Another Operation Genesis???

edited September 2010 in Jurassic Park
There needs to be another Operation Genesis. That game was amazing!!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I agree, Operation Genesis was awesome but limited. Only so many shops, only so many rides, and so easy to keep the park from reaching chaos.

I would have loved to see a river ride or the ability to build the giant cage from JP3. Some water creatures would be nice as well. And they'll be shops and rides for each catagory. Like build sea themed shops around the sea creature pens.

There's a lot more that can be done with it. Telltale probably not making a Operation Genesis two though if that's what you're asking.
  • edited August 2010
    agreed
  • edited September 2010
    I loved operation genesis. It had really excellent voice actors and sound effects. Could be improved though with models with digital molecular matter and photorealism with ray tracing for lighting or something close like global illumination, sub surface scattering. Have you seen the cloud computing demo? I think that used servers with processors, but couldn't a future game be based on graphics processors and do reflections, refractions in real time? Make a sim game with these listed capabilities and you'll have a game that will blow the rest away. Oh and keep the spirit of John Hammond's welcome, include some extremely detailed models of bones found and and features of a particular dna set, ex, v. 1.0 , 2.0, 3.0 , 4.0, could have homeostasis in park if certain criteria are met.
  • edited September 2010
    I agree, Operation Genesis was awesome but limited. Only so many shops, only so many rides, and so easy to keep the park from reaching chaos.

I would have loved to see a river ride or the ability to build the giant cage from JP3. Some water creatures would be nice as well. And they'll be shops and rides for each catagory. Like build sea themed shops around the sea creature pens.

There's a lot more that can be done with it. Telltale probably not making a Operation Genesis two though if that's what you're asking.

seriously? the rides and cages? they should of worked on the dinosaurs better! i mean i love the game but sometimes the animals can be really stupid (such as an albertosaurus starving itself to death because it panics and runs in circle every time a large predator is seen). and they should of put at least 30 dinosaurs in there.
  • edited September 2010
    I posted something like this on the forums a few months ago, and I'm pleased to see this suggestion cropping up again and again. Let's hope Telltale at least considers the idea. I mean, I don't know the numbers, but Zoo Tycoon (not as sure about the sequel) seemed to sell an absurd number of copies, so I'd say the audience is there. Also, I'd be very pleased to see Telltale try their hand at a new genre.
  • edited September 2010
    I loved JP:OG. it was the best JP game ever made but there were a lot of limitations. there was basically lack of everything, dinosaurs, shops, kiosks, rides, and everything. Maybe TellTale could make a game like it however it has to be better than JP:OG in order for me to buy it.
  • edited September 2010
    I loved Operation Genesis. I built spectacular parks with little problem and would then sabotage them out of boredom. After all, that's when the movie starts getting really exciting, in the chaos. I would release T-Rexes and Raptors into the main thoroughfare and destroy the road to the Vistor's Center so my patrons couldn't escape. Other, less sinster pranks included demolishing all restrooms. I also liked flying the chopper from the hunter's station around and tranqing dinosaurs whether they needed it or not.

Good times.

Anyway, I don't think we need another Operation Genesis. Exploring the island has always appealed to me. Something like Trespasser. Most likely whatever TellTale has planned will be awesome.
  • edited September 2010
    oh yes tresspasser could have been the best game ever, except for lots of computer difficulties and such. if someone would remake it, it would be epic.
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    oh yes tresspasser could have been the best game ever, except for lots of computer difficulties and such. if someone would remake it, it would be epic.

dido
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »

Totally agreed
Sign in to comment in this discussion.