New Tales from the Borderlands Thread - Welcome To The Nuclear Fallout

Comments

• Where did you hear Eric Stirpe was at Remedy, most of his latest work seems to be a bunch of Fortnite stuff with Epic.

dojo32161 posted: »

I compiled this a few months as to where writers/directors from TFTB currently are: Writers Pierre Shorette - CCO at AdHoc (Making wol

• However I think Rhys does appear at one point in the story from what the trailer showed I’m not sure if it’s him though. Also I really wish they would’ve brought Rhys and Fiona back in a new game instead of the new cast they have. But I’ll probably end up getting the game anyway 😝😝

• It's on his LinkedIn, Lead Writer at Remedy, he left Epic Games in January of this year.

Where did you hear Eric Stirpe was at Remedy, most of his latest work seems to be a bunch of Fortnite stuff with Epic.

• It's definitely him, seems to be crying about a Zer0 figure being sold.

However I think Rhys does appear at one point in the story from what the trailer showed I’m not sure if it’s him though. Also I really wish

• So, boys. Did Rhys scream sound like Ray or Troy :grin:

• Anyway, looking up more info and:

Vaultlanders is a minigame where you battle to the death (with small plastic figures). Throughout the story, there are surprise encounters where you’ll need to engage in plastic figurine warfare, attacking and dodging the enemy figurine via quick time events (QTEs). These battles are for keeps, as the victor takes the loser’s Vaultlander for their collection! As you play, you can acquire more Vaultlanders through glorious combat and by finding them hidden throughout the environment.

A minigame is kind of neat to have, I suppose.

• edited August 2022

Pretty sure this will just be lead to some crypto jokes cuz Rhys is DUMB!!!

It's definitely him, seems to be crying about a Zer0 figure being sold.

• edited August 2022

Guys. I think Bruner house is who Randy was talking about.

https://www.brunerhouse.com/

(There's no blog post saying they are working on it, but the front page has New Tales so take that as you will.)

• Maybe, but you would expect their logo on the trailer, if that were the case.

Poogers555 posted: »

Guys. I think Bruner house is who Randy was talking about. https://www.brunerhouse.com/ (There's no blog post saying they are working on it, but the front page has New Tales so take that as you will.)

• edited August 2022

Checked his twitter, looks like he is involved. My guess is by "some original members" it means Bruner and they probably just outsourced like 2 other people at Bruner House. (Kind of how Tales doesnt credit Gearbox as developers despite they did help with the game.)

Maybe, but you would expect their logo on the trailer, if that were the case.

• Bruner House being involved has to be Randy's worst magic trick, man.

• edited August 2022

Bruh.

Now the question is who is working at Bruner house at the moment then. I remember reading a while back he hired some of the original Telltale devs. (which is pretty ridiculous since everyone seemed to hate the guy lol)

Guys. I think Bruner house is who Randy was talking about. https://www.brunerhouse.com/ (There's no blog post saying they are working on it, but the front page has New Tales so take that as you will.)

• I only know a few as well, but off the top of my head none of them were writers or directors on Tales.

Pipas posted: »

Bruh. Now the question is who is working at Bruner house at the moment then. I remember reading a while back he hired some of the original Telltale devs. (which is pretty ridiculous since everyone seemed to hate the guy lol)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2022

Checked his twitter, looks like he is involved. My guess is by "some original members" it means Bruner and they probably just outsourced lik

• I want to die

• Screenshots from the Steam Store page:

• Well, the Bruner House website has a New TFTB video on its front page... fucking Hell

Checked his twitter, looks like he is involved. My guess is by "some original members" it means Bruner and they probably just outsourced lik

• Connor Cleary is the Telltale writer who went to Gearbox. He worked on GOTG and Batman s2.

I learned this from YouTube comments months ago, of all places!

I compiled this a few months as to where writers/directors from TFTB currently are: Writers Pierre Shorette - CCO at AdHoc (Making wol

• Tweet about Fiona and Sasha. I guess they aren't in this game.

• That trailer...

• All I see in this tweet is a bag of lies.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Tweet about Fiona and Sasha. I guess they aren't in this game. https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1562154869917569025

• I guess that was too be expected. So it seems the reality is no one who worked as a writer or director is involved, but a writer who worked at Telltale after Tales wrapped is what we consider "original" for this game. Then Kevin Bruner as well.

I assume Bruner House probably has a few more, but honestly something tells me Bruner was a consultant or something. Either way, pretty shitty to act like the game has "original devs" when it doesn't.

Also the irony of the guy who wanted to axe Tales from the Borderlands after episode 3 gets to work on the next game.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Connor Cleary is the Telltale writer who went to Gearbox. He worked on GOTG and Batman s2. I learned this from YouTube comments months ago, of all places!

• edited August 2022

Wanting New Tales to flop so Gearbox won't rope in Fiona and Sasha and flanderize them in the future but knowing full well if it flops the chances of a proper Tales 2 from Telltale will never happen

• edited August 2022

Someone really thinks the Strongfork joke is the funniest thing in the world

• I didn't hate the trailer but the dialogue certainly got a bit... grating, which is something I probably should have expected considering it's Gearbox.

• I assume Bruner House probably has a few more, but honestly something tells me Bruner was a consultant or something. Either way, pretty shitty to act like the game has "original devs" when it doesn't.

I can't believe they brought him back of all people considering how vocal former Telltale staff were about his abuse and how he tried to get the first game canned midway through development because it wasn't selling well enough.

I guess that was too be expected. So it seems the reality is no one who worked as a writer or director is involved, but a writer who worked

• Bruner stuff is always weird. I mean so many people bad talked him and then went to work for Bruner House. Like I understand that he was making similar games I am sure most people who went to work there were interested in so they may have figured it was better than working on something they don't want to, but still it is a very strange situation.

But the whole thing with how he wanted to can Tales does really irk me to be honest. Dude wanted to just go "eh nevermind" half way through a season and pull the plug and made a skeleton crew finish up the game, but now he can just be involved with the next outing?

Hey remember to boycott Wolf 2 everyone because it isn't the original devs!

lupinb0y posted: »

I assume Bruner House probably has a few more, but honestly something tells me Bruner was a consultant or something. Either way, pretty shit

• I don’t recall Telltale wanting to can Tales from the Borderlands. When was this?

Bruner stuff is always weird. I mean so many people bad talked him and then went to work for Bruner House. Like I understand that he was mak

• If there's one small positive I can say about the trailer aside from Anu (lab coat lady), is that Lou13 honestly seems pretty cool from the glimpses we got.

• In an interview about the games development, about half way through the season management wanted to essentially say screw it and pull the team apart to work on other things because Tales wasn't making money. Managements goal was basically to just pump out the last 2 episodes regardless of quality or length. (Basically what happened with TWAU's last 2 episodes, but to a larger degree as Tales had 2 long breaks between episodes compared to Wolf's 1) The leads basically had to make a deal to keep going with a skeleton crew rather than just pump out 2 extremely short and rushed episodes.

I don’t recall Telltale wanting to can Tales from the Borderlands. When was this?

• That’s terrible! I really enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands. But props to the team for making an excellent game those last two were amazing so even though it was less employees working on it, it was still an amazing experience that more people should play.

In an interview about the games development, about half way through the season management wanted to essentially say screw it and pull the te

• Sorry that I was occupied earlier in the day. I have a gif, although it's a different kind of explosion. I made it myself - it has been a long time since I've done that:

AChicken posted: »

@InGen_Nate_Kenny you got any explosion-related gifs? I feel like we might need it after today to best describe what's going to happen...

• Well, Rhys is in the game, that's something.

I'm impressed with the graphic quality and art style, although I wasn't particularly taken by the dialogue. I get it's a trailer and all though. I agree that the robot looks pretty cool, and the mini-game looks kind of fun. I guess I'm just...well, I don't know, indifferent? I want to be excited though, I want a good fun, good fun, very fun game. But maybe I'm not optimistic that'll come.

• edited August 2022

Bruner approaching former staff for his new studio like

"Baby you gotta believe me, I'm different now, I'm a changed man! Just give me one more chance!"

Bruner stuff is always weird. I mean so many people bad talked him and then went to work for Bruner House. Like I understand that he was mak

• I want to be excited though, I want a good fun, good fun, very fun game. But maybe I'm not optimistic that'll come.

Same here. I don't really feel it when I see the trailer. Look like it was fun and interesting. But,not optimistic about it. Dialogue didn't even do it for me when I heard in this trailer. Not to mention no Sasha or Fiona. Especially Sasha. I don't feel like I ain't going to play it. It looks just like I don't want to play at all.

Well, Rhys is in the game, that's something. I'm impressed with the graphic quality and art style, although I wasn't particularly taken b

• edited August 2022

I decided I'll be giving this shot after talking with a friend. I'm still weary in aspects but I just really miss this style of narrative. (5 eps, QTEs, constant dialog trees). Will be active in the forums when this drops by playing an episode a day and discussing it like an og telltale game.

• edited August 2022

Looks like the trend of the best character being a robot might continue.

He definitely has some potential, though to be fair, we haven't heard him talk yet. Who knows what kind of "quirky" and "cool" dialogue has Gearbox in store for him.

If there's one small positive I can say about the trailer aside from Anu (lab coat lady), is that Lou13 honestly seems pretty cool from the glimpses we got.

• Lou13 should be loud, angry and have access to a time machine, and whenever he's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Lou13?"

Pipas posted: »

Looks like the trend of the best character being a robot might continue. He definitely has some potential, though to be fair, we haven't heard him talk yet. Who knows what kind of "quirky" and "cool" dialogue has Gearbox in store for him.

• edited August 2022

Can we please just boycott that Star Trek game? The fanbase deserves a much better game than one made by a studio killer.

In an interview about the games development, about half way through the season management wanted to essentially say screw it and pull the te

• Definitely not based and howiepilled.

bloop posted: »

That trailer...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.