Claymation!

edited March 2005 in General Chat
Evening all,

I'm eagerly awaiting news of Bone as much of the rest of us, but in the mean time I'd love to see another claymation adventure title along the same theme as The Neverhood. Even if it's just a short mini-game, Neverhood showed that using plasticine everything can be very atmospheric... With a creative soundtrack too, it was able to really suck the players into the game.

Any takers?

Comments

• edited February 2005
    Now that was a weird but cool game. A friend had it and was completely besotted by it. It was fun simply watching her play it. Their next game was for the PS which was a bit of a shame.
  • edited February 2005
    How did I miss this! Just went to the website to check it out - looks pretty funny. Definitely going to download the demo when I get home from work!
  • edited February 2005
    Ah yes. The Neverhood. I still play that game every now and then. More a puzzle game than adventure though... I found skullmonkeys (the 'sequel') a couple of years ago secondhand and played it for 3 hours before returning it. A wonderful lesson in how not to make a sequel. whoever thought it would be a good idea to take the funny adventures of a klay (sic) person who wondered around in a well written story type place and then transport that into a crap platformer filled with fart jokes was an idiot.
  • edited March 2005
    Ah yes. The Neverhood. I still play that game every now and then. More a puzzle game than adventure though... I found skullmonkeys (the 'sequel') a couple of years ago secondhand and played it for 3 hours before returning it. A wonderful lesson in how not to make a sequel. whoever thought it would be a good idea to take the funny adventures of a klay (sic) person who wondered around in a well written story type place and then transport that into a crap platformer filled with fart jokes was an idiot.

You think that one'e bad? You should try Boombots (Neverhood #3 I guess) it gives a new meaning to the word crap.
  • edited March 2005
    To go off onto a slight tangent, those who appreciate well-done claymation will be thrilled at hearing that the new "Wallace & Gromit" full-length, feature movie will be released in October 2005. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the W&G trilogy is the pinnacle of claymation animation.

Back to claymation games... :)
  • edited March 2005
    Boombots... I may weep openly... Wallace and Gromit sounds just dandy though
This discussion has been closed.