Mislabeling of Nedry's Jeep in Jurassic Park: The Game.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    I personally have no issues with the graphics - I actually think they're very nice (I'm not that picky. I personally believe in the concept of story>graphics). But on Youtube as well as some other outlets, it seems that people are bashing the mud scene more than any other scene.

Is there any plan on working on the detail of the mud? To make it less "jello-like" as some of those special Youtubers are describing it? :P
    Well this isn't a horse powered engine like Crysis or Frostbite, so it might be changed but I highly doubt it.
  • edited March 2011
    I personally have no issues with the graphics - I actually think they're very nice (I'm not that picky. I personally believe in the concept of story>graphics). But on Youtube as well as some other outlets, it seems that people are bashing the mud scene more than any other scene.

Is there any plan on working on the detail of the mud? To make it less "jello-like" as some of those special Youtubers are describing it? :P

Yea it down it has no texture to it, It looks smooth and clumpy like oil/jello. It looks way to smooth compared to the movie. And when the can sinks it looks like its going in the ground instead of mud covering it.
  • edited March 2011
    Just an observation.. haha. I don't want to seem like a nitpicky bi**ch.. haha.
  • edited March 2011
    Just an observation.. haha. I don't want to seem like a nitpicky bi**ch.. haha.

You're not being nitpicky, you're improving the game with your feedback.

I noticed with the latest video they have the tow cable added on JP12, near the ground. (Was that due to our feedback or an addition since we've last seen footage?) Good Job!

dilophasaurus2.th.jpg

But wait a minute...what's this?

dilophasaurus5.th.jpg

Is that Nedry's Jeep rolled down the hill (I guess due to some challenge QTE in the game)? What exactly is the top of the tow cable attached to now that JP12 is down the hill?

I realize this is an older build due to Nedry's Jeep still reading 14 on it's license plate, please don't overlook the rearview mirror tag (Which also says 14) when you change it to 12.

Hope this helps somehow, keep on releasing the media!
  • edited March 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already but Gerry Harding's clothing in the movies showed a yellow jurassic park logo on his left sleeve while in the game it seems to be a red one:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7H5HBCcaa66Md3mu_hFJSDWYDHspl6cSfgW8wRhEpWnWAX0d1&t=1

VGL

hardingred.jpg

and the label "harding" I can't see on the movie-shot....
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already but Gerry Harding's clothing in the movies showed a yellow jurassic park logo on his left sleeve while in the game it seems to be a red one:

Good catch! I do have to say, however, that the uniform looks much sharper in the game than the movie for some reason.
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7H5HBCcaa66Md3mu_hFJSDWYDHspl6cSfgW8wRhEpWnWAX0d1&t=1

VGL

hardingred.jpg

and the label "harding" I can't see on the movie-shot....

Either way, he's wearing a completely different uniform. The one in the movie is all green.
  • edited March 2011
    IIRC the red logo was only used for the jeeps. Everything else had the yellow logo.
  • edited March 2011
    Tope1983, I hope you don't mind me using that East Dock sign photo from the other thread but I had to bring up jmine83's point again seen here.

The last time he noted this was near the Trike pen, but it's seen here near Nedry's Jeep as well...

edsigncomparison.th.jpg

---

In addition, the license plate formatting is wrong, it should not be "J.P.C.R" (On both JP12 and JP14 in-game), but "i.n.C.R" as seen in the movie.
    jlicensecomparison.th.jpg

I don't know where the "J.P.C.R" thing started, but it's also on that fan-made replica of JP18. So it's been picking up some traction in replica license plates.
  • edited March 2011
    I think J.P.C.R came from the Original gift shop version of the license plate. Also, I think i.n.C.R. actually stands for Isla Nublar, Costa Rica.
  • edited March 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    I think J.P.C.R came from the Original gift shop version of the license plate. Also, I think i.n.C.R. actually stands for Isla Nublar, Costa Rica.
    Well there you go then, whatever it means, it's the correct acronym to use.

Typical gift shops selling things that aren't accurate...
  • edited March 2011
    Also, they I've noticed that the screenshots where we can see details on the foglamps are that they are without brushguards like they have in the movies. Which would make sense as they would be needed in a jungle like this to keep them from being smashed even by the smaller branches hitting them.

Sorry, don't mean to be nitpicky, but just thought I'd point that out as well.
  • edited March 2011
    Also, they I've noticed that the screenshots where we can see details on the foglamps are that they are without brushguards like they have in the movies. Which would make sense as they would be needed in a jungle like this to keep them from being smashed even by the smaller branches hitting them.

Yes, brushguards would make sense. Or that is also Jeep trademark?
  • edited March 2011
    also jp 18 and jp 29 were used to deliver the people to the east dock..or they were stored some where else on the island..

http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/jurassic-park-jeep-18.png

http://www.jurassicparkjeep.com/jpsc/29-4.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    wish bones wrote: »
    also jp 18 and jp 29 were used to deliver the people to the east dock..or they were stored some where else on the island..

http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/jurassic-park-jeep-18.png

http://www.jurassicparkjeep.com/jpsc/29-4.jpg

Hmm, if I remember it was not a jeep, but a shuttle bus, that took employees to the dock. Arnold said that prior to arrival of the storm. It would be good if player would stumble upon (at some part of the game) at that shuttle bus. Maybe parked in the dock parking lot...

Also it would be cool to find other jeeps, maybe parked in visitor centers garage, and other explorers too...Telltale is damn, lucky, as possibilities are endless. Hope that they would use at least one :)
  • edited March 2011
    so wich jeep did Gerry Harding drive in the movie?

i dont want all the jeeps to have jp 12 on them...they need to be either 18 or 29 on the other jeeps
  • edited March 2011

Good eye! Pointing it out is not being nitpicky, your contributing to a more accurate JP game, which hopefully can become part of the canon.
    veki wrote: »
    Yes, brushguards would make sense. Or that is also Jeep trademark?
    The only part that should be instantly recognizable and trademarked with Jeep was the signature grill, which Telltale has already explained it's lack of in-game appearance.

The brushguards shouldn't fall under any copyright, unless the makers of those brushguards have signature ones that can be told instantly from their movie appearance.
    Actually JP18 and JP29 were used multi-purposely, just like all of the Jeeps in the Park. They are the primary use of transportation by staff members for any task.

The explanation for their use to and from the InGen Helicopter Pad could be a temporary way to get visitor's to the Visitor's Center until a more permanent transportation (IE: Bus, Shuttle, or another SUV) could have been implemented closer to opening. They still had several months until Jurassic Park opened to the public.

As Veki explained, the staff to the boat at the East Dock were transported in a shuttle and not the Jeeps.
    so wich jeep did Gerry Harding drive in the movie?

i dont want all the jeeps to have jp 12 on them...they need to be either 18 or 29 on the other jeeps
    It's unknown which Jeep Harding drove from the sick Triceratops while transporting Ellie back to the Visitor's Center. The game attempts to explain it by creating JP14, which he would use in the game to drive himself and his daughter to the East Dock before being interrupted by the discovery of Nima.

It could have been JP18 or JP29, but it would be more likely he had a different one (Such as JP14). JP12 was used by Nedry and was left where it crashed and JP10 was used in the search for the passengers of the Explorers by Ellie and Muldoon and later used to get to the InGen Helicopter from the Visitor's Center.

There could/should be much more than 4-5 Jeeps throughout the park, similar to the novel.
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Hmm, if I remember it was not a jeep, but a shuttle bus, that took employees to the dock. Arnold said that prior to arrival of the storm. It would be good if player would stumble upon (at some part of the game) at that shuttle bus. Maybe parked in the dock parking lot...

Also it would be cool to find other jeeps, maybe parked in visitor centers garage, and other explorers too...Telltale is damn, lucky, as possibilities are endless. Hope that they would use at least one :)

Arnold only referred to a "shuttle," which I suppose could be anything. I agree that there are probably many other jeeps, just looking at the number range (10-29 for the gas jeeps). To me, it only makes sense that Harding would have his own.
  • edited March 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    Arnold only referred to a "shuttle," which I suppose could be anything. I agree that there are probably many other jeeps, just looking at the number range (12-29 for the gas jeeps). To me, it only makes sense that Harding would have his own.

Yep, and as for the shuttle, if its not a bus, what else could it be? (Non sarcastically)
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Either way, he's wearing a completely different uniform. The one in the movie is all green.

Looks the same to me, just less light.
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    IIRC the red logo was only used for the jeeps. Everything else had the yellow logo.

True
  • edited March 2011
    so the jeep in the triceratops scene with harding is impossible to see the number on the jeep? since the camera wasnt really focused on it..
  • edited March 2011
    so the jeep in the triceratops scene with harding is impossible to see the number on the jeep? since the camera wasnt really focused on it..

Precisely, although maybe someone with an HD version could get a better shot of it.

To me personally it looks a little like JP10 (With the khaki duel tool boxes on the back on either side), with the lack of a roll cage, but it's really hard to see from a DVD copy. I tried to sharpen the image to see better, but still can't tell.

focushardingjeep.th.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    what about when he is with the triceratops...cause it does show the jeep again close up doesn't it? or am i wrong on that?
  • edited March 2011
    what about when he is with the triceratops...cause it does show the jeep again close up doesn't it? or am i wrong on that?
    Negative, I just watched that scene and it's not next to the Trike.
  • edited March 2011
    hmm well damn..i guess jp14 will have to do
  • edited March 2011
    Two more minor things until the next media is released, and these really are minor but should be brought up just for comparison sake.

The first one is more "important". Although the East Dock was never fully realized in the movie except for a few camera shots, it being fleshed out in the game one minor detail was left out.

eastdockcomparison.th.jpg

The "camera" footage seen in the movie is from some sort of camera correct? Where is this said camera on the East Dock in the game? It'd be a nice touch to add in this fictional unseen addition, say a security camera mounted on a pole on the left corner of the dock itself?

---

The second comparison are the fences, there is some minor aesthetics changes that are notable even though the Triceratops Fence is shorter than the T-Rex Fence, the design should, in my opinion remain uniform and consistent. As this fence is not modeled after the Dilophosaurus or Velociraptor fences, it shouldn't be a different design all together. Therefore small tweaks should be made: 1.) The blue light should be brought up the beam, right under the orange light and above the beam itself onto the flat elongated metal piece. 2.) The ratio between the Orange and Blue warning lights is not as drastic as depicted in game (Blue light being much smaller), therefore the blue light should be enlarged. and 2.) A metal ring should be added to the rear of the top piece. and finally 4.) The little Red alarm below the lights that was used to indicate when the fence was about to go online again. (This was patterned as one beam having it, the next beam does not, etc.)

paddockfencecomparison.th.jpg

Its very minor and surely very petty, but yet again I hope it helps. Until the next one!
  • edited March 2011
    Haha! Good finds! Lol. Is every fan-base so particular? :P

And I really hope the Telltale folks don't hate us for all of these.. :X
  • edited March 2011
    Haha! Good finds! Lol. Is every fan-base so particular? :P

And I really hope the Telltale folks don't hate us for all of these.. :X

No, I think they're as big as fans as us, yet they cant go through every little detail, so thats where we might help out! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    No, I think they're as big as fans as us, yet they cant go through every little detail, so thats where we might help out! :D

Well, that's good.. haha. If it's true, anyway. :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    This is my personal hope that we aren't bugging them, but showing them things they may have overlooked. In the end, it's up to Telltale to implement these things or not. It's better fan service if they actually do take into account these things, but nothings being held against them. The are a developer who seems to care a lot, and it's my hope that they will be able to show that.

On a side note: I do take some joy in these comparison images, pretty proud of them.
  • edited March 2011
    This is my personal hope that we aren't bugging them, but showing them things they may have overlooked. In the end, it's up to Telltale to implement these things or not. It's better fan service if they actually do take into account these things, but nothings being held against them. The are a developer who seems to care a lot, and it's my hope that they will be able to show that.

On a side note: I do take some joy in these comparison images, pretty proud of them.

You are awesome. Telltale should definitely offer you a job as consultant, in the next season (if there will be one). Good job on finding all those details.
    Every day my expectations for JP: the game grow more and more ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Whats funny is it feels like we are developers of the game. And where telling the team what to fix.
  • edited April 2011
    Whats funny is it feels like we are developers of the game. And where telling the team what to fix.
    Nah, we're just diligent helpers. :D
  • edited April 2011
    The first one is more "important". Although the East Dock was never fully realized in the movie except for a few camera shots, it being fleshed out in the game one minor detail was left out.

eastdockcomparison.th.jpg

Another thing I've recognized (for the detail-loving people in this forum):

The letters on the ship are - compared to the movie-screens - way too big and placed too high. You can see that in the movie they're leveled in the middle of the ladder (in the game they're leveled above the ladder)…

additionally the horizontal/diagonal stripe is white in the movie, instead of darkblue :p

20110408-qfx6pcxwdx4nthj4y8wy9tpdeg.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Another thing I've recognized (for the detail-loving people in this forum):

The letters on the ship are - compared to the movie-screens - way too big and placed too high. You can see that in the movie they're leveled in the middle of the ladder (in the game they're leveled above the ladder)…

additionally the horizontal/diagonal stripe is white in the movie, instead of darkblue :p

20110408-qfx6pcxwdx4nthj4y8wy9tpdeg.jpg
    Very nice find! I don't even know if the ships should say "C-3208" as we never really see that last number, maybe set pictures had the answer to that.
  • edited April 2011
    Look...they've been listening! At least in this one instance.

signcompupdate.th.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Another example here from E3, the license plate is finally fixed. The graphics are looking like an improvement since the trailer.

jurassic-park-the-game-20110607061018043.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.