken posted: »

It's horrible is what he's doing. I am not so sure what would be best to do in that situation, but I do suggest like what WarpSpeed said and do changing the locks is probably the best way to keep him out at the moment.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

It's been a long time since I've done a video game review. I just got an EGRET II mini console, so I decided to review a pretty obscure Taito game.

https://the--adventuress.blogspot.com/2022/07/non-adventure-review-lupin-iii.html

• These days, I decided to upload short videos of me talking about secrets, easter eggs and details from horror games, being inspired by Allen Tsai who does the same thing but for the movies.

• Saw someone shoplift at a the Super Walmart and and she got detained by three cops and she said “She didn’t do anything wrong “.

Then they carried her out when she started wailing like a banshee.

• edited July 2022

even a game like this is getting a deluxe edition?

Using google translate so def room for this not being correct but it seems the plot is about building a device that'll change the universe or something? The other page says its a healing crystal or something. Also swear words including fuck, shit, bitch, dick. Then alcohol and drugs and bodily damage.

Also I cant remember if its suppose to come out this summer or be revealed this summer.

dojo32161 posted: »

@Poogers555 Get your ass ready. https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1545289233367285760

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2022

Today is the 15th anniversary of one of the great cartoons of all time, Total Drama. Total Drama Island, the first season, is easily one of the best debut seasons for any show: great characters, awesome humor, and interesting twists and turns. Later seasons, especially Action and World Tour were great too. The Canadians really know how to make a killer cartoon - even the theme song, my golly, one of the greatest of all time. So catchy, so 2000s, so awesome:

I've been watching this show since it came on the U.S. 14 years ago, and I am stoked for the next two seasons on HBO Max. Hoping for some Duncan, Owen, and Harold action. And of course, campers, it wouldn't be TD without Chris McLean.

Show is on Netflix, as well as YouTube (whole seasons!). I highly recommend.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Revealed this Summer, released in two or three months after that, IIRC.

Poogers555 posted: »

even a game like this is getting a deluxe edition? Using google translate so def room for this not being correct but it seems the plo

• I prefer this version

Today is the 15th anniversary of one of the great cartoons of all time, Total Drama. Total Drama Island, the first season, is easily one of

• edited July 2022

Preppin up for when we finally see Vaughn shit his pants

• Ooh, they got 7 seasons worth on Netflix here.

I've never seen it myself, but when I was in residence, I'd often hear my roommate binging it late at night in his room. Sounded like a Survivor-type parody?
    I know there's memes of the host being super unhinged or something.

Today is the 15th anniversary of one of the great cartoons of all time, Total Drama. Total Drama Island, the first season, is easily one of

I only saw Total Drama Island, and that season was definitely a Survivor parody.

It's not one of my favorite cartoons, but it's decent.

Ooh, they got 7 seasons worth on Netflix here. I've never seen it myself, but when I was in residence, I'd often hear my roommate binging

• The first few seasons are great, and yeah, it definitely aims to parody some of these reality competition shows.

Ooh, they got 7 seasons worth on Netflix here. I've never seen it myself, but when I was in residence, I'd often hear my roommate binging

• Yeah, it's a cartoon of a reality TV show. Survivor is the strongest influence on the main series - contestants are competing for a cash prize, they compete in challenges, first on teams and then individually (after the merge), at the end of most episodes, one contestant is voted out* and they "who can never come back...ever." Rinse repeat, next episode. Along the way, there's drama: friendships are made, romances are kindled, and rivalries are fostered.

The first six seasons on Netflix all follow the format, although they each had a different "spin" on the concept. Season 7, the Ridonculous Race, is actually a spin-off, with a new host and is based off the Amazing Race. Season 3, Total Drama: World Tour had the similiar globe-trotting element, but with the Survivor rules.

• Most of the time. Some challenges are reward challenges or just non-elimination stuff. Other times people are eliminated because they lost a specific challenge OR other, non-game related matters.

• I am high on THEATRE ENERGY tonight!! 🥳

We just had a very solid performance, my folks were there to see it, other cast members families were there, it was really tight and playful and fun! Super satisfied all around right now.

(Don’t think I mentioned it, but I am in a professional performance right now. Super lucky and grateful to my friends for coming up with something for the Fringe festival so soon out of school and letting me be a part of it)

👏 🎉 HELL YES :grin: 👏

• Wow, Metallica has been getting some good use in a lot of media lately.

First you had Master of Puppets in Marvel’s Midnight Suns trailer.

Then, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 trailer using Wherever I May Roam.

Stranger Things comes in with one of the greatest TV scenes of all time, using Master as well.

And now Westworld used a string version of Enter Sandman.

Man, what a time to be a Metallica fan.

• I also got an ad about Metallica while going through youtube on my phone.

Wow, Metallica has been getting some good use in a lot of media lately. First you had Master of Puppets in Marvel’s Midnight Suns trailer

• Great interview with voice actor Chuck Kourouklis! If you're still reading these forums, chances are you've heard him in one place or another. ;)

https://samandmax.co.uk/articles/interview-with-chuck-kourouklis/

• A new mini Kirby game announced this morning and it's been on my mind all day.
    If the price isn't high (30$ at max?) I'm getting this day 1. I just don't see why they can't specify when in Summer 2022 it's out

• Smol Adorable Kirby
    • Become a big Chonk
    • The BEEGEST Chonk wins
    • 3D Gourmet Race vibes
    • Why are people calling this "Kirby Fall Guys"? :unamused:

• Isn’t that Hershel, Toad, and Bufkin’s VA?

Great interview with voice actor Chuck Kourouklis! If you're still reading these forums, chances are you've heard him in one place or another. https://samandmax.co.uk/articles/interview-with-chuck-kourouklis/

• I passed the internship for my third year of college. I can FINALLY relax this summer because it is the first time in my college period that I don't have ANY resits to complete in summer in order to move on. Now I have only one year left and I can finally get out of this shithole.

• RIP for making my childhood great

• edited July 2022

IMDb says:

• 2009 - Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God - Ferryman (voice)
    • 2010 - Tales of Monkey Island - Ferryman
    • 2010 - Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Dr. Norrington (segments "They stole Max's brain" - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" - "The City that dares not sleep")
    • 2011 - Law & Order: Legacies - EADA Jack McCoy
    • 2012 - The Walking Dead - Hershel Greene
    • 2013 - The Wolf Among Us - Toad / Bufkin

I don't know if he's coming back for the new Wolf. We'll see.

Isn’t that Hershel, Toad, and Bufkin’s VA?

• If not for Toad, he should come back for Bufkin. Or someone new. I wonder who else is returning. Bigby, Snow both confirmed. I think Woodsman could return because he has the same VA as Bigby. Bluebeard will most likely return.

IMDb says: * 2009 - Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God - Ferryman (voice) * 2010 - Tales of Monkey Island - Fe

• Is the new Thor any good?

• It has its issues but I had fun with it. Tis a silly movie.

Is the new Thor any good?

• Natalie Portman Thor is the main thing preventing me from seeing it. Not a fan of hers. Didn’t see the first two, was happy she wasn’t in Ragnorak when i saw it and other movies.

lupinb0y posted: »

It has its issues but I had fun with it. Tis a silly movie.

• Oh God please no. They’re really fucking doing this? They will spit on the graves of Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul by “reuniting” Pantera. Without those two, there is no Pantera, THIS is not Pantera. This is a mistake.

• This took too damn fucking long. Jim Thorpe was one of the greatest American athletes of all time, the stripping of his Olympic medals was unjustified and wrong, even the IOC recognized they shouldn't had done it decades ago. Glad to see they are finally righting this wrong.

I'm replaying the Yakuza series with the intent of reviewing them all on my blog.
    I already reviewed Yakuza 0, but I decided to replay it again anyway to finish it on Legend difficulty and to complete the real estate and cabaret manager storylines and to get more achievements.

Yakuza Kiwami was fun to replay. I remembered the main story, but I had forgotten many side missions. I also finally completed it on Legend difficulty, which is really hard because you have to start the whole chapter again if you fail the rail-shooting part.

I'm replaying through Yakuza 2 Kiwami now, so no review yet. But I did notice that it reminded me of King of the Hill, of all things. The humor is all about a conservative Luddite with a big heart dealing with the modern society around him. Although, Hank solves his problems with his brain, and Kiryu does it with his fists.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.