New Trailer!

13»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Trailer looks fantastic i don't know what everyone's saying about cartoony graphincs. Yes it is a game and yes it doesn't look like the movie but pretty good for a small compay thats for damn sure. Also i'm absolutely sure that Telltale will deliver on a plot, that's their strong-point. only, please change the t-rex roar. please!
  • edited February 2011
    Looks fantastic to me. If they can get the gameplay and story right it'll be their best game.
  • edited February 2011
    Haha, I lol'd at the t-rex roar, *boom* *boom* God here comes the trex :O *ARRRARARRARGGGHHEA..*
  • edited February 2011
    Graphics looked fine to me, not sure what people expected. Sound was a little iffy, but workable.

Gameplay is what I am worried about really. All this talk of Heavy Rain has me worried. I know it won't be classic point and click style like the other TT games but I'm worried it will be too different.
  • edited February 2011
    WOW, I've never even seen a JP film.
    You really should watch at LEAST the first one.

The second one is kind of bad, but I enjoyed the ride. And the third one? Avoid it.
  • edited February 2011
    I clicked this thread to specifically pick on the T-Rex roar.... glad to see other people picked up on it as well.... She sounds too high pitched or something... the roar from the film is super recognizable its almost an icon you go anywhere and play the sound bite to a stranger on a street and they would be able to pin point where its from....

REDO IT TTG.
  • edited February 2011
    I've said it before, and it seems like this is what is happening: Telltale is going to become a studio that movie/TV companies can use to make cheap, good games for their licenses. With BttF, Jurassic Park, and the Walking Dead outed now...seems like this is the way Telltale is going. The problem is that for us Telltale Fans, we know these are low points. For gamers who are first being introduced to Telltale through kind of lame looking games for big licenses, they are just going to see Telltale as a ramshackle game company who can throw together cheap games that might look kinda crappy, but be fun (if dumbed down) and fairly good quality.

The graphics in the trailer disappointed me...If Telltale is going to be working more on games set in 'realistic' places (Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, which REALLY worries me) they need to upgrade the Telltale Tool. I mean it's fine for Sam & Max and Monkey Island (please keep it for those games!), but for these games it's needs to be updated. I think all of us can agree: we'd gladly be okay with downloading an episode that is over 250 MB...bring it closer to 1 GB and I'm still fine with it! But is that the model Telltale is going for? Are they going for games with high quality story telling, but on a cheap model... seems like that is the way they're going to me.
  • edited February 2011
    Oooh, and I stole this from Kotaku discussion boards:

original.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Trailer is awesome! The game looks amazing! I cannot wait until april now :D there are only two things that bother me with the trailer though :cool: One is Obviously the Dino Crisis T-Rex roar, which I too am hoping they will fix when the game is released. Second is the Raptors. Not that they look bad or anything it's just; they are out at night. Weren't the raptor fences intact when nedry shut down the power? As I recall the raptors didn't get out until morning...
  • edited February 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    You really should watch at LEAST the first one.

The second one is kind of bad, but I enjoyed the ride. And the third one? Avoid it.

The third one is better than the second one. All three are good to watch though.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm looking forward to this, but again, the game has to release on PS3 for me to buy it.
  • edited February 2011
    No doubt we won't hear anything about any console versions for months yet... :(
  • edited February 2011
    Compared to previous Telltale trailers, this one was epic, apart from the T-Rex roar but sometimes you have to stick temp sounds in these things.
  • edited February 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    ... Second is the Raptors. Not that they look bad or anything it's just; they are out at night. Weren't the raptor fences intact when nedry shut down the power? As I recall the raptors didn't get out until morning...

Could be that that was day 2 after they escaped. the game probably wont revolve around one day. dont know just speculating. I think i remember reading somewhere that you are playing as someone who is left behind after the movie finishes or something like that
  • edited February 2011
    The trailer looks great and all, but I really would like to see a gameplay video or a bit more info about this.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm, I hate to say it but I feel a bit mixed upon this trailer.

I mean, I didnt expect AAA-production-value, but I understand the concerns of some fans. Maybe I'm spoiled through all these new high-res games and being too much of a perfectionist as a JP-Fanboy, but JP is a AAA-license and the movies always had the best special-effects possible at that time, so maybe my desire for better graphics arent that obtuse! I do think I would get used to it after a time and maybe it looks better with Full-HD-Resolution and maximum details and Antialiasing though.
    Lets hope some modders will make some model or graphic updates themselves, or maye a Special Edition with DVD-release ;)?

The character models are nicely designed and not cartoony (didnt liked the facial expression of Jess when seeing the T-Rex though, what she does with her mouth kinda isnt a natural reaction :p). But I cant help but feeling that the animations could be better, they are kinda stiff and not fluid, especially the dinos. The environments are OK, not too detailed but I think its enough. Hopefully they are working on it, and its not the weak engine that prevents the certainly talented team to do any better.

As it goes for the atmosphere and story, I dont have any concerns, I'm sure it will be well written and totally JP-like!

So what remains is really some concrete info about the gameplay, still my and many others main concern!

Man, I wish I just could be excited and happy about this new JP-Game, but considering this the last JP-Game I hate to find myself worrying about the gameplay and complaining about the technical aspects!
  • edited February 2011
    The trailer looked ok. Story seems interesting :)

Though, two prolems:
    A) The T-rex roar was possibly the most terrible thing I've ever heard. I mean, SERIOUSLY are you going to use that? Did the T-rex get something stuck down his throat?

For the love of god, use the movie roars.

B) The graphics looked a bit weak. We haven't seen the game in live action on full graphics, so it might be better then what we saw in the trailer. Just that on a 2011 standard, it didn't look very good. (Imagine JP game with Crysis graphics gaah.)
  • edited February 2011
    Do you remember the teaser trailer? They used the original T-Rex sound in that. I'm sure they'll use it in the game as well.

By the way: Great to hear John Williams at the end!:)
  • edited February 2011
    @ TT

Can we expect more Info in the next days or was that it for now :)?
  • edited February 2011
    The trailer looks good, was hoping to see actual gameplay though. I'm pretty sure that T-Rex roar is just a temp sound bite.
  • edited February 2011
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    The trailer looks good, was hoping to see actual gameplay though. I'm pretty sure that T-Rex roar is just a temp sound bite.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-jurassic-park/17-3818/
    is for some gameplay and some commentary from the Telltale team, yet, from this it seems that is the final roar atleast for ep 1! I can deff handle it tho as long as the game is this badass!
  • edited February 2011
    I can't wait to play this.
    Not going to Pre-Order on PC yet, going to wait for a boxed version.
    not to mention i want to see the consoles it comes to, hopefully PSN and XBLA.
    Will buy this game on every platform its on
  • edited February 2011
    OMG!! Is this the return to DYING in adventure games?!:eek:
  • edited February 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    OMG!! Is this the return to DYING in adventure games?!:eek:

If it's funny intead of frustrating then why not.
  • edited February 2011
    This does look really good. The only problem I have is Harding is missing his mustache. I know people already alright talked about it but it's just so obvious. Of course if that's the only problem, that's a relatively easy fix.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.