driving jeeps?

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
I hope will we be able to drive any of the jeeps in Jurassic park, like escaping from some dinosaur chasing you? that would be coolio!!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    From what I see on the demo video, I think not.
    At least not "drive-drive" with total freedom. Maybe the character is driving a jeep, but your actions as a player will only be pushing some keys on some quick-time-events. Or something like the driving minigames on Sam&Max seasons 1&2.
    I can be wrong, though...
  • edited March 2011
    From what I see on the demo video, I think not.
    At least not "drive-drive" with total freedom. Maybe the character is driving a jeep, but your actions as a player will only be pushing some keys on some quick-time-events. Or something like the driving minigames on Sam&Max seasons 1&2.
    I can be wrong, though...

I agree.

If there is a scene like that I reckon it will be like the driving sequence in Heavy Rain.
  • edited March 2011
    would be neat though driving some vehicle in the game..
  • edited March 2011
    Phoenix123 wrote: »
    I agree.

If there is a scene like that I reckon it will be like the driving sequence in Heavy Rain.

I loved that section, it was so tense.

Also, I'm 99.9% sure that there won't be a section where you drive the jeep with freedom, just as players won't be able to control the DeLorean in BTTF. The TellTale engine just isn't set up for that kind of thing. Although, as Javi said maybe we'll see something along the lines of the driving sections from Sam & Max, I doubt it though.
  • edited March 2011
    QTE driving sequence would be cool.
  • edited March 2011
    The question also is: WHAT is there to drive?

Hardings jeep is crashed by the Triceratops. Muldoon's jeep is due to film canon out of question.
    There's only Nedry's jeep left and maybe some other jeeps we don't know. In the novel there existed an east-garage with maintenance vehicles in there.
  • edited March 2011
    o0o how fascinating..and tope1983 i love your answer :)
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

Hardings jeep is crashed by the Triceratops. Muldoon's jeep is due to film canon out of question.
    There's only Nedry's jeep left and maybe some other jeeps we don't know. In the novel there existed an east-garage with maintenance vehicles in there.

Were the Jeeps the only gas-powered vehicles on Isla Nublar?
  • edited March 2011
    Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.
  • edited March 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Also, I'm 99.9% sure that there won't be a section where you drive the jeep with freedom, just as players won't be able to control the DeLorean in BTTF. The TellTale engine just isn't set up for that kind of thing.

How great would it be to be able to drive on the island, go where you want to ... until something gets in your way, of course.
  • edited March 2011
    hmm anymore idea's?
  • edited March 2011
    How great would it be to be able to drive on the island, go where you want to ... until something gets in your way, of course.

It would be great fun to be sure but it would also be a very different game to the one TellTale is making. Just as the GTA: Vice City mod allowed BTTF fans to drive the DeLorean, the JP mod for Crysis 2 will most likely be your best bet.
  • edited March 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    It would be great fun to be sure but it would also be a very different game to the one TellTale is making. Just as the GTA: Vice City mod allowed BTTF fans to drive the DeLorean, the JP mod for Crysis 2 will most likely be your best bet.

A JP-Mod for Crysis 2? Would be interesting if someone is working on a mod for a game that doesnt even came out.

You may mean the Return to Jurassic Park mod for Crysis, but I wouldnt put much excitment in waiting for a mod!

BTW, there was a mod for Crysis that let you drive the DeLorean, and that was very awesome. Heres a vid!
  • edited March 2011
    holy crap that is an awesome mod!!!! wow i cannot wait untill my b-day i want my gaming pc now!@!@!!@!@ o.o
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

But we dont know WHEN in the game Hardings jeep is destroyed. We could be able to interact with it before the Triceratops destroys it.
  • edited March 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    A JP-Mod for Crysis 2? Would be interesting if someone is working on a mod for a game that doesnt even came out.

You may mean the Return to Jurassic Park mod for Crysis...

Yeah, I guess that's what I meant. They could be up to Crysis 47 for all I know seeming as I have neither the inclination nor a super computer with access to more processing power than HAL 9000 and Deep Thought combined to care.

Besides, surely there will be a Jurassic Park mod for Crysis 2 at some point in the future. There'll probably be one for Crysis 47 too.
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    BTW, there was a mod for Crysis that let you drive the DeLorean, and that was very awesome. Heres a vid!

I saw that one a while back, it's nicely done. Regarding that mod; if you want to watch something cringe-worthy with Christopher Lloyd then watch this...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbTNDXKW7bwI&ei=fuyGTYn3K9GDhQfA75SuBA&v6u=http%3A%2F%2Fdualstack.ipv6-exp.l.google.com%2Fgen_204%3Fip%3D86.7.64.79%26ts%3D1300687998804570%26auth%3Dsw5vs7rdltmbevykn6utjbupaqepmu5k%26rndm%3D0.3365887453189015&v6s=2&v6t=2365&usg=AFQjCNFvMDTCuaJ6Jxfgx8w63DLLzPDuzw&sig2=5iyQbCZwjsL_bylgSYeoYw
  • edited March 2011
    But we dont know WHEN in the game Hardings jeep is destroyed. We could be able to interact with it before the Triceratops destroys it.

True, we don't know WHEN EXACTLY the game starts before the trike crashes the jeep so maybe we'll start with Harding riding to East Dock where we could interact with the car.

@Bombillazo asking: Were the Jeeps the only gas-powered vehicles on Isla Nublar?
    In the novel there were maintenance vehicles but it is never said if they run on gas or electric. And at least there's one more e-powered vehicle - similar to a golf buggy - which is used in an underground tunnel that connects the visitors area with the waterfall at the end of the jungle river.
    No more are mentioned in the novel, how much and even IF there are any in the movie I don't know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.