Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

Comments

• edited January 2011

A little disappointed that it's not a brand-new announcement, but I've been wanting some new JP info, so I can't complain. :)

Hahaha we will be announcing some awesome projects this year, one of them being [redacted] this year. Don't worry, we're only seven days into 2011! :)
  • edited January 2011
    Hahaha we will be announcing some awesome projects this year, one of them being [redacted] this year. Don't worry, we're only seven days into 2011! :)

Redacted has the word red in it! The Hidden People are red! WE'RE GETTING A PUZZLE AGENT SEQUEL! :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    Hahaha we will be announcing some awesome projects this year, one of them being Futurama. Don't worry, we're only seven days into 2011! :)

I can't wait for Futurama! Futurama confirmed by Alan Johnson everybody! You thought nobody would see the post before you edited it, you sneaky bastard.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, cool! Great to see Telltale getting this sort of attention.

I'm not really much of a fan of the Jurassic Park movies (the only one I liked was the first one), but Telltale have never disappointed yet, and I own every game they have made, so I see no reason to stop here. [smile]

But please, after BTTF and JP, please return to Monkey Island if at all possible.
    :D
  • edited January 2011
    I like Futurama .. but I have no interest in playing a Futurama game....
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I like Futurama .. but I have no interest in playing a Futurama game....

Then don't play one.
  • edited January 2011
    Then don't play one.

I honestly never thought of that. o.o
  • edited January 2011
    I can't wait for Futurama! Futurama confirmed by Alan Johnson everybody! You thought nobody would see the post before you edited it, you sneaky bastard.

Juuuuust so we're clear (and I hate to be 'that guy'), the original post was the '[redacted]' text. Lol. While I know most would have no trouble seeing the joke in that, well, someone might not.

So yeah, confirmed: I didn't write that.
  • edited January 2011
    Juuuuust so we're clear (and I hate to be 'that guy'), the original post was the '[redacted]' text. Lol. While I know most would have no trouble seeing the joke in that, well, someone might not.

Heh. Good cover up, Alan. Think they bought it?
  • edited January 2011
    Then don't play one.

The thing is I would LOL
  • edited January 2011
    But I don't want you to.

kqJHq.jpg

*walks slowly around the room, because little kids always do that while crying for some incomprehensible reason*
  • edited January 2011
    Hahaha we will be announcing some awesome projects this year, one of them being B]redacted[/B this year. Don't worry, we're only seven days into 2011! :)

Obviously, he's given away that there will be a "pteredactyl" in the Jurassic Park game.
  • edited January 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    Redacted has the word red in it! The Hidden People are red! WE'RE GETTING A PUZZLE AGENT SEQUEL! :eek:

'Redacted' is also an anagram for 'Guybrush', so we could be getting more Tales! YAAAAAAAY!!!
    ...yes I know that's a complete lie, let me have my moment...
  • edited January 2011
    Scans are online, am I allowed to share the link? :)
  • edited January 2011
    Obviously they're making a game out of this movie!

A strange choice, but I guess you take whatever license you can get.
  • edited January 2011
    After reading all of these guesses I'm starting to worry that everyone will be upset when they find out we're making another Farmville clone. :P
  • edited January 2011
    I found the scans myself. Interesting. I knew it would still be an adventure game, so I laugh in the face of the doubters. The screenshots should put to rest any of the doubters who worried that Telltale couldn't do serious, realistic graphics.
  • edited January 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    After reading all of these guesses I'm starting to worry that everyone will be upset when they find out we're making another Farmville clone. :P
    Point-'n'-clickville... Why does that sound appealing to me!?
    WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!?
  • edited January 2011
    Scans are online, am I allowed to share the link? :)

Please do not post the scans or a link to them here.

But, if you've read the piece, please feel free to discuss the article and screenshots here.
  • edited January 2011
    I found the scans myself. Interesting. I knew it would still be an adventure game, so I laugh in the face of the doubters. The screenshots should put to rest any of the doubters who worried that Telltale couldn't do serious, realistic graphics.

Agreed,

Love that it will be set on Isla Nublar, and Nedry's shaving cream canister will come back into play.
  • edited January 2011
    I like that
    it's set somewhere pseudo-inbetween the beginning of JP 1 and the beginning of 2, because 2 is where most fans seem to think the series jumped the shark (though I don't).
    That should help a lot of fans give the game some leeway. However,
    this also means no Malcolm or Grant, so I really hope that the main character is an enjoyable character. That's really my only main fear. I also hope for Tim Curry as the voice actor. Because I can.
  • edited January 2011
    Other key bits:

Sequel to the FIRST Movie, (((Presumably making 2 + 3 not canon)))
    Heavy Rain was a Heavy Influence in the way
    Ian Malcom/Jeff Goldblum NOT in this Game
    5-Part Episodic Title
    Coming to at least 1 Console
    Spring Release!
  • edited January 2011
    I'm excited about this :) Been waiting on pins and needles for JP info since it was announced. I still hold out hope that Etxreme Knitting will be announced this year!
  • edited January 2011
    Well, now we have content to discuss, I guess this should really be moved to the JP forum.
  • edited January 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »

A Futurama Farmville clone? When can I preorder it?!
  • edited January 2011
    I like the part where it says the player's actions will affect the story. Non-linearity, eh?

Is it bad that I'm far more excited about the idea of Telltale experimenting with new techniques than I am about the Jurassic Park license?
  • edited January 2011
    I'm sure I will enjoy it... but.... I am afraid the "realistic" characters will come off as stiff... I guess we will find out when we see the game in motion.... Either way I am happy to have some more JP.
  • edited January 2011
    Juuuuust so we're clear (and I hate to be 'that guy'), the original post was Bill and Ted. While I know most would have no trouble seeing the joke in that, well, someone might not.

A man can dream...a man can dream!
  • edited January 2011
    Looks awesome so far! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    I like the part where it says the player's actions will affect the story. Non-linearity, eh?

Is it bad that I'm far more excited about the idea of Telltale experimenting with new techniques than I am about the Jurassic Park license?

Right beforehand it says it'll still be linear. Probably slight changes a la the Corleone/Callahan/Crockett Choice.
  • edited January 2011
    Dude.... This Looks Amazing!!!!!
    I hope it's more along the line of what Heavy Rain was. Because walking around as Sam and Max in that game reminded me a bit of how you walked around in Heavy Rain. I'm well aware that Heavy Rain is not a TellTale game but the similarity is there.

I can so read peoples minds! lol Either that or they were listening to me. lol

I think it's awesome that Heavy Rain was a bit of an inspiration for them. That game was awesome. I love the screenshots. That T-Rex looks bad ass, and the dark enviroments look creepy. And I also can't wait to see what the new threat is.

TellTale has sold me on this one. Not that I wasn't sold from the begining because I was. But now I'm double sold. I wanted to wait till this came out for the PS3 but because it looks so good I'm going to get it for the PC as soon as it comes out and then will probably even get the PSN version after that.
    Super excited right now!!!
  • edited January 2011
    Game Informer will likely have some, or all, of the content on their website.
    Any word on when?
    I can't imagine what you guys might announce that would be a bigger deal for me than "Back to the Future". But I guess I'll just have to wait and see... :)
  • edited January 2011
    The content is put up just over a month after the Print release on most occasions.
  • edited January 2011
    Watch the glowing eyes threat be the guys from Puzzle Agent. lol
    Seriously though, I wonder what they are. They seem shorter than the raptors. And there's a long list of short carnivorous dinosaurs. Hmmm....
  • edited January 2011
    My money is on Ornitholestes, a carnivore smaller than but similar to a Velociraptor that is said to be nocturnal, and has minimal ties to Jurassic Park.
  • edited January 2011
    SOLD! That Tyrannosaurus is 100% accurate to the film. Day 1 buy.

Telltale, the "New Threat" better not be some gimmick sifi thing.
  • edited January 2011
    Funny you should mention that. I had a dream about this game a few nights back and I dreamed it involved space marines and aliens.
  • edited January 2011
    It looks incredible! I love that it takes place on Isla Nublar during and immediately after the events of the first movie. I was worried we've have to visit Isla Sorna again.

I assume that guy with the graying hair in the picture with the triceratops is the player character. I wonder who he is? Another paleontologist employed by the park? A member of the rival company that hired Nedry to steal the embryos? A janitor?
  • edited January 2011
    It looks incredible! I love that it takes place on Isla Nublar during and immediately after the events of the first movie. I was worried we've have to visit Isla Sorna again.

I assume that guy with the graying hair in the picture with the triceratops is the player character. I wonder who he is? Another paleontologist employed by the park? A member of the rival company that hired Nedry to steal the embryos? A janitor?

Gerry Harding, the park's veterinarian.
  • edited January 2011
    Gerry Harding, the park's veterinarian.

He's this guy?

12186-10106.gif
Sign in to comment in this discussion.