Wolf Among Us: Season 2 - Pre-release news thread: Delayed Out of 2023

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited March 2023 in The Wolf Among Us

Pre-Season News thread

Here, you can check back often at our Pre-Season News thread to check in on news and updates about how the series is coming along. We compile news and updates here for your convenience, but feel free to also make your own threads to discuss news and updates as well!

News:

Comments

• It's been a long time since we've had one of these...

• Honestly it's nostalgic as hell.

dojo32161 posted: »

It's been a long time since we've had one of these...

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2022

When the series is closer to release, we'll (maaaybe) make an Episode Waiting Thread. However, this is a "Pre-release news" thread. We're just compiling news here, but you guys are welcome and encouraged to make your own threads for news/etc.

This isn't like the old school Episode Waiting threads, so feel free to make your own individual threads to discuss news and updates! :)

If/when we make a megathread like the old days, it'll be when we are weeks away from the 2023 Season Premiere.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It feels a bit strange as it has been so long.

dojo32161 posted: »

It's been a long time since we've had one of these...

• edited March 2022

I do miss these kinds of threads! I used to love them whenever a new episode or game was coming out! It would always seem to hype me up more for the game. Glad we are getting them again! :smile: Completely off topic but I would really like for TellTale to release the season/episode pictures in HD because I used to love setting the Batman pictures as my wallpaper on my desktop :blush:

• The pics at https://www.telltale.com/the-wolf-among-us-2/ may look small, but they're actually high-resolution, which you can see if you click on one of them. Try those on your desktop 'til they release more! :)

I do miss these kinds of threads! I used to love them whenever a new episode or game was coming out! It would always seem to hype me up more

• Oh cool! I’ll try those out! Because I love their pics they look amazing as wallpapers :smile:

WarpSpeed posted: »

The pics at https://www.telltale.com/the-wolf-among-us-2/ may look small, but they're actually high-resolution, which you can see if you click on one of them. Try those on your desktop 'til they release more!

• I am getting older and older while waiting this game. :s

• IM SO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON 2 SO ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN CHOOSE MY SAVE FROM SEASON ONE AND TRANSFER IT ALSO WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT AND WHERE DO I BUY I HAVE THE FIRST SEASON FOR XBOX?

• im so excited i just cant hide it

• edited July 2022

well i just hope i get to kiss snow at the most this time that would be such a nice heart warming moment

• yep cant wait

• edited March 2023

The most Telltale will say right now is 2023 sometime. Keep an eye out.

Edit: Try 2024.

• Honestly I feel at this point it will be a fall release. Probably in October so that it can be like 10 year anniversary since the release of The Wolf Among Us Season 1. I just want the game to come out already I have been hyped since the announcement of this game back during the Game Awards and still remain hyped for it!

• Apparently many news sources are saying that game has been delayed to 2024. I don’t mind as long as it’s done for the right reasons and that the game is polished. Well there goes my theory on a ten year anniversary edition. Haha

• HELL YEAH BABY, WOLF AMONG US 2

When I heard was eggstastic. I've been obsessed with this game since forever (used to be active in the forums yes i know no one remembers me)

Telltale was one of my inspirations for doing illustrations and art for videogames, too bad you guys aren't hiring, what I wouldn't give to see the behind the scenes.

No worries about the delays, it only means that the game will have more time to be developed and polished, I see that as an absolute win.

I'll be one of the first people in line when it happens letsgoooooooooooooo

• IDC how long it takes... I am still excited for this game.

• If the expanse is any telling to the future of telltale…. I’m sad to say i wish it had just stayed defunct… game is terrible and terribly short

• So far, we're all hoping that TWAU2, a fully Telltale game, will be better than The Expanse, which is mostly Deck Nine. We'll see when it gets here.

If the expanse is any telling to the future of telltale…. I’m sad to say i wish it had just stayed defunct… game is terrible and terribly short

• edited August 2023

For what it's worth, The Expanse is pretty much Deck Nine developed/Telltale published, so there's a very high chance that future games will feel different. (Unless they partner up with Deck Nine again.)

EDIT: Oh no, ninja'd. :(

If the expanse is any telling to the future of telltale…. I’m sad to say i wish it had just stayed defunct… game is terrible and terribly short

• It's 2024, and I hope I can play it this year

• edited January 18

To be fair, Deck Nine handled the development side of the game like you said but of course Telltale was probably a bit of help since they did publish it, however I agree that Telltale’s games are lot different in terms of feel compared to Deck Nine’s. So I prefer they make something similar to TWD The Final Season in terms of gameplay.

Pipas posted: »

For what it's worth, The Expanse is pretty much Deck Nine developed/Telltale published, so there's a very high chance that future games will feel different. (Unless they partner up with Deck Nine again.) EDIT: Oh no, ninja'd.

• still waiting

Sign in to comment in this discussion.