No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

1235»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It's cloth, it would fray unless you really know what I'm doing. Plus I'm assuming the back would be white instead of being the map colour. I would have prefered a cloth the colour of the map background with the map printed on it, if I'm making sense, so you can roll it and it's not all white on the other side.
    If I'm making sense.

Yeah, that's what I expected it to be like. I wasn't expecting it to look or feel like a map (I haven't received mine yet, but I suspect it just feels like a tea towel) but I really don't mind. For the extra £8 or whatever it was it's worth it.
  • edited June 2010
    I say well done Telltale! To get two MASSIVE franchises like this is a huge step for such a small company and a great sign that the industry is sitting up and taking notice of you.
    Bravo! I hope you guys excel with these two games, hell, i've enjoyed all of what i've played of yours so far heh.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, that's what I expected it to be like. I wasn't expecting it to look or feel like a map (I haven't received mine yet, but I suspect it just feels like a tea towel) but I really don't mind. For the extra £8 or whatever it was it's worth it.
    Well, if it's anything like the Gunslinger Girl poster I've got hanging on my door, it'll feel a lot like a dish towel. Which is fine for a poster; maybe not so much for a map - I'll see.

As for the map fraying after cropping it - I'm pretty sure having it look worn out adds to the experience... ;)

np: Peace Orchestra - Shining (Sixteen F**king Years Of G-Stone Recordings (Disc 2))
  • edited June 2010
    If you don't like it or find it uninteresting or don't feel you need it, there's a simple solution: Don't buy it. I'm pretty thrilled about it myself. I like many types of games and many of the companies that have made some of my favorite games have also made games that I really don't like but still I don't go at them like a public prosecutor on a frenzy. I just skip the games that don't appeal to me.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm a bit surprised anybody would be this shocked with the announcement. However, Telltale has already shown to give great care to licenses while providing new and artistic aspects to them. We did have the Wallace and Gromit series and technically, Strong Bad is also a similar case. Both were well-established series, with their own artistic ambience and flavor, which were translated into Adventure games.

Hollywood isn't all bad, either. These two movies, in fact, were among the Hollywood movies that seemed to be *really* inspired at their time. They didn't pick some Hollywood movie that simply tried to "ride in" on a trend, or one of these many *let's remake an old movie or television show, sometimes not even waiting anywhere near 30 years to do so.* No, these were imaginative movie releases that stepped to their own beat very much like Ghostbusters.

Though, I have to admit, when I saw the topic title, I was thinking this was going to be a reference to Impossible Mission (the videogame).
  • edited July 2010
    Megaace wrote: »
    I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read these news about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now they are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
    Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
    Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

Funny, I don't remember Indiana Jones being bad adventure games... :rolleyes:

Put some trust in TellTale, yes? They haven't gone wrong so far (well, the only "mistake" I can think of is never finishing Bone :P).
  • edited July 2010
    Lots of truth here.
    A good game designer is a good game designer whether they are making adventures, RPGs or FPSs. To know how to tell a good story given a set of game mechanics, and to make those mechanics fun, are skills that are almost completely transferable. Granted some genres will be more of a challenge and take a designer out of their comfort zone, but I don't think that is a reason to doubt the game.
    TTG has done nothing but convince everyone here that they are a fine group of story-tellers and designers, and I see no reason to start doubting them now.
    At least wait until the damn game comes out before you start extolling the virtues of the old days about it.
    I think that once the demo is released for this guy (and the BTTF game), a lot of hearts and minds will turn to the "Maybe these guys aren't as one-dimensional as we (for some reason) thought that they were."
  • edited July 2010
    Normally, I would completely agree with the OP in his first post. However, I've read the Jurassic Park books and there's some surprisingly good stuff in there, especially in the first half of The Lost World, though ironically that's the kind of thing that probably wouldn't make it into a game adaptation. The books are good, though, taken selectively. They offer exactly the kind of story, setting, and characters Telltale could mold to their own ends. It depends on whether they get to do that, or whether they get stuck making something lousy and shackled.

Both movies were average action flicks; hopefully the games will be based off the books instead.
  • edited July 2010
    You guys do realize that there's nobody arguing back against you anymore, right?

Not to say that I've changed my mind or anything. I've just said all I have to say here.
  • edited July 2010
    Ooo! Ooo! I want to argue too!

TUBE SOCKS ARE OH SO MUCH BETTER THAN REGULAR SOCKS!

And... and...

I THINK THAT CASUAL FRIDAYS SHOULD BE EVERY DAY!

Oh, and

LEMURS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

What? :(
  • edited July 2010
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    ooo! Ooo! I want to argue too!

Tube socks are oh so much better than regular socks!

And... And...

I think that casual fridays should be every day!

Oh, and

lemurs are people, too!

What? :(

you shut your lying mouth! How dare you think things?!!
  • edited July 2010
    I think I'll end the topic following the plot of Impossible Mission done completely Backwards. Since we all see the topic title (which is the ending), I'll end with the beginning.

"Another Visitor! Stay a while! Staaaaaay Forever!!!!!!!!"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.