The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• OMG how the frick did I miss this. I'm surprised it managed to get taken down from the Internet Archive

lupinb0y posted: »

If anyone's interest, the full length animatic for the now twice cancelled Popeyes animated movie directed by Genndy Tartakovsky has been le

• Only the good TWD games though

So, you get Telltale's Walking Dead S1, S2, S3:ANF, Michonne, the Final Season, The Definitive Series, and Saints & Sinners VR.

AChicken posted: »

An epic Walking Dead games deal that is probably 90% irrelevant to everyone who still frequents these forums. A 10-Year Anniversary Colle

• Regular might as well be half a bag's worth. Always go for the smallest size they got, not only is it cheaper, but it will be more than enough to tide you over.

But there is nothing like getting an entire bags worth of fries, even when you ask for a small, when you get your order. Seriously, they thr

• I think one of the forums former members got their Steam account compromised or something, they sent me message asking me if I could vote for their logo on some esports league website. All well and good so far, except when I googled the league, nothing came up, the logos are taken from some random vector art site, and when you try to vote it asks you to sign in on Steam and de-activate your Steam authenticator. On top of that, their english got progressively more broken as I argued that I wasn't going to compromise my security and vote on their shady ass website.

Then they ended the conversation with a "don't say w/ me anymore."

Fuckin' RIP.

• edited August 2022

SUS. PICIOUS. Definitely hacked if they're asking you to deactivate the one firewall between being logged in or not.
    I'm surprised you clicked on the link too! Don't do that! :#
    (I've heard there's been a Discord scam like this in the past -- but with a way more malicious code. The moment you click on said "look at this" link, it scrubs your computer for a keyboard history, finds your password, changes your account details, all in a few split seconds!)

Spill the beans! Whose account do we gotta avoid for the time being?

I think one of the forums former members got their Steam account compromised or something, they sent me message asking me if I could vote fo

• I'm surprised you clicked on the link too! Don't do that! :#

Lol it didn't seem suspicious at the time since the website didn't get any kind of ping from my anti-virus. I did a full virus sweep after that and I'm in the clear thankfully. Seems more like it's a scam just to get control of your Steam account if anything since it specifically asks to disable the security for that. Maybe to sell or or hold it for ransom idk.

Spill the beans! Whose account do we gotta avoid for the time being?

I believe their name on here was AutisticGamer but on Steam they had a different name (unfortunately I forgot what it was lmao and they unfriended me soon after). They've talked to me on Steam in the past before so I didn't really think of it as being anything malicious.

SUS. PICIOUS. Definitely hacked if they're asking you to deactivate the one firewall between being logged in or not. I'm surprised you clic

• edited August 2022

Twitter be draggin' this recent trailer spot for Forspoken through the mud. Thoughts?

I think it's way too cheesy. The vibe I've been getting from the trailers and the game world is very high-action, high-fantasy stuff. This self-aware, self-referential dialogue comes across really annoying and dull, like it needs to spoon-feed the excitement through the words on the page instead of just seeing it unfold.
    Maybe it's just a bad trailer, but I've kind of got that vibe from other pre-release trailers from this.

• Everything I've seen in terms of gameplay has looked super solid if a bit overwhelming, since everytime they show it there always seems to be a new power, but bejeezus the writing is... something else.

Twitter be draggin' this recent trailer spot for Forspoken through the mud. Thoughts? https://twitter.com/Forspoken/status/15566793788928

• Kirby's Dream Buffet is confirmed to be coming out worldwide on August 17th. 15$USD or 20$CAD and I couldn't be happier. Perfect price for what I assume is just a standalone Kirby side-game.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2022

I'm halfway through the Kiryu saga now (with a side trip to 199x - I'll review Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise soon). I'm on chapter 10 of Yakuza 3. I haven't completed any remastered Yakuza games before, so it's been fun to get the PS4 achievements.

Yakuza 3 is interesting as it seems like a testing board for gameplay mechanics for their future games. It's got the bounty hunting of Lost Paradise plus trailing suspects and solving a murder case of the Judgment games.

Here are my reviews so far: Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza Kiwami 2: Majima Saga, plus, for completeness, my Yakuza 0 review from 2015.

• Well, I am now officially one week out from shoulder surgery. Taking off this next week from work so I can get some of the things I want to do before I won't be able to for several months. Golf, going to the gym, being able to sleep in my own bed (doctor requests that I need to sleep upright in a recliner so I don't roll over), stuff like that.

On the bright side, since I will be out of work for two months, I'll take it as a chance to get caught up on some reading and some gaming. Already have something in mind, a series that I have not been able to shut up about since I played it last year.

• Interviews are scary and anxiety inducing. Had two recently.

One for TIFF in September, one for Starbucks.
    Both went well, Starbucks said I had good energy.

TIFF didn't respond (deadline was Wednesday). Starbucks did (deadline was today). I got the job! Wooooo

• pirating games. i just go play games maybe go outside and thats it i reviewed some movies i watched the whole ilumination franchise and i sign a petition and advertise it at reddit, this website, my friends, and yeah thats it

• just realized new tales from the borderlands kinda has to be at gamescon

• yeah small Telltale related stuff seems to be Geoff Keighley's thing at his events.

Just about 8 days left until the opening stream. Prepare your bomb shelters now

Poogers555 posted: »

just realized new tales from the borderlands kinda has to be at gamescon

• edited August 2022

thinking about my life. and how minecraft story mode has an active fanbase still. (drinking chuckie)

• Forbes published an article about a new show in the works at Wonderstorm (creators of The Dragon Prince). This new show is called Bonders, key snippets from the article, found here

• An animated short was shown at SDCC, this short has not been released to the public. This was not a full episode, but rather a demo
    • It's sci-fi, whereas TDP is fantasy. Primarily focuses on a group of cadets at a training school for pilots. There, these cadets are paired with Bonders (described as Transformers that bond to people). These bonders can take multiple forms.
    • Main characters are brothers Edison and Tyler. Edison suffers from cerebral palsy but has learned to fly through at-home simulations.
    • Edison is played by Zach Anner, who also suffers from cerebral palsy. Originally asked to just come in as a consultant, he was eventually given the role as Edison.
    • Aaron Ehasz (co-founder of Wonderstorm) said show was inspired by love for action movies such as Top Gun and Robotech, as well as his son being born with autism and feeling inferior to others.
    • They are approaching this to be both a TV show and a game. They enlisted the help of Epic Games for demo as it was made in Unreal Engine 4. Justin Richmond (other co-founder) calls Wonderstorm an "Unreal studio" and it will make moving into AAA gaming easier because of this show.
    • Quote from Richmond: "We believe that the future of entertainment is an even closer marrying of gaming and linear media, and this is the first step in that process for us. Unreal is letting us push the creative thesis of our company by removing the technological seams between storytelling and game development.”
    • Have teamed up with Terry Redfield of Niantic (developer of AR games), who sees potential of Bonders to be AR mobile game. By the sound of it, good progress has already been made on the game.
    • Article briefly mentions a partnership between Wonderstorm and eSports. No details were given about partnership, but it has to do with Bonders.
    • No release date was given, not confirmed if it will be on Netflix.

Also attached are some screenshots

• I missed this comment. Five Guys is in my humble opinion the greatest burger place in the world. It used to be significantly cheaper, but they realized they could rise prices. You must return. Their milkshakes are good, their burgers are good, those fries, well, you already know the fries are good.

A Five Guys opened up their first branch where I'm at so I went and tried it out. It's actually pretty solid overall, the burger was nice

• Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3, excellent game. Definitely recommend the series for anyone who hasn't, all three are on Switch.

• It's coming.

• Good news is Rhys and Fiona arent main characters.

Bad news is that "Fran's yogurt" guy is a playable character which means fuckin Rhys walks into yogurt place asking for pickled yogurt

• OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

It's coming.

• edited August 2022

Oh God. Are they really taking a throwaway joke from BL3 and making an entire game centered around that character? With these writers, it wouldn't surprise me, and considering the description I just read, it lines up

Good news is Rhys and Fiona arent main characters. Bad news is that "Fran's yogurt" guy is a playable character which means fuckin Rhys walks into yogurt place asking for pickled yogurt

• Anyway, I'm actually very interested to see more from this, it'll be neat to see how a co-production will go.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1559933068072271872

• Bad news is that "Fran's yogurt" guy is a playable character which means fuckin Rhys walks into yogurt place asking for pickled yogurt

Could I have some context please, I never finished BL3 so I have no idea what this is referring to.

Good news is Rhys and Fiona arent main characters. Bad news is that "Fran's yogurt" guy is a playable character which means fuckin Rhys walks into yogurt place asking for pickled yogurt

• Rhys says random funny funny hahaha swear its funny please laugh about his favorite parts of Prometha being blown up and at one point Fran's Frozen Frogurt is threatened and he gets real upset about it.

Bad news is that "Fran's yogurt" guy is a playable character which means fuckin Rhys walks into yogurt place asking for pickled yogurt Could I have some context please, I never finished BL3 so I have no idea what this is referring to.

• Everyone talking about Borderlands when I come here to out-of-nowhere say "FUCK THE DRAGON GOD FROM DEMON'S SOULS!!!!"

• WB-Discovery just removed plenty of kids' and animated programming off of HBO Max in the US, as far as I know.
    That also includes some pretty popular Cartoon Network x HBO Max originals like Close Enough and Infinity Train.

I am livid (for you americans), though thankfully some things like Close Enough have released internationally on Netflix here.

Some people have reacted with worry over other upcoming projects like The Venture Bros reboot and the Gumball Movie and new series. It would freakin suck for those fans to have those get axed at this stage after waiting so long... though maybe it's best they leave this ship before it sinks (and find another service).

• Yeah, this is some absolute bullshit they're doing. Some of those shows have episodes that were announced to be coming to the platform days after they're being pulled, like Victor and Valentino and Summer Camp Island. God, why has Infinity Train just been treated this way time and time again?

WB-Discovery just removed plenty of kids' and animated programming off of HBO Max in the US, as far as I know. That also includes some pret

• They didn't even inform the creators of their original content they were doing this...

Absolutely despicable. 90 "David Zaslav" Fiancé is the worst thing to happen to scripted-based programming in a long time.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, this is some absolute bullshit they're doing. Some of those shows have episodes that were announced to be coming to the platform days

• The disrespect networks and studios have for animation is insane.

When the pandemic started places like Netflix used animation as a way to provide entertainment in order to get around lockdowns and social distancing, and animation was flourishing with some of the best tv shows and movies I've seen in the medium in some time, but as soon as things started getting better and restrictions lightened up it's like none of it mattered. Fuck the dinosaur ass troglodytes making these decisions.

WB-Discovery just removed plenty of kids' and animated programming off of HBO Max in the US, as far as I know. That also includes some pret

• by this point we just need an animation-based streaming service. its the only hope left of preserving and respecting this medium in a legal widespread format

The disrespect networks and studios have for animation is insane. When the pandemic started places like Netflix used animation as a way t

• edited August 2022

no fucking way

I need to find something to cheer me up today this is all just awful

• They've also removed tweets mentioning the series... it's looking like they're going to tax write off one of the best series currently out there. This is some bullshit.

no fucking way https://twitter.com/thecartooncrave/status/1560318664636768257 I need to find something to cheer me up today this is all just awful

dojo32161 posted: »

They've also removed tweets mentioning the series... it's looking like they're going to tax write off one of the best series currently out there. This is some bullshit. https://twitter.com/cnschedules/status/1560320678233968640

• Had my surgery earlier this morning, finally feel decent enough to be able to type. The good news is that the tear to my labrum wasn’t as bad as initially thought. They also detached and reattached the bicep tendon to a different part of my arm due to some tendinitis. The bad news is the rotator cuff was a little more torn than initially believed, but not dramatically. That might slow my recovery, but hopefully not by much.

Unfortunately, I also had what felt like a panic attack earlier, definitely spurred by the nausea and anxiety of the anesthesia. That was not fun, never experienced one before and hopefully never will again, that shit was scary. Right now, just trying to recover and relax, the numbing agent is wearing off and the pain is starting to be felt. But, hopefully with the labrum not being as bad and the placement of the bicep tendon, I won’t be in the sling as long as I thought.

• I'm so sorry about that Metallica. I hope the recovery is swift and as painless as it can be.

Had my surgery earlier this morning, finally feel decent enough to be able to type. The good news is that the tear to my labrum wasn’t as ba

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2022

I feel for you. Panic attacks are terrifying.

I hope you have a quick recovery and it goes well for you.

Here's the Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise review: https://tinyurl.com/fotnsreview

I'm now on Yakuza 4, which has my favorite brawler protagonist in the Yakuza series, Shun Akiyama.

I'll post my Yakuza 3 review soon.

Had my surgery earlier this morning, finally feel decent enough to be able to type. The good news is that the tear to my labrum wasn’t as ba

• edited August 2022

Thank you both @InGen_Nate_Kenny and @Jennifer. And ingen, you are killing it lately with the TFTBL memes

Sign in to comment in this discussion.