Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
Telltale said on their Facebook page that there'd be a special announcement about a new project (presumably not Jurassic Park) in the latest issue of Game Informer. Could anybody with a GI subscription maybe help shed some light for us?

In the meantime, consider this a speculation thread.

EDIT: It's since been confirmed to be our first look at Jurassic Park. Stay tuned!

EDIT 2: Here's the story / images:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/jurassic_park/b/pc/archive/2011/01/14/an-unlikely-developer-steps-into-the-maw-of-a-troubled-license.aspx

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Probably a Puzzle Agent season, as Nelson released a new piece of artwork on FB today.
  • edited January 2011
    Heads up! The February issue of Game Informer magazine has some exclusive new content from an upcoming project!

Doesn't say a 'new project' per se, so I'm guessing Jurassic Park.

Edit: In the FB comments, people are claiming Game Informer say it's a sequel - though I can't find where they're getting that info from.
  • edited January 2011
    They're announcing a coming-of-age story, starring a time-travelling dog and his best companion - his hat. He arrives into the age of dinosaurs, where much point and clickery leads to the creation of his new faithful companion - the dino-rabbit - a bipedal rabbit with a carnivorous-looking maw. They travel together in order to escape the wrath of a guy, a doctor, and yet another dog, who all claim that 'the bastards stole our car,' and ultimately must make a choice between continuity, fanfiction, and love.

(Yeah, I got nothin'.)
  • edited January 2011
    Subscriptions are allegedly being fulfilled today, so expect plenty of info around midday PST.
  • edited January 2011
    Seeing as they ended Tales with a cliffhanger, I seriously hope a sequel to Tales is the surprise.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm expecting Jurassic Park as well. Or maybe it'll be a ~swerve~ and the piece will be on BttF's Citizen Brown arc.
  • edited January 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    They're announcing a coming-of-age story, starring a time-travelling dog and his best companion - his hat. He arrives into the age of dinosaurs, where much point and clickery leads to the creation of his new faithful companion - the dino-rabbit - a bipedal rabbit with a carnivorous-looking maw. They travel together in order to escape the wrath of a guy, a doctor, and yet another dog, who all claim that 'the bastards stole our car,' and ultimately must make a choice between continuity, fanfiction, and love.

(Yeah, I got nothin'.)

I'd buy it.
  • edited January 2011
    I reckon it'll be the next "small" game (Puzzle Agent, Inventory...?) - Something along those lines!
  • edited January 2011
    I have a feeling it would be a part II of Puzzle agent. I'd be surprised if it was Monkey island.
  • edited January 2011
    It's most likely Futurama. Because I WILL IT to be so.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah I think it will be Puzzle agent as well..... I wish it could be ToMI season 2
  • edited January 2011
    I'm hoping it'll be a sequel to...
    TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND

I'm expecting it to be a sequel to...
    PUZZLE AGENT
    POKER NIGHT AT THE INVENTORY

It wouldn't be too out of the question to expect a sequel to...
    STRONG BAD'S COOL GAME FOR ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE
    SAM & MAX

Or, uh...it could just be BTTF episode 2. :p

EDIT: Wait, a sequel? Telltale still haven't released MI2:SE in their store yet...
  • edited January 2011
    EDIT: Wait, a sequel? Telltale still haven't released MI2:SE in their store yet...

A sequel doesn't necessarily mean that it's a sequel to a Telltale game. Could be Grim Fandango or Day of the Tentacle.
  • edited January 2011
    I can't find any source to that claim in the facebook comments that it's a sequel. Has anybody?
  • edited January 2011
    the suspense is killing me.... come on TTG let me know how I will be spending my paycheck already...
  • edited January 2011
    Come on Telltale, reveal it already, I can't get anything done today as I'm too busy refreshing this thread, the blog, your FB page and GameInformer.

You wouldn't want to be responsible for my wife getting angry at me, would you?
  • edited January 2011
    It's most likely one of these things:

- Sex and the City
    - Care Bears
    - Peggle: The Adventure
    - MasterChef
    - Blue Screen of Death: The Game
    - RRoD
    - Something Completely Different
  • edited January 2011
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    It's most likely one of these things:

- Peggle: The Adventure

Hells yeah.
  • edited January 2011
    I looked and couldn't find jack shit about it being a sequel.
  • edited January 2011
    (pleeeeeaaaasssseee be grim fandango. my life depends on it)
  • edited January 2011
    Its probably not Tales 2.
  • edited January 2011
    I would go mad with excitement if it was:

-Grim Fandango
    -Monkey Island
    -Puzzle Agent
    -Strong Bad

Any of those and I would be oh so happy!
  • edited January 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »

-Inventory
    -Monkey Island
    -Puzzle Agent
    -Strong Bad

I added what I would like.
  • edited January 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »

-Maniac Mansion
    -Monkey Island
    -Puzzle Agent
    -Futurama
    -The Simpsons
    -Mission Hill
    -The Venture Bros.
    -Questionable Content

I also put in the ones I'd like to see, and what list would be complete without throwing in some names I know have no chance of succeeding in being what the game really is going to be.
  • edited January 2011
    Man this is like when Poker Night was announced.
    And come to think of it Wallace and Gromit.
    and Puzzle Agent.
  • edited January 2011
    So I know you guys have been waiting with baited breath to find out just what it is that's going to be in the February issue of Game Informer magazine so I'll spill the beans right now - it's the first look at Jurassic Park.

The two page preview features some exciting in-game screenshots and some insight on what to expect on our upcoming title! It should be hitting subscribers' mailboxes soon!

:D
  • edited January 2011
    Ohhhhh :), i'll look forward to this... when it bleeds into other media. I don't get no Game Informer :(
  • edited January 2011
    Hooray!
  • edited January 2011
    And then Alan was fired for spilling the beans too early- nah just kidding I can't wait to see the new info.
  • edited January 2011
    Crap. Do they still keep copies at GameStop? Damn it, I'll actually have to walk in one.
  • edited January 2011
    It hits next weekish appears to be the consensus now.
  • edited January 2011
    My wife is pleased I can stop refreshing this page now and go mow the lawns.
  • edited January 2011
    Hmm. I really couldn't care less in that case. :p
  • edited January 2011
    A little dissapointed, but still good news I suppose.
  • edited January 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Ohhhhh :), i'll look forward to this... when it bleeds into other media. I don't get no Game Informer :(

Game Informer will likely have some, or all, of the content on their website.
  • edited January 2011
    Meh. I really don't care much about the Jurassic Park game.
  • edited January 2011
    Tromeritus wrote: »
    Crap. Do they still keep copies at GameStop? Damn it, I'll actually have to walk in one.

IIRC, It's owned by the game store that must not be named.
  • edited January 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    IIRC, It's owned by the game store that must not be named.

*buys his games at Gamestop* Th-they give me their display posters after they're taken down! :(
  • edited January 2011
    Waiting for people to have a meltdown and say they will never buy another TTG because its not a "new" game we didn't already know about.
  • edited January 2011
    So I know you guys have been waiting with baited breath to find out just what it is that's going to be in the February issue of Game Informer magazine so I'll spill the beans right now - it's the first look at Jurassic Park.

The two page preview features some exciting in-game screenshots and some insight on what to expect on our upcoming title! It should be hitting subscribers' mailboxes soon!

:D

Thanks for the tip, Alan. The anticipation was getting unbearable.

A little disappointed that it's not a brand-new announcement, but I've been wanting some new JP info, so I can't complain. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.