Pc or console

Should I get Jurassic Park for the Pc or wait for Fall for the console version?:confused:

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Should I get Jurassic Park for the Pc or wait for Fall for the console version?:confused:

If u have a computer than can handle it, I would suggest going with the PC version. The graphics will always be better on the PC version, plus you get the episodes as soon as there ready. I know alot of people have problems with using a mouse and keyboard(and I'm one of them), so I got the x-box 360 controller dongle for my PC and it works great.
  • edited April 2011
    I think Telltale's games are best on PC. I've also become a bit of a PC snob so my console is mostly for social gaming and exclusives. I prefer the mouse and keyboard and can use a 360 controller on other games if I want. Also the PC date is sooner.

But it comes down to what would you enjoy playing it on. Keep in mind the actual consoles have not been announced.
  • edited April 2011

if your one of those folks with the ipad its an exact console PC/console port on an ipad
  • edited April 2011
    If you have a PC that can run it and you don't mind playing games on the PC then get it for computer. If you like playing games on the console better than get it for that later. However, I noticed that with Back to the Future the game seems more buggy during the transition from PC to console. Not sure if it'll be the same for Jurassic Park.

I preordered it for the computer and I had planned to get it for PS3 (if it went to that) as well. But I just got a jeep so I got bills now so I'm sticking with the PC version unless for some reason it doesn't run on my pc which I doubt it.
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale's a PC developer first and a console developer second, so I'd always go with the PC version, especially since with the exception of the PSN version of The Devil's Playhouse all of Telltale's attempts to bring their games to consoles have encountered problems.

Of course, the fact that the console version of JP is taking so long makes me hope Telltale is taking the time to be extra careful that they do consoles right this time. Still, why wait? :p

So yeah, get the PC version unless your computer is horrible. Or if you really, really like trophies/achievements.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah I lost that JPLegacy Contest for a copy, so I'll be waiting for a Console version. They better not skip out 360 this time...(BTTF, I'm looking at you!)
  • edited April 2011
    I don't know about you, but I just wanted to pre-order it. So I chose PC. Luckily, I have a new alienware pc, so I'll be okay.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll be waiting for it to come to the PS3. Hopefully I'll have enough patience to wait.
  • edited April 2011
    Where's the Mac in the poll? :p
  • edited April 2011
    Got it for PC for two reasons:

1) Don't know if a Xbox 360 release is planned, since we have no precise info about it...
    2) PC version is coming SIX MONTHS earlier...

I would have preferred the 360 otherwise.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm going to have it for PC and then for PS3!
  • edited April 2011
    Personally, I prefer gaming on console (XBOX in my case), with a few exceptions. But I'll be getting Jurassic Park right away for PC rather than wait; and, as it's been mentioned, it's unknown if/when there will even be a concole release.

A sure-fire way to make the game appealing on XBOX, even to people who will already have the PC verion? Enhance it with KINECT. Imagine using your hands to physically grab or swipe key areas on the screen rather than pressing buttons, actually pushing shut a gate on a charging raptor or using your whole body to dodge a tyrannosaur's jaws.
  • edited April 2011
    Speaking from experience, Telltale's games have always been best on PC.
  • edited April 2011
    Also you can check out the first episode from Youtube for example and decide later if you want to actually pay for them from the season when you have the money to do so. This comes from guy who has bought more than hundred PC games when I have thought that price is right and game is good. :)
  • edited April 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    If u have a computer than can handle it, I would suggest going with the PC version. The graphics will always be better on the PC version, plus you get the episodes as soon as there ready. I know alot of people have problems with using a mouse and keyboard(and I'm one of them), so I got the x-box 360 controller dongle for my PC and it works great.

Graphics are not ALWAYS better on the PC version. If the settings are on the highest, then yes, but if you have an older PC or a laptop, then likely a console version will look and run smoother.

Which is why I'll likely wait for the console version of this game. It looks far more detailed that BttF, so I doubt my laptop will be able to run it. However, I am going to try the demo when it comes out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.