years after or during the incident of nublar .

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
well i was just wondering cause in the trailer shows nedrys car and the lights are on.. theres no way the batt. would be working if it was years after ? so does it take place during the first movie ?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »
    does it take place during the first movie ?

Yes. It begins during the events of the first movie.
  • edited March 2011
    well i was just wondering cause in the trailer shows nedrys car and the lights are on.. theres no way the batt. would be working if it was years after ? so does it take place during the first movie ?

No, remember that in JP, all cars had Solar Panels installed on the roof, very expensive high tech at the early 90's, but John Hammond spared no expense on that. The vehicles were required to be Eco friendly (albeit those used gas) and last at least 2 days without needing of solar panel recharge or gas, whichever was used up first. So basically the Sun kept the car going, at least the lights.
  • edited March 2011
    It takes place slightly before the time the power goes out across the park. Therefore dead batteries would not be a problem.
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    No, remember that in JP, all cars had Solar Panels installed on the roof, very expensive high tech at the early 90's, but John Hammond spared no expense on that. The vehicles were required to be Eco friendly (albeit those used gas) and last at least 2 days without needing of solar panel recharge or gas, whichever was used up first. So basically the Sun kept the car going, at least the lights.

I don't recall any solar panels. I know the Explorers were electric but I don't think they made any mention of the Jeeps being eco-friendly. Was that the book?
  • edited March 2011
    In the book they had gas-powered jeeps.
  • edited March 2011
    in the book they were modified Land-Cruisers with low weight and electric power
    see HERE
    320px-Jplandcruiser.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    in the book they were modified Land-Cruisers with low weight and electric power
    see HERE
    320px-Jplandcruiser.jpg

Those were in the tour ride. But staff vehicles were gas powered jeeps - painted with a diagonal red stripe, which somewhat prevented triceratops from attacking the car (this is explained in the novel, but not in the movie)

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_Staff_Vehicles
  • edited March 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    I don't recall any solar panels. I know the Explorers were electric but I don't think they made any mention of the Jeeps being eco-friendly. Was that the book?

hehe, no, im just messing around, its pretty much what u said
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Those were in the tour ride. But staff vehicles were gas powered jeeps - painted with a diagonal red stripe, which somewhat prevented triceratops from attacking the car (this is explained in the novel, but not in the movie)

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_Staff_Vehicles

yeah. i meant the tour vehicles of course.
    the other jeeps were gas-powered and used by the staff.

well the red stripe as explained in the novel got used in the movie but never mentioned. and as we see, it's useless when the horn honks ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I kinda feel like JP would be so outdate in tech and stuff today :P
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    I kinda feel like JP would be so outdate in tech and stuff today :P

they wouldve upgraded as time passed :)

i mean the original is almost 2 decades old now
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    they wouldve upgraded as time passed :)

i mean the original is almost 2 decades old now

What's an "interactive cd-rom"?

Any new replacement vehicles would just come with factory LCD displays on an island-wide wifi linkup. Visitors could download the tour app for their iPhone to guide them through the park.
  • edited March 2011
    Be neat to see what tech theyd have now.

OMG its an interactive touch screen!
  • edited March 2011
    Would you want to see a reboot, though? I'm just that obsessed with JP to accept the notion. If done right, of course.

But up-to-date tech, even future tech, would be so friggin' awesome in a new version!
  • edited March 2011
    A huge NO to reboot! In the way like Star Trek, I mean. Maybe a new trilogy, but with all events from previous movies already unfolded.
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    A huge NO to reboot! In the way like Star Trek, I mean. Maybe a new trilogy, but with all events from previous movies already unfolded.
    Or get some third party company to buy out InGen and attempt to reopen Isla Nublar, new tech, new structures. The question would become how to do it without repeating the first movie. You always have something go wrong, but maybe it's not with the park itself. Involve the military somehow, invading the island to prevent another Isla Nublar Incident or sent in to take out a guerrilla movement attempting to save the dinosaurs or pushing their own agenda by using the new Isla Nublar as a terrorist attack...

...Just my opinion.
  • edited March 2011
    I'd think it'd be interesting to see Jurassic Park v.2 on Nublar again.. lol.
  • edited March 2011
    That, or velocirobots with transforming limbs/machine guns.
  • edited March 2011
    As much as I would like to see more Jurassic Park, I don't think it needs a reboot. It was just done so well the first time, and it was so ground breaking, I don't think remaking it would do it justice.

I would love to see a remastered, extended movie. Plug in the deleted scenes. Maybe even add some of the original concepts that were kept out because of time and money. It would be the same movie but with a lot of little holes filled in.
  • edited March 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    As much as I would like to see more Jurassic Park, I don't think it needs a reboot. It was just done so well the first time, and it was so ground breaking, I don't think remaking it would do it justice.

I would love to see a remastered, extended movie. Plug in the deleted scenes. Maybe even add some of the original concepts that were kept out because of time and money. It would be the same movie but with a lot of little holes filled in.

that would be awesome, and with today' s CGI power, even fix up those flukes in discontinuity and errors.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.