Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I know that was a joke about Mario ... but I am now trying to think of any other mustchoid game heros.... I guess Old Snake.

I need scissors. 61!
  • edited January 2011
    So this has become my most anticipated game of 2011. The screens look great, and I am really liking the concept art for the characters. I really hope they nail the little details like the JP worker outfits.

While I know they stated that there really wont be anybody from the movie, I wonder if that pertains to minor characters like Wu, or better yet, if Biosyn joins the story and we see Dodgson.

I hope we get a trailer for this game soon, and more details, screens, etc.
  • edited January 2011
    I think it would be out of character for Dodgson to show up on the island... but a goon or two on the island on his behalf would make sense.... Wu showing up could definitely work..
  • edited January 2011
    I think it would be out of character for Dodgson to show up on the island... but a goon or two on the island on his behalf would make sense.... Wu showing up could definitely work..

That Nima women could be working for him.

If you look closely, you can see her at the dock beside the worker, where Nedry probably was supposed to show up with the embryos.
  • edited January 2011
    Seems like a probable conclusion... she has that pirate/smuggler type vibe from her appearance... The other gentlemen who's name I forget and am too lazy too lookup to see if they actually named him yet has a Merc look to him.

The shaving cream can is something I was always surprised they didnt use for the third movie... and the competing company to Ingen... they could have had an all new attraction... by the time of the third movie.. But the whole theme of the books if you read them is that its not OK to mess with the laws of nature and that the whole of society would look down upon such a thing... Spielberg took that storyline out of play when he changed the end of the second movie and had the islands revealed to the public... Any company that tried would according to the books would be frowned upon.
  • edited January 2011
    Jess looks totally like Alison Lohman
  • edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »

Heh you're right she does look a little like her... I thought she looked like someone but I couldn't think of who... I wonder if this was coincidental or intentional.

25481218.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Seems like a probable conclusion... she has that pirate/smuggler type vibe from her appearance... The other gentlemen who's name I forget and am too lazy too lookup to see if they actually named him yet has a Merc look to him.

The shaving cream can is something I was always surprised they didnt use for the third movie... and the competing company to Ingen... they could have had an all new attraction... by the time of the third movie.. But the whole theme of the books if you read them is that its not OK to mess with the laws of nature and that the whole of society would look down upon such a thing... Spielberg took that storyline out of play when he changed the end of the second movie and had the islands revealed to the public... Any company that tried would according to the books would be frowned upon.

Yeah the shaving cream can I wonder if we will have more info on that in the game. Btw a friend of mine has a prop replica of that it looks awesome.
  • edited January 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    Btw a friend of mine has a prop replica of that it looks awesome.

Can customs check it if they want?
  • edited January 2011
    and is he disappointed that it is not menthol?
  • edited January 2011
    Hang on, those nocturnal dinosaurs.
    I wonder...

Hidden.gif

It's so obvious now. XD
  • edited January 2011
    LOL nice
  • edited January 2011
    *screams* GNOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, it would be out of character for Dodgeson to go to the island himself. The only way I could see him doing that would be if there was no way for someone else to deliver the embryos.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm sure I will enjoy it... but.... I am afraid the "realistic" characters will come off as stiff... I guess we will find out when we see the game in motion.... Either way I am happy to have some more JP.

(I know this post was written forever ago but I'm late to the the party).

This is a legitimate concern but something that's always impressed me is how animated the characters are in Telltale games. The really do a lot of work with facial expressions, hand gestures and the like to really make the characters more than just talking heads.

Something that really bothered me when I played through Dreamfall is that even though the game had beautiful graphics the characters face's showed no expression. They characters just stand there like drones speaking their lines and you can only tell how they are feeling in any given situation by the voice acting.

As long as they are using the Telltale Engine to make Jurassic Park I'm sure the characters will come off as alive and animated :)
    Sadonicus wrote: »

Maybe they could get her to do the voice, she is very good at playing young teens :D
  • edited January 2011
    The shaving cream can is something I was always surprised they didnt use for the third movie...

Why would they? The can only had enough coolant to keep the embryos fresh for 36 hours and it was buried under a pile of mud. Nobody would ever find it in time.
  • edited January 2011
    Who's behind the concept art? It's very good-looking.
  • edited January 2011
    Nitroid wrote: »
    Why would they? The can only had enough coolant to keep the embryos fresh for 36 hours and it was buried under a pile of mud. Nobody would ever find it in time.

Stem cell implants for dino / human super warriors.

gorn-commander.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    I hope Jess doesn't know gymnastics.

Yeah, that was a low point.
  • edited January 2011
    Could those new nocturnal dinosaurs be Oviraptors?

5zpmvn.jpg

I can't shake of that feeling somehow.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm fairly sure those nocturnal dinosaurs are Troodons, since they have forward-facing eyes. They should fit in pretty well, supposed to be relatively intelligent.
    30018280.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    there were a lot of species with binocular vision... in fact almost all hunters have them.... But I do think that Troodons are a pretty good guess.
  • edited January 2011
    addman wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure those nocturnal dinosaurs are Troodons, since they have forward-facing eyes. They should fit in pretty well, supposed to be relatively intelligent.
    30018280.jpg

Another "raptor"? I don't think so. I suppose it will be Carnotaurus. They can change color like a chameleon.
  • edited January 2011
    There is no proof that they could do that... its pure fiction.
  • edited January 2011
    In Michael Chrichton's book The Lost World they were. I forget mentioned it.
  • edited January 2011
    They seem to be rather small, if they're Carnotaurii then they are either young or resized (like the Spitter). (Or the scene is giving a wrong impression of their size.)

Not to mention that Telltale could just reuse the Chameleon-effect on another animal.

It looks like they have rather short snouts because the eyes on the side would be more cut-off it their skulls were longer.

Carnotaurus would fit because he has an unusual short skull.

Same goes for Oviraptors and their whole size would fit too.
  • edited January 2011
    Alfaraptor wrote: »
    Another "raptor"? I don't think so. I suppose it will be Carnotaurus. They can change color like a chameleon.

Troodon's aren't "raptors" precisely. They aren't classified as dromeosaurids.

Carnotaurus is extremely unlikely. And Telltale couldn't make them chameleons like in the books because the books aren't available for them to use. They have the rights to the movies. Period.
  • edited January 2011
    I got some notes to the game and the pictures, seems like the perfectly dino game in my opinion. If I' got it right this isn't another regular dino shooter game as for turok? If it is a shooter rather then a "avoid tactic" game I'll be clearly dissapointed.. Dino's are meant to be respected, not gunned down at the very first moment you see them, this is some creatures meant to raise fear in you.

This game looks so perfect as a console game, fast paced shooter games goes for PC excl, as for Counter strike and quake. this isn't one of those (again, if i got it right) this seem to be a slower game with a rich story and fully tasty gamemode. I've read that it's unclear if this will be realeased to consoles or not, but I know telltales are considering this option and that makes me happy!

tho if it will be realesed to the console as well, it might take some greeeeeat long time for us console gamers (I'm thinking of the ripping stuff) but as I've always said "A great game never comes to late" because if it's great it's probably worth waiting, if it comes early it wont probably be good (alright i dont even know what im trying to say here)

Alright, Tell tales.
  • edited January 2011
    Leaffordes wrote: »
    I've read that it's unclear if this will be realeased to consoles or not,
    As per the Game Informer article,
    The team plans to release it on PCs, Macs, and consoles.

Now WHICH console(s)...that's the question. I would have assumed PS3 and Xbox 360, but after the Back to the Future surprise, I'll wait until they announce 'em.
  • edited January 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    As per the Game Informer article,

Now WHICH console(s)...that's the question. I would have assumed PS3 and Xbox 360, but after the Back to the Future surprise, I'll wait until they announce 'em.

I really hope JP comes to both the 360 and the PS3. If it's going to be anything like Heavy Rain I'd much rather play it on a console.

I still have JP toys from when I was a kid, I've seen all the movies multiple times (we're talking 35-40 times each), and I've read the books. Luckily a lot of people here who are working on the game are also huge JP fans and it really shows in their work.
  • edited January 2011
    We haven't announced platforms at all yet other than PC/Mac.
  • edited January 2011

We know, you guys'll wait until you're sure about which console before announcing it. I just hope PS3, my laptop barely could handle BTTF, and I can't imagine what JP will do to it.
  • edited January 2011
    Please for the love of all that is holy, release this on the PS3!
    I'm assuming that the Jurassic Park blu-ray that was recently announced will be arriving around the same time the game does (much like BTTF) so what better way to cash in two-fold than on the PS3, again? I'm a HARDCORE Jurassic Park lover yet only own a PS3 (I don't even own a PC/Mac, I'm using my iPhone to type here) so please Telltale, do not fail me!
  • edited January 2011
    Nitroid wrote: »

yet again, mud acts like a natural insulation especially when it's dry, but for 8 years, would be pushing the bar me thinks.
  • edited January 2011

Don't forget the Famicom Alan.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm hoping for PS3 as well. It's the only console I own other than the PS2, SNES, NES and N64. And I doubt it'll be released on those.:p
  • edited January 2011
    Whats the release date for the game, I dont remember reading it anywhere
  • edited January 2011
    Nik738 wrote: »
    Whats the release date for the game, I dont remember reading it anywhere

It hasn't been announced yet.
  • edited January 2011
    Alright, I can only sit back and hope then =)

Thank you for the answers
  • edited January 2011
    I'd consider getting it on PS3 (if it's announced) but not if it comes a while after the PC version like BTTF.
  • edited January 2011
    Has anyone mentioned that there is something very CSI about the character model in the screen shots? I think when tell tale tool does "realistic" characters it shows it's seams.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.