Quick Discussion about The Lost World

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
I only thought about bringing this up because I'm watching the movie as I type this out. What I wanted to talk about was pretty much the last 25-30 minutes of the movie.

We see everyone leaving Isla Sorna in helicopters, the T-Rex tied down in what looks to be the most restraining piece of equipment InGen could come up with and then it heads off to San Diego. Here is where I think the movie really... eh.. lost me?

We see earlier in the movie that the T-Rex chases a group of humans into a cavern underneath a waterfall, where it's massive head can't fit to eat half the cast and yet.. Every single person on the massive transportation boat that hauled the T-Rex was killed. Now.. I'm not too good on measurements or boat design.. but I don't think a T-Rex head could fit through a doorway that isn't ANY more then 6'6" high and 3' wide.

I know the whole movie is whatever because Dinosaurs coming back to life and what not isn't possible (Maybe I'm wrong?) and I agree, I love the movie whatever the case, I just wanted to talk about this little point in the movie.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    The Lost World does have the most plot holes than the other Jurassic Park movies. There are a lot of fan explainations about what went down on that boat.

I want to know how they got the T-Rex locked into that large cage.... in fact, where the heck did the cage even come from? lol

I don't really think about all that. It's really just a fun movie.
  • edited February 2011
    The Lost World does have the most plot holes than the other Jurassic Park movies. There are a lot of fan explainations about what went down on that boat.

I want to know how they got the T-Rex locked into that large cage.... in fact, where the heck did the cage even come from? lol

I don't really think about all that. It's really just a fun movie.

That cage probably came from the mainland as there was a group of the hunters that did get to the village.

As for as the boat scene it probably was raptors and they were killed by the trex when they went into the holding area.
  • edited February 2011
    I like The Lost World over the third movie, and it's a good movie in my opinion, I was just watching it and wondering about a few things. Wondered if anyone else caught the little things I did, lol.
  • edited February 2011
    Kraven wrote: »
    I only thought about bringing this up because I'm watching the movie as I type this out. What I wanted to talk about was pretty much the last 25-30 minutes of the movie.

We see everyone leaving Isla Sorna in helicopters, the T-Rex tied down in what looks to be the most restraining piece of equipment InGen could come up with and then it heads off to San Diego. Here is where I think the movie really... eh.. lost me?

We see earlier in the movie that the T-Rex chases a group of humans into a cavern underneath a waterfall, where it's massive head can't fit to eat half the cast and yet.. Every single person on the massive transportation boat that hauled the T-Rex was killed. Now.. I'm not too good on measurements or boat design.. but I don't think a T-Rex head could fit through a doorway that isn't ANY more then 6'6" high and 3' wide.

I know the whole movie is whatever because Dinosaurs coming back to life and what not isn't possible (Maybe I'm wrong?) and I agree, I love the movie whatever the case, I just wanted to talk about this little point in the movie.

The answer is in the script, they decided during filming to leave the explaination scene out of the movie, prolly so in 2011 someone would have the convo we are having right now to keep the Jurassic Park legacy alive.. but idk... :rolleyes:

Anyway, in the scene there was meant to be raptors who stowed away on the ship and killed off the crew like in the first novel. Speilberg left this out as he did with A TON of other scenes originally planned for TLW, hope this helped...
  • edited February 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    That cage probably came from the mainland as there was a group of the hunters that did get to the village.

As for as the boat scene it probably was raptors and they were killed by the trex when they went into the holding area.

I kinda think the whole idea about the raptors is.. eh.. far fetched? Thinking about it, when you watch the scene with the T-Rex tied down and getting ready to be transported, there were men everywhere around it, as well as choppers.

They had to have moved the Rex by chopper onto the boat unless a large piece of equipment was dropped off to haul it to a port or something.. and considering there aren't really any roads on the island that we clearly see.. I have to go with the chopper idea.

Edit- Ah, alright. I guess that sort of makes sense in a way but.. oh well, lol.
  • edited February 2011
    i kinda think the whole idea about the raptors is.. Eh.. Far fetched?

grrrr... It was in the script and original plans!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Did they build the cage around the rex? Or did they push him into it somehow?
  • edited February 2011
    They'd had to have built it up around the Rex, especially considering the position it had to be in for the cage to be around it the way it was.
  • edited February 2011
    Did they build the cage around the rex? Or did they push him into it somehow?

Prolly set him on a platform and built up from there... and when I think of what got him through the thick jungle to the boat... I think of that badass vehicle from Indy 4 that tears up the jungle with the blades on teh front! :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    grrrr... It was in the script and original plans!!!! :d

I posted an edit =P I just still think it's kinda far fetched is all. Everyone has an opinion though right? :D
  • edited February 2011
    But what about the part that went under the rex? The metal part he was laying on? The rex had to be lifted up somehow for the cage to be build around it.
  • edited February 2011
    But what about the part that went under the rex? The metal part he was laying on? The rex had to be lifted up somehow for the cage to be build around it.

Helicopters Galore! Lol. Considering it's InGen we're talking about, they'll.. for lack of a better phrase "Spare No Expense" when it comes to getting the job done.
  • edited February 2011
    I posted an edit =P I just still think it's kinda far fetched is all. Everyone has an opinion though right? :D

Oh yes I saw and yes it was farfetched but atleast they went with something from the novel if you read it. Very good reference to a great book that started it all!

Theyre hunters who wanted money, except Roland who wanted the Rex, but i'd say they prolly airlifted it on the completed platform and built up from there... but then again, if i remember right you have a history with Trespasser, so, remember how easy it is to roll those guys when theyre curled up (usually dead)? :p

Edit:
    Helicopters Galore! Lol. Considering it's InGen we're talking about, they'll.. for lack of a better phrase "Spare No Expense" when it comes to getting the job done.

Oh my god, I can't hear this many great JP references without watching the movie or playing Trespasser and god, the disk is in the tray already so im tempted to click the desktop icon... Anyway, lol, nice reference again!!!! I really think they explained the perfect amount with TLW so there was some things left to discuss, discover, and imagine like we are doing right now!
  • edited February 2011
    but then again, if i remember right you have a history with Trespasser, so, remember how easy it is to roll those guys when theyre curled up (usually dead)? :p

Roll? Sometimes they went flying through the air! lol

But I guess they could have airlifted it on the the platform.
  • edited February 2011
    Roll? Sometimes they went flying through the air! lol
    Thats the beauty of it! Plus, it was great seeing all the glitches at the one part when you finally make it outta the town and the two Rexes attack the Para then kill each other, then you kill the remaining one! God, too many dinos in one place really screwed up the Tres engine! What's even more fun is watching the Brachiosaurs go flying (OMFG! JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH THE TELLTALE GAME NEEDS BRACHIES!!!!)
    But I guess they could have airlifted it on the the platform.

True, or they coulda just added the patch and turned up the firepower of their guns... Thats what I do when a Rex body blocks the road outta the town...
  • edited February 2011
    Don't worry OP, you are not the only person confused.
  • edited February 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »

Oh yes, i answered the same question in that thread except I didn't have as much fun doing it because i hadn't found my friends around here yet, and now that I have i'm free to discuss Trespasser!!!!!!! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Oh yes, i answered the same question in that thread except I didn't have as much fun doing it because i hadn't found my friends around here yet, and now that I have i'm free to discuss Trespasser!!!!!!! :D

Trespasser is THE SINGLE BEST GAME EVER MADE!!!!!

ok im good now. :) but universal needs to let someone remake it. dont change anything just a graphics upgrade and extend the levels a bit and you got a 70$ game that would sell really well. but make it so that computers could actually run it. oh and keep it away from consoles they f@#k up every game that should be PC only. that or condole gamers should let the pc equivalent be better then theirs. just saying.
  • edited February 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »

It's been a while since I've read the book, years in fact.. so pardon me if I forgot about that part of the novel, lol.

Anyways, I just brought this up because I'm the sort of guy that thinks too much about things, like for instance this scene. John Hammond said most of the carnivores are at the interior of the island, raptors would probably be lumped in there. InGen probably had to airlift the Rex onto the ship, which honestly doesn't give the captain of the ship any real reason to anchor it to a dock of any sorts, could have just dropped the Rex and off they went!

Anyways, it would have been awesome to see some explanations as to the crew just turning up dead! Lol.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.