Future game info guessing game

edited June 2006 in General Chat
Owing to the fact that I have excessive time on my hands, I have devised a game for us to play. It involves stating what date you think we'll get our first in depth information on the next Bone game. Telltale employees are not only allowed to enter but enthusiastically invited to. Hell, do it for Sam & Max and whatever unannounced project Telltale have going as well if you like. The person who gets the closest date wins the right to post and/or follow a link to said info.

My guess for Bone 3 is June 14. I base this on the fact that as far as I remember, the first indepth information on the Great Cow Race came in an Adventure Gamers interview on November 17, roughly two months after the release of Out From Boneville.

Like I said, I have far too much time on my hands, and the fact that I'm posting this sober, at home on a Friday night (which I assure you is not a regular occurrence) makes me feel as ashamed as you undoubtedly think I should.

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Like I said, I have far too much time on my hands, and the fact that I'm posting this sober, at home on a Friday night (which I assure you is not a regular occurrence) makes me feel as ashamed as you undoubtedly think I should.
    Getting drunk is overrated.
  • edited June 2006
    Hell, do it for Sam & Max and whatever unannounced project Telltale have going as well if you like. The person who gets the closest date wins the right to post and/or follow a link to said info.

Announcement for Blade Runner episodic games to come in September (say, the 1st) in time with the DVD re-release, and games to start next year to coincide with the 25th anniversary edition and DVD box set.

[[-o<]
  • edited June 2006
    Announcement for Blade Runner episodic games to come in September (say, the 1st) in time with the DVD re-release, and games to start next year to coincide with the 25th anniversary edition and DVD box set.

[[-o<]
    Hey that would actually work well with the rain techniques I hope Telltale are developing to translate the atmosphere of Eyes of the Storm properly (both Bladerunner and Eyes of the Storm have a real weight, oppressiveness and beauty to the rain that I rarely see pulled off in games.)
    Getting drunk is overrated.
    Yeah, well I have too limited a budget and insufficient connections for safe access to any better drugs so drunkenness is all I've got. I'd also be fascinated to know why you felt the need to seize upon one word in a throwaway statement at the end of my post.
  • edited June 2006
    I'd also be fascinated to know why you felt the need to seize upon one word in a throwaway statement at the end of my post.
    Because I'm like that. I always go after the details. Also, I don't like your game. ;)
  • edited June 2006
    Prison Break game episodes coming in the fall!
  • edited June 2006
    Also, I don't like your game. ;)
    Yeah, I admit it's pretty crappy and scarcely qualifies as a game. It was more a way of exorcising my shame over having actually worked out a timeline of how Telltale had released info on The Great Cow Race and applying it to Bone 3. Also, it was a halfassed attempt at fishing for information on when we'll get some real information.
    Prison Break game episodes coming in the fall!
    Jesus, I hope not.

(Yes, I realise the ensuing text entirely misses the point of my own thread.) It would be cool if Telltale took up the mantle of Deadwood following the TV series' conclusion. There's a rabid fanbase, a rich setting with limitless potential and it would take advantage of the fact that Telltale exists beyond the wretched clutches (I was going to say "slimey tentacles" but to put them in a category anywhere near Cthulhu would do Him a disservice) of the ESRB. Philip Marlowe would be wonderful too. Jasper Morello and his world have something of a hold on me as well. Really, I'm just hoping for something with a really dense, intense atmosphere for me to sink my teeth into. It must be really irritating for Telltale to see people like me constantly demanding that they make a commitment to a myriad of things they likely have no interest in.
  • edited June 2006
    Yeah, I admit it's pretty crappy and scarcely qualifies as a game. It was more a way of exorcising my shame over having actually worked out a timeline of how Telltale had released info on The Great Cow Race and applying it to Bone 3. Also, it was a halfassed attempt at fishing for information on when we'll get some real information.
    Well, the idea behind it is good. :D

The true reason I don't like the game is because I always lose at guessing dates.
  • edited June 2006
    Deadwood? naa The Wire game would be awesome.. :D
  • edited June 2006
    Prison break would be an interesting game.... I'd rather telltale stick to their cartoony type games.
  • edited June 2006
    I'd like to see Telltale making as diverse a selection of games as possible. In the cartoony sort of category though, like Looney Tunes would be good and still fairly distinct from Sam & Max and Bone. I just hope they continue to get the IP they deserve (i.e. a minimum of languishing in Bruckheimerland.)
  • edited June 2006
    hey does anyone know if a vampyre story is still alive? I heard about this game a long time ago but it seems like the release date keeps getting pushed back. It seems like the duke nukem forever of adventure games.
  • edited June 2006
    hey does anyone know if a vampyre story is still alive? I heard about this game a long time ago but it seems like the release date keeps getting pushed back. It seems like the duke nukem forever of adventure games.

Yeah it's still alive. They're trying to find a publisher right now I think. Mixnmojo news.
  • edited June 2006
    Sam & Max Season 1 Episode 1 will be out September 21st. Episode 2 October 21st, Episode 3 November 21st and Episode 4 December 21st.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.