A new point and click advanture game -> hope for advanture gamers

edited August 2006 in General Chat
Belief & Betrayal (PC)
Belief & Betrayal puts players into the role of the journalist Jonathan Danter, who -- after the mysterious death of his uncle -- gets involved in a dangerous church conspiracy, which has its roots through the centuries in the time when Judas got 30 silver coins for his betrayal of Jesus Christ. The game is 3rd person, point & click adventure with 3D character models.

Developer Artematica
Publisher DTP (Digital Entertainment Pool
Genre Adventure
Release Date 4th Qtr 2006

It seems Digital Entertainment Poo(l) (honestly... the l at first glance looks like a closing bracket...), a company i just heard of right now is also interested in point and click advanture games. Now despite me somehow thinking this will be another Gabriel Knight style church conspiracy thing it's good to know there are also other comanier whitch are interested in Point and click games (Matt remembers he's talking on a forum of a company who is betting it's shirt... and the shirt of their bank mannager on PAK games... (excluding csi and hold'em))

Edit: found some more of them!

The Secret Files: Tunguska (PC)

This point-and-click adventure game is based on the mysterious Tunguska phenomenon that occurred in July 1908 in which the Siberian region of Tunguska was engulfed in an inferno of flames that turned everything into debris and ashes. This phenomenon remains unexplained to this day. With its unique mysterious setting, spectacular graphics, and innovative puzzles, The Secrets Files: Tunguska sets the stage for intrigue, drama, and a deep conspiracy to uncover.

Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle (PC)

The sequel to the humorous adventure game Runaway: A Road to Adventure. Players will be able to explore more than 100 different places across the globe, throughout the 6 extensive chapters of this new adventure. In Alaska, Hawaii, under the sea or up in the sky, in the middle of a hostile jungle or on board a huge yacht, you will experience an unforgettable adventure in a rich and varied environment. The game is filled with juicy puzzles and exciting challenges which can be solved more or less easily depending on the player's level.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the links.

There are many, many more adventure games in development than these. (The genre being dead is a myth!) See Adventure Gamers for info on a ton of AGs in development.
  • edited July 2006
    Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Agatha Christie is gonna haunt me on the computer aswell... great... i can say byebye to the main compy the days that game comes out... my mum will be hogging it all day long... i hopedy-hope-hope it's a short game...

My mum has 40 or so books from A. Christie... some are at home, some she lent to people... i think she somehow managed to flush one down the toilet... don't ask... i dunno how she did it...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    The first Agatha Christie game came out last year (And Then There Were None). You should check it out if you're a fan.
  • edited July 2006
    no i'm not a fan.. haha! i'll keep it secret... haha!

oh i almost forgot the reason i clicked "back" so many times to get back to the telltale forum... congrats on getting to 1st spot on advanture gamer's "buzz list" (almost spelled butt list... WHO PUT "Z" RIGHT NEXT TO "T") (east, central (basically almost everywhere apart from the uk) european keyboards have Y and Z replaced so it's QWERTZ... in the top row and YXCV... in the bottom row)

Matt (who repeatedly forgets so sign his posts... and knows about the siggy thing... but can't be bothered to go all the way to the profiles page... that reminds me... i g2g update the avatar with the correction)

edit: fine fine... i added an "almost" i know for east central and east europe...
  • edited July 2006
    oh i almost forgot the reason i clicked "back" so many times to get back to the telltale forum... congrats on getting to 1st spot on advanture gamer's "buzz list" (almost spelled butt list... WHO PUT "Z" RIGHT NEXT TO "T") (east, central (basically everywhere apart from the uk) european keyboards have Y and Z replaced so it's QWERTZ... in the top row and YXCV... in the bottom row)
    Hey, I've got a QWERTY keyboard, and I'm not from the UK. ;)
  • edited August 2006
    I'm so excited to see adventure games (the real kind, not that fake action-adventure hybrid crap) coming back. Its exciting to think that these could help revive the adventure genre.
  • edited August 2006
    Check out adventuregamers.com. You'll see they never went away (even if they're harder to find on shop shelves). :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.