Gamespot: On The Spot Show

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
hey everyone,

Telltale have annouced on their blog that jurassic park will be featured on gamespot today and that they will be showing off the game and releasing some more information that everyone has been waiting for, of course the timezones have managed to confuse me because the time the show is at is 04:00 PM GMT (Gamespot website) and on the Telltale Blog its 04:00 PM (PST) which in that case what Gamespot really mean is 4:00PM GMT-7 which means we have to wait until midnight in the UK to watch the show, im so gutted as if it was GMT it would of been 2hrs ago and i have been eagerly checking all day for the video but so far theres no sign of it :confused:

Watch Gamespot's: On The Spot

04:00 PM GMT-7 - USA / Canada
12:00 PM BST (Midnight) - United Kingdom

Who else is excited about this show and what do you think they are going to release, lets hope for a release date for episode one and some awesome footage and some questions we all have had in our minds for so long, cleared up :)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Still so long?
    Can't wait!
  • edited April 2011
    Still so long?
    Can't wait!

it has left like eternity for me today and still 6 hours to go, we will have to find something to do to keep us occupied until then, alas...
  • edited April 2011
    When start get here in Brazil will not be too late, now so holdn,for information do JP.

Do not know much English Tradus on google.
  • edited April 2011
    10 Mins to go folks in the UK :)
    EDIT: Eeeek it's on now...

Jurassic Park is live now, check it out...

Watch Gamespot's: On The Spot
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like they updated some of the minor details. Kinda confused why they're still using the Dino Crisis Roar though
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like they updated some of the minor details. Kinda confused why they're still using the Dino Crisis Roar though

Yes they did update parts and idk what ur talking about... they fixed the roar!
  • edited April 2011
    Could anyone make a resume of what's going on? I can't seem to be able to watch it.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »

Maybe, but not in this demo.
  • edited April 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Could anyone make a resume of what's going on? I can't seem to be able to watch it.

Thanks in advance! :)

hey, i have done a quick summary of the show in my last comment...
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    hey, i have done a quick summary of the show in my last comment...

Sorry, I hadn't seen it. Thanks for the details!
  • edited April 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Sorry, I hadn't seen it. Thanks for the details!

Not a problem at all, im glad to be able to help you.
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »

I heard the Dino Crisis roar when I watched it. Either my hearing's going, or there's some sort of discrepancy with the feed.
  • edited April 2011
    I heard the Dino Crisis roar when I watched it. Either my hearing's going, or there's some sort of discrepancy with the feed.

I heard it too, don't worry.
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I heard it too, don't worry.

Good. I'm not crazy then. Either way, it looks like they updated the graphics a little and they fixed some of the minor details such as the sign and such
  • edited April 2011
    I can't seem to find the video. It apparently isn't up yet, even though you guys said you saw it..... It wasn't a one-time thing, was it?
  • edited April 2011
    I can't seem to find the video. It apparently isn't up yet, even though you guys said you saw it..... It wasn't a one-time thing, was it?

It was a live vid. But from what I've seen, they keep their vids archived. You might wanna try the link later on or even tomorrow to see if the vid is posted again. Either way, you didn't really miss a whole lot
  • edited April 2011
    Replay/Archive is up! Watching it now!

He announced that Parasaurolophus would appear in the game! After only being glimpsed at in the first movie next to the Brachiasaurus "Lake Scene" (Slightly bigger role in TLW during the InGen hunter/chase scene).

Also what could "Sorkin's Journal" be at the pause menu at the end be? Hmmm...

He also stated "Consoles" plural, so there may be hope yet for more than PS3 and/or 360.
  • edited April 2011
    Ok i removed my old comment about the video and heres my summary...
    • Minor changes have been made the the game's graphics
    • A new dinosaur has been annouced
    • A preview of the games pause menu has been shown
    • A preview of the death screen has been shown
    • No release date has been given as yet (somewhere in the next 22 days)
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    (somewhere in the next 22 days)

22 days of suffering :(
  • edited April 2011
    Replay/Archive is up! Watching it now!

He announced that Parasaurolophus would appear in the game! After only being glimpsed at in the first movie next to the Brachiasaurus "Lake Scene" (Slightly bigger role in TLW during the InGen hunter/chase scene).

Also what could "Sorkin's Journal" be at the pause menu at the end be? Hmmm...

He also stated "Consoles" plural, so there may be hope yet for more than PS3 and/or 360.

Oooh what COULD Sorkin's Journal be? Also, who the heck is Sorkin?

As for the consoles, we haven't announced anything more than coming this fall. I promise you, if Jurassic Park CAN get onto multiple consoles it will. The same goes for all of our games.
  • edited April 2011

"Jurassic Park - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards
    Driver - steve sorkin"
    :confused:
  • edited April 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    22 days of suffering :(

Correct!
  • edited April 2011
    I still get a bit ticked off when I scroll down at the comments and see "That Jurassic Park game looks F***ing horrible!" The hell is wrong with people?

But anywho, The game looks great. I did still notice the Dino Crisis roar but everying else looks a lot more polished. The graphics look touched up. The pauses inbetween scenes arn't there anymore. Although, I did notice that Harding this this weird jump off the car thing. lol Like when the flash starts running. Other than that, it looks like its very close to being good to go. Can't wait to play it :)
  • edited April 2011
    I still get a bit ticked off when I scroll down at the comments and see "That Jurassic Park game looks F***ing horrible!" The hell is wrong with people?

But anywho, The game looks great. I did still notice the Dino Crisis roar but everying else looks a lot more polished. The graphics look touched up. The pauses inbetween scenes arn't there anymore. Although, I did notice that Harding this this weird jump off the car thing. lol Like when the flash starts running. Other than that, it looks like its very close to being good to go. Can't wait to play it :)

I never really understood why everyone is so obbsessed with graphics these days and their fasination of them being as real as possible, the real world is a dull and boring place so why would you want to recreate that.
  • edited April 2011
    Its strange that enhancements in Computer Generated Imagery has both improved and ruined movies and video games. Sure, games and movies look nicer now but there are so many who are more worried about the graphics and the special effects that they just skim over the story. That's why I'm glad telltale is making the game. At least we'll be getting a good story out of this. And that's not saying the graphics are bad either. The game looks great. That's why I don't understand the hate.
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale Games, you game is beautiful, both graphically and story wise, its a masterpiece if im perfectly honest and cant wait to play it, ignore the other people that are complaining, they simply dont have the intellegence to realise how much work you put into the game and all your other games, lets see them do a better job, i think not because no one can create a point and click adventure game better than Telltale Games.
  • edited April 2011
    oooh what could sorkin's journal be? Also, who the heck is sorkin?

As for the consoles, we haven't announced anything more than coming this fall. I promise you, if jurassic park can get onto multiple consoles it will. The same goes for all of our games.
    o i c wut u did thar. ;)
  • edited April 2011

Aaron Sorkin, creator of the Emmy-Award winning "The West Wing"! :D

Seriously...high-ranking scientist/official at Jurassic Park/InGen?

Could this be the new character "holding a position similar to Henry Wu" previously mentioned by Joe Pinney? Will Sorkin's Journal serve a similar function to John Hammond's narration in "Trespasser", giving us a deeper look into the history of Jurassic Park?

Intriguing...
  • edited April 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    Aaron Sorkin, creator of the Emmy-Award winning "The West Wing"! :D

Seriously...high-ranking scientist/official at Jurassic Park/InGen?

Could this be the new character "holding a position similar to Henry Wu" previously mentioned by Joe Pinney? Will Sorkin's Journal serve a similar function to John Hammond's narration in "Trespasser", giving us a deeper look into the history of Jurassic Park?

Intriguing...

Maybe it is some kind of Dinosaur-Facts-Archive you unlock while progressing in the game
  • edited April 2011
    I found this. lol The name might just be coincidence though
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815078/
  • edited April 2011
    Good interview. The game looks good.
  • edited April 2011
    robotpo wrote: »

Intriguing...

Oh god i hope so.... now that you said that I dont think ill be able to wait until the release cuz i want it so bad!!! Although, maybe it isnt, it could just be like in uncharted when u find treasures, or like someone else said, it could just contain dino facts. I personally hope it gives us more of the history of Jurassic Park like Hammond's memoirs in Trespasser!!
  • edited April 2011
    I hope they DO fix the roar before it is released. We can wait. Get the kinks out before you release it to the public. :)
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    I hope they DO fix the roar before it is released. We can wait. Get the kinks out before you release it to the public. :)

They did say they know about the roar and are changing it. That's why I was thrown off when I still heard the Dino Crisis Roar. Unless the Demo is seperate from the actual game. Or maybe they didn't finish replacing all the roars.
  • edited April 2011
    I have a x-box 360 controller that I used on my computer as well, I hope I can use it for this game.
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »

The roar HAS been fixed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.