Side Scrolling?

edited September 2010 in Jurassic Park
I can't be the only one who thinks this game would be best displayed in 2D.
Creating a realistic 3D Jurassic Park universe seems far to ambitious for Telltale, and I would rather see them tackle something different.

Plus the older SNES and Genesis JP games are great, and I would love to see an updated version of them. The possiblilty of a co-operative side scroller seems to good to pass up.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    This is the first crazy genre suggestion someone's made that I might actually be interested in playing. But, erm, no, I don't think it's likely Telltale's going to be making a 2D sidescroller anytime soon.
  • edited August 2010
    I wanted to say yes because I love Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues and a 3D sidescrolling renditon of that would be awesome.

But there hasn't bee a true real 3 Jurassic Park game if you don't coun't Trespasser. So I have to go with 3D. I want to explore and not be limited to a one way road like a side scroller would have.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL.

What next, a text adventure?
    You are standing in an open field west of a large compound, with a barricaded front gate. There is a small control box here.

> _
  • edited August 2010
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a raptor.

> _
  • edited August 2010
    There is a T-Rex ahead of you. Next to your foot is a rubber band and to the right of you is a box of paper clips.

>_
  • edited August 2010
    I would prefer that Telltale could make it more like the first SNES game with a top-down view. It was more of an adventure with puzzle-solving and exploration than the second one or the JP-games on the Genesis (as much as I loved these).

If they use polygonal top-down view they could still switch in certain places to a more cinematic angle like in normal adventure (or into a first person perspective inside of buildings as a little throwback ;) ).
  • edited August 2010
    My money is still on a dinosaur dressup game.
  • edited August 2010
    It's going to be a rhythm/music game, but the only song on it will be Weird Al's Jurassic Park.
  • edited August 2010
    What, no T-Rex?

:(
  • edited August 2010
    No! You gotta do text adventures like this:
    You are Roger Wilco, there is a dinosaur standing in front of you.

>inv

You have: No hope

>_

• edited August 2010
    There is one raptor in front of you, possibly more are circling

>say "Clever kitty"

You say "Clever kitty"

• edited August 2010
    its say "clever girl"

You say "clever girl" but you get eaten anyway but at least the raptors are full until their next meal
  • edited September 2010
    You are Roger Wilco, a raptor stands before you and watches you with its cold dark eyes, you try to run but the raptor is suddenly in your way, then before you can scream the raptor swipes at you with his big sharp claw. Then you feel an emptiness and realize your intestines are on the ground. You then realize that this turning was the wrong turning and you hope that it will all be over soon.
  • edited September 2010
    Space Quest deaths are the best.
  • edited September 2010
    i agree, do you like that ending i just made up?
  • edited September 2010
    your in a field. theres a herd of gallimimus running towards you. your pretty much screwed. obvious exits are north, south, and dennis.

... you wait to long and they trample you to death, you dead. you should of moved stupid. thanks for playing.
  • edited September 2010
    I think the only realistic choice is D)All of the Above. Jurassic Park should be a 3D game with with alternative story lines in 2D and text based missions. That way everyone is happy... and by everyone I mean me. I would be happy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.