Will the game have difficulty levels?

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
As far as I understand, this will be a very different kind of Telltale game, one in which much of the action is played by pressing various key combinations and such.

Which has me wondering - will there be difficulty levels in this game, affecting things such as how quickly the buttons need to be pressed, etc?

Not that I think the default will be that difficult, but I'm sure there are people out there that would appreciate an option like this... an obvious group are people very new to gaming in general and people that just play video games very rarely in general.
Also people who aren't all that interested in this kind of gameplay, but that would still love to play through the game only to experience the storyline, like some sort of interactive movie.

Also in cases like myself, where I have some finger issues preventing me from doing keyboard combinations all that quickly, it would be very handy.
But I obviously don't expect Telltale to take that last reason into consideration, just pointing out so you don't think I'm absolutely rubbish at games or anything like that :cool::D

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Armakuni wrote: »
    As far as I understand, this will be a very different kind of Telltale game, one in which much of the action is played by pressing various key combinations and such.

Which has me wondering - will there be difficulty levels in this game, affecting things such as how quickly the buttons need to be pressed, etc?

Not that I think the default will be that difficult, but I'm sure there are people out there that would appreciate an option like this... an obvious group are people very new to gaming in general and people that just play video games very rarely in general.
    Also people who aren't all that interested in this kind of gameplay, but that would still love to play through the game only to experience the storyline, like some sort of interactive movie.

Also in cases like myself, where I have some finger issues preventing me from doing keyboard combinations all that quickly, it would be very handy.
    But I obviously don't expect Telltale to take that last reason into consideration, just pointing out so you don't think I'm absolutely rubbish at games or anything like that :cool::D

If I can recall from what we know so far no. I remember them talking about one default difficulty level (similar to BTTF) that will change to slightly easier if say you keep dying. The game will be the judge of your skill and will appropriately tune itself to help you so the game doesn't get frustrating. What this may have to do in regards to easier buttons/keys, I do not know if this was even looked at in the first place. If all else fails, a gamepad would probably be your friend.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, that sounds better than nothing in any case.

If nothing else one could maybe just leave the game running and dying a bunch of times in a row... ending up with a really easy setting?
  • edited April 2011
    play on hardest difficulty
  • edited April 2011
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Well, that sounds better than nothing in any case.

If nothing else one could maybe just leave the game running and dying a bunch of times in a row... ending up with a really easy setting?

Possibly...and even if that were true, you better hope the game saves that level of difficulty or you'd have to do it every time you play.:p

But maybe Telltale might answer this, I'd like to know.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised it wasn't mentioned in the FAQ thread here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.