Hitting a T-rex

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
the first movie they didn't really have an option to get up to speed and hit the T-Rex in the legs with a car.... But there were so many people that could have at the end of the second movie... and one thing is for sure you break any part of the leg on the T-Rex its threat level drops down to about 10% if you can manage to stay away from its mouth or flailing around on the ground....

I know it would be a risk and the first instinct would be to flee... but I dunno I would have tried it.... I also know being from the northern part of the US that you can hit a bear full speed and they sometimes still get up.... BUT I also know for a fact after a hit like that they have no desire to stick around because injured animals just want to get somewhere safe.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    This might be true, but consider this. Would you be able to ram its legs, shift into reverse, and then get out of the way before he falls on your car?
  • edited December 2010
    Obviously no... but more than likely the heaviest part of the animal would fall beyond your vehicle... its a risk for sure... It would have also been a horrible way to end the movie..

Anyone who has not read the books the T-Rex never goes to mainland USA in the books.
  • edited December 2010
    That depends. If you run up behind the Rex and crash into him from behind, then yes. But if you're crazy/brave enough to go at him from the front, you're in a lot of trouble. :p

And yes, I've read the books, far better than the movies, but that's almost always the case. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Or you could take down a T-Rex the Dino Crisis way by getting it stuck in a very destructive time warp or by throwing a bomb in its mouth and shouting, "You're extinct!"

Or the Turok way. lol
  • edited December 2010
    So you don't think the car will go FUBAR after hitting a T. Rex? A simple deer is well enough to wreck a car if you hit the bullseye.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    BUT I also know for a fact after a hit like that they have no desire to stick around because injured animals just want to get somewhere safe.
    Well, it may depend on the animal you hit with your car. Here where I live, there are a lot of wild boars, and I can assure you that a injured wild boar is way much more dangerous than an unharmed one (unless, of course, it is so badly injured that it can't move anymore; but they're quite sturdy and stubborn, they are not easily knocked-out, and they are very vengeful)
  • edited December 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    So you don't think the car will go FUBAR after hitting a T. Rex? A simple deer is well enough to wreck a car if you hit the bullseye.

I would imagine it would be like hitting a pretty sturdy tree... the car would be messed up....
  • edited December 2010
    This is a good point. I think your engine would be wrecked, and you'd have to pray that you didn't just piss the T-rex off...cause if you did, you'd be lunch without a working vehicle.
  • edited January 2011
    See yea that's the thing.... with luck you would mess up its ankles and it wouldn't be able to run anymore.... Then you all you would have to worry about is the Raptors.. Compy mobs, and those nasty spitty ones.
  • edited January 2011
    Lol, is that all?
  • edited January 2011
    Well I guess there are the lawyers too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.