Picture battle thread

edited March 2011 in Forum Games
This game is fun and simple, simply post an image to defeat the picture posted above you! Its funny how this evolves. Ill start with a... DINOSAUR!

dinosaurG2711_468x351.jpg

Comments

• edited February 2011
    It's about time this game came to our forums. Sometimes I enjoy just playing it with my friend in a notebook when there is a free lesson. But you forgot to mention the 'NO GUNS' rule. (Sorry to disappoint you, President Max.)
    And now, although the Triceratops was my favourite dinosaur as a little boy, the Brachiosaurus is bigger, if not the biggest. (And also herbivorous.)
    Brachiosaurus.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Sarendor wrote: »
    It's about time this game came to our forums. Sometimes I enjoy just playing it with my friend in a notebook when there is a free lesson. But you forgot to mention the 'NO GUNS' rule. (Sorry to disappoint you, President Max.)
    And now, although the Triceratops was my favourite dinosaur as a little boy, the Brachiosaurus is bigger, if not the biggest. (And also herbivorous.)
    Brachiosaurus.jpg

Fair move, but eventually all dinosaurs were wiped out!

meteor-crater-arizona.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Indeed, but I didn't want it to happen too early.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLzqENH_6UIeDARqm7sxF1TIAc7RAJ5PQJ-jrR0ao-CqvRG2417g
    Add this, wait a few billion years and it will be smooth.
  • edited February 2011
    Not if a dam comes along and drinks all of it back up again!

las-vegas-hoover-dam.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Time to get the river Isen flowing again!
    Ent_army.png
  • edited February 2011
    Time to get the river Isen flowing again!
    Ent_army.png

Sorry to call the rules out, but can we go for stuff a little more generic? I don't recognize that picture at all to counter it :(

You could have posted a picture to the dam busters or something, never mind :eek:
  • edited February 2011
    You could've tried Googling "river Isen". It's from Lord of the Rings.

I'd put up a picture of Saruman ripping up the forest (or something like that), but then we'd end up trapped in an endless loop.
  • edited February 2011
    I only saw a no guns rule

ChuckNorris200611292256.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    medium_bobross.jpg
    Bob ross, bitches
  • edited February 2011
    I see your Bob Ross and raise you Bob Vila.

bob_vila.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    And I raise you Billy Mays
    437px-Billy_Mays_Portrait_Cropped.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    cocaine.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    www.teesforall.com_images_Pacman_Rehab_Red_Shirt.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    weird-al-is-a-grammar-troll-21303-1270233176-11.jpg
    (Weird Al's expression when he sees grammar mistakes.)

(By the way, I have a winning image for ANY situation, and I will use it when someone uploads a really crazy/silly/stupid image.)
  • edited February 2011
    weird-al-is-a-grammar-troll-21303-1270233176-11.jpg
    (Weird Al's expression when he sees grammar mistakes.)

(By the way, I have a winning image for ANY situation, and I will use it when someone uploads a really crazy/silly/stupid image.)

I think the whole point isn't to *win* and post obscure pictures to battle, how are you meant to beat weird al yankovics expression? it has to be a person or object, for example for that big crater I posted, someone could have posted a picture of a cement mixer, to where someone would post a shoe, and then someone would post something to beat the shoe and so on, posting peoples facial expressions just makes the game boring. sorry.
  • edited February 2011
    Coolio.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Songs-Guybrush.jpg
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    I think the whole point isn't to *win* and post obscure pictures to battle, how are you meant to beat weird al yankovics expression? it has to be a person or object, for example for that big crater I posted, someone could have posted a picture of a cement mixer, to where someone would post a shoe, and then someone would post something to beat the shoe and so on, posting peoples facial expressions just makes the game boring. sorry.

Basically the picture was simply Weird Al. I just explained the expression so that everyone will understand why I posted it. Weird Al can be beaten.(?) And if you take it as his expression, you can post a funnier one.
    And of course I don't want to win the game, there is absolutely no fun in that. Even my ultimate picture can be beaten, but it just beats almost anything. (You will see why in time.)
  • edited February 2011
    Nice response, Sarendor, but it doesn't display. I had to quote your post and copy the URL to see what it was.
  • edited February 2011
    Noo, it's not meant to be "post a funnier picture" or expression, it's meant to kill or eliminate the picture above, without using pictures of guns or huge bombs or whatever.

Example: Tree>Chainsaw>Metal>Miners>TNT>Bomb Squad

It's really hard to play when you post people as it's hard to know what would beat them, especially if you've hardly heard of them, if it's more generic like the example above it's a lot more easier and fun to play.
  • edited February 2011
    Nice response, Sarendor, but it doesn't display. I had to quote your post and copy the URL to see what it was.

Really? It displays well enough on my computer.
    Noo, it's not meant to be "post a funnier picture" or expression, it's meant to kill or eliminate the picture above, without using pictures of guns or huge bombs or whatever.

It's really hard to play when you post people as it's hard to know what would beat them, especially if you've hardly heard of them, if it's more generic like the example above it's a lot more easier and fun to play.

I don't think that it should work exactly like Rock-Paper-Scissors. You don't need to destroy the above picture, just to best it. As long as it is appropriate, I think that it is all right.
    Your own examples don't necessary kill/eliminate each other. Bomb squad is simply better than TNT.
  • edited February 2011
    It displays fine for me now that I've viewed it, but for someone who hasn't viewed the picture, it won't display on the forums.

...That's what we're doing.

I trumped his Weird Al with Coolio (ever hear of the dispute over Amish Paradise?), and he countered my Coolio with a barbershop.
  • edited February 2011
    Replaced the picture with a smaller one from a site we all know well. Now, let us continue!
  • edited February 2011
    Much better!

bald_head.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Much better!

bald_head.jpg

unisex-afro-curly-70-s-wig-57-p.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    024.jpg
    Because Gustav Von Schneider (Monkeyologist) has the best wig! (And I wrote that punchline! I am so proud of myself.)
  • edited February 2011
    100_Yen_lighter.JPG
  • edited February 2011
    hammer-1.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    coptotermes.jpg
    Termites! (You are welcome, Fone Bone!)
  • edited February 2011
    workboots.jpg

Hammer v.2
  • edited February 2011
    220px-MC_Hammer_%28cropped%29.jpg

MC Hammer.
  • edited February 2011
    PRO53ESC.JPG

M.C. Escher
    Because he appears before Hammer in google search.
  • edited February 2011
    reality-check.jpg
    Reality beats M.C Escher any time
  • edited February 2011
    spongebob+imagination.jpg
    Imagination!
  • edited February 2011
    windows7.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    product-wwdc-macpro1.gif
    Mac Pro!
  • edited March 2011
    product-wwdc-macpro1.gif
    Mac Pro!

Not buying a mac pro gives you spare cash to buy things that are actually value for money!

cgZVQRCU.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    obama-high-speed-rail-plans.jpg
    Because cars stink. They should be replaced by trains.
  • edited March 2011
    obama-high-speed-rail-plans.jpg
    Because cars stink. They should be replaced by trains.

grinding_rock_stone.gif
  • edited March 2011
    paper_ball2.jpg
    You knew it was coming...
  • edited March 2011
    33996-fire.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.