Does this game's story follow the movie sequels?

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
I wanted to know whether the story for Telltale's JP game is going to include plot points from the Jurassic Park movie sequels... because I haven't seen them. I love the first movie a lot but, to be honest from what I've heard/seen of the sequel movies, they just aren't very good at all.

Will I be required to watch the sequels to properly understand this game's story?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I do not think we will know much about it until about a month before its released... that is usually how it goes with TTG

Just watch them... they are not as bad as people like to say they are.. There is plenty of enjoyment to be found in both the sequels.
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale's not going to reveal anything about this game for a while, so we'll have to wait and see.
  • edited January 2011
    Now eventually you might have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?
  • edited January 2011
    "I really hate that man"

:D that part is SO hilarious!
  • edited January 2011
    Dr. Ian Malcolm would probably be the most natural character to take the lead in a TTG JP... He is sarcastic and easily the most funny.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I hope the game plays during the first movie, so I really hope the sequels story doesnt matter!
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Dr. Ian Malcolm would probably be the most natural character to take the lead in a TTG JP... He is sarcastic and easily the most funny.

Malcolm is the only reason I still watch The Lost World. Same as how Alan Grant is the only reason to watch JP3. :p
  • edited January 2011
    I agree. Ian Malcolm is my favorite character in the Jurassic Park series and Jeff Goldblum also happens to be my favorite actor so it all fits. Of course, The first film was the best but I think the The Lost World and JP3 both had some great scenes that make them worth watching. I love the whole Trailer going over the cliff scene in TLW. And I thought that the spinosaurs in JP3 was actually really cool (even if he did take down the T-Rex which sucked) lol

But back on topic. I think I read somewhere here that the game would take place during the first film but from a different perspective. Or was that just early rumors?
  • edited January 2011
    pretty sure that is just speculation.. I do not think TTG has said anything officially other than

1 they are making a JP game.
    2 it will be a slight departure from their usual games
    3 they started work on it even before Back to the Future
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    pretty sure that is just speculation.. I do not think TTG has said anything officially other than

1 they are making a JP game.
    2 it will be a slight departure from their usual games
    3 they started work on it even before Back to the Future

and it wont be point&click ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    and it wont be point&click ;)

Wrong. There are quick time event sequences, but the point and click puzzles still play a part.

Also, it was confirmed from the GI article that it takes place during AND after the first movie. No major characters from the movie are in the game, presumably because they, you know, left the island.
  • edited January 2011
    olimango wrote: »
    Wrong. There are quick time event sequences, but the point and click puzzles still play a part.

Also, it was confirmed from the GI article that it takes place during AND after the first movie. No major characters from the movie are in the game, presumably because they, you know, left the island.

Uhmm, yeah, we all read the article :rolleyes: ----> http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22164&page=3

Why did Alan say it wont be Point n Click? Only because the Quick Time Events?
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe because Telltale games have dropped 'point and click' for a more direct control scheme?
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah I think the term "point and click" is outdated when talking about new TTG games... they are still very much "Adventure games"

I pray TTG doesn't stray too far away from the formula...
  • edited January 2011
    i don't think so
  • edited January 2011
    The last time I even watched a Jurrasic Park film was when I was 8, I'm going to watch it again and get all hyped for the game
Sign in to comment in this discussion.