PC Playability

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hi everyone,

one thing I've been wondering about ever since I've seen the gameplay vid, was how this game may be played, if you do not own a gamepad? Since it seems so heavily influenced by Heavy Rain I wonder if it would be playable with a mouse and keyboard at all? There was no answer within the FAQ.

Thanks for making this game Telltale!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Robbygray wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

one thing I've been wondering about ever since I've seen the gameplay vid, was how this game may be played, if you do not own a gamepad? Since it seems so heavily influenced by Heavy Rain I wonder if it would be playable with a mouse and keyboard at all? There was no answer within the FAQ.

Thanks for making this game Telltale!
    It's playable on the Mouse/Keyboard in a similar way as BTTF is. I'm guessing the quick time events would be utilized using mapped keys while the directional aspect of the view of the scene would be with the mouse.

Although it does seem like they are pushing for gamepad use a little more, it would seem easier.

Short answer is you shouldn't worry about it, they've got everything covered.
  • edited April 2011
    I think I read that they are working on implementing a dynamic mouse control system, trying to make the game as immersive as possible.
  • edited April 2011
    I wouldn't mind getting a bit more detailed info on this.
    A screen shot seeing the mouse&keyboard QTE prompts would be enough... :D
  • edited April 2011
    Same here - there ist much known about the story and the dinos but not very much about the gameplay itself. I wouldn't mind if this would be an ordinary usually telltale adventure but this game seems to be different in many ways. How can someone expect me to preorder if I know so few about the gameplay itself?
  • edited April 2011
    Who doesn't know anything has to believe everything!

Pre-ordering is just believing in Telltale Games.
    Believing that they will offer an enjoyful experience.

Concerning the gameplay... Well I know some Point & Click adventures and basically Telltale did such with their other universal license: BTTF:TG. Even so it is less an adventure game but more an interactive movie.
    Jurassic Park isn't Point & Click, they said they tried something new that would offer a more cinematic experience.
    We only KNOW there will be QTE during action sequences and pre-defined-button-interactions during exploring scenes. How all this finally will feel in the whole game-context.... well, if you want this answered by yourself you have to pre-order ;)
    otherwise wait until the first reviews and comments are out.

As a huge JP-fan and enjoying the BTTF game by Telltale Games I decided to pre-order.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.